• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

ibufdYBH3F7Jt7.jpg

iAfmD6A69KlkI.jpg

iy6irfiuYex1D.jpg

iwhiboC9BvR6P.jpg

I just wish I could force MSAA but on AMD there's no other way!

Also, I tried MLAA but the text and the little extra quantity of blur just didn't felt right on DS2 (as I played the first one this way too)... So sorry GAF for burning your eyes.

Anyway, the game is great =D ... Finally I'm back again trying to go through my backlog!

If you want more Aliased shots go here Dead Space 2 album

dr_rus

I just wish I could force MSAA but on AMD there's no other way!

Also, I tried MLAA but the text and the little extra quantity of blur just didn't felt right on DS2 (as I played the first one this way too)... So sorry GAF for burning your eyes.
Why not use FXAA injector on this one?

Why not use FXAA injector on this one?

Would it run without ruining dynamic shadows? If that's the case I may give it a shot! Has anyone ever try that?

edit:
If anyone can't confirm that, I'll give it a shot and let you guys know... with proper evidence of course!

Booted up SR:TT for the first time in a while. There was TF2 masks suddenly in my inventory. So I tried them on, they look appropriately dumb. Then I took a drive, listened to some of the hilarious radio, and was reminded of how great the game looks in motion and how much I love SR:TT.

izC6iIBWQTaWh.png

ipkdaF8ias1po.png

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Are people not allowed to post Risen 2 beta shots? I would love to see some, but maybe there is a nda.

edit - there is definitely a NDA, I guess we'll have to wait a few months for Risen 2 shots.

-SD-

Banned
Are people not allowed to post Risen 2 beta shots? I would love to see some, but maybe there is a nda.

edit - there is definitely a NDA, I guess we'll have to wait a few months for Risen 2 shots.
Yes, NDA... and I hope people respect that.

New Cryengine3 SDK update. Or as I like to say Alan Wake 1.5.

Screen shot quality could be better but the SDK is finnicky with screenshot programs.

******************************WARNING DUMP COMMENCING******************************

screenshot0000kzz5x.jpg

screenshot000133arx.jpg

Dmax3901

POM is clearly the future of gaming. I see entire games based around the fact that you can slip and slide on each individual piece of gravel.

soqquatto

do you also take requests? I'd love to see some high res shots of the Desmond memories in AC: Revelations, possibly to use'em as wallpapers. I love the setting, no interface, no body, just weird architecture and vibrant light

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual

Really ugly...
Anyway, I've completed Crysis 2 a few days ago, played with 50-60fps (With Maldo HD) almost everwhere (only drop when the big alien with the cannon shoot with it). Just awesome. I would like to post some screen but there's too many. :)

New Cryengine3 SDK update. Or as I like to say Alan Wake 1.5.

Screen shot quality could be better but the SDK is finnicky with screenshot programs.

******************************WARNING DUMP COMMENCING******************************

screenshot0000kzz5x.jpg

screenshot000133arx.jpg

How can I play this? lol

I'm playing the firts, it's magnificent.
Looking forward to the sequel, seems even better.
Geralt sure is. :D

CryEngine3 post-AA solution is awful. I wish they get rid of it in favor of FXAA or find a way to implement normal MSAA.

I kinda liked it in Crysis 2 actually... Seemed like motion-blur per-object at first.

POM is clearly the future of gaming. I see entire games based around the fact that you can slip and slide on each individual piece of gravel.

Couldn't agree more. The only ugly thing is when you move the visual and then see that the texture is actually flat, but it's fantastic anyway.

dr_rus

dr_rus, you severely need the high resolution textures in ME2 made by JeanLuc. It's night and day.
I generally dislike community texture packs and prefer original art even if its low res (there are exceptions to this rule). Plus in case of ME1/2 the install process isn't simple and loading times up to 15 minutes kinda kill the mood (these shots were taken from my third full ME2 playthrough).

Sethos

Banned
I generally dislike community texture packs and prefer original art even if its low res (there are exceptions to this rule). Plus in case of ME1/2 the install process isn't simple and loading times up to 15 minutes kinda kill the mood (these shots were taken from my third full ME2 playthrough).

It's very straightforward and no, with the packs just below the highest it does not take 15 minutes to load, takes more like 20-30 seconds.

Hey Lime, are the texture mods EatChildren linked to in the Gaf Plays Mass Effect thread the ones you suggest? Unfortunately, social.bioware.com appears to be down right now so I can't access any of them.

dr_rus

It's very straightforward and no, with the packs just below the highest it does not take 15 minutes to load, takes more like 20-30 seconds.
Tried it just now. Relatively easy to install (on a Steam version), game starts up ~3 mins, in-game level loading is more or less the same, fps went down considerably. The main problem is consistency though. Characters textures are looking good but all the other textures are still low res. When a high res character is seen with some low res NPC or near a low res asset it looks even worse than when they both are low res. I might give it a try for my next playthrough.

Hey Lime, are the texture mods EatChildren linked to in the Gaf Plays Mass Effect thread the ones you suggest? Unfortunately, social.bioware.com appears to be down right now so I can't access any of them.
You can get them here: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1052033-Mass-Effect-2-High-Resolution-Texture-Mod
There is a bug in the links there -- Ultra version for Kasumi links to Samara, the proper Kasimu link is http://captainjl.kikaimegami.com/Mass Effect 2 Texmods/Mass Effect 2/Kasumi_Final.tpf

You can get them here: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1052033-Mass-Effect-2-High-Resolution-Texture-Mod
There is a bug in the links there -- Ultra version for Kasumi links to Samara, the proper Kasimu link is http://captainjl.kikaimegami.com/Mass Effect 2 Texmods/Mass Effect 2/Kasumi_Final.tpf

Thanks! I used the TexMod for the Garius fix and the Liara LotSB texture in the original and I was happy with results. I think there were some additional packs in the Gaf Plays Mass Effect thread but I'll take a look at them when bioware get their site back up.

Edit: It does destroy the framerate on the Normandy bridge. Around 26 fps when behind the galaxy map. Anytime there are a number crew members on screen at the same time it really kills performance. This is a HD 7970 3GB, so I'm a little disappointed (I'm also forcing 8x MSAA, but lowering AA doesn't impact the performance in these cases anyway).

You know... I've never played Crysis on Very High with 4x AA at 1440p before...

MY GOD IS IT I GLORIOUS. I remember how much fun I had playing Crysis 2 but I always thought 'this just doesn't feel like Crysis any more, the detail isn't there'. I was right.

Sorry for putting these up at full size, but I just don't think they would have the desired effect otherwise...

ibjR4vCKnMGzx9.png

ixHZKNZBpbr4m.png

I'm getting 90fps+ so I've got some room to spare. I'm going to download some Crysis mods and see just how much visual splender I can push out of this baby.

Specs for those that are interested (to know what can finally run Crysis how it's supposed to be played).

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.5Ghz
RAM: 24Gb 1600 Corsair Dominator DDR3 8-8-8-24
Mobo: Asus p9x79-Deluxe
GFX: 2x 7970 @ Stock
PSU: Corsair AX-850 Gold
HDD: Kingston Hyper-X SATAIII SSD

Top Bottom