• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

Just watched a replay of the Pacer game...

Mike Woodson's beard is impossibly thick. Crazy folicles per square inch son. And I was getting kinda worried that some of the Knicks were just physically incapable of playing d but it's cool it seems like the just weren't trying before. It only took getting the coach fired mid season and pissing away the easy part of the schedule but Stat n Melo are actually paying attention most of the time now, neat. If they continue with this trying thing who knows what could happen. But thats probably too much to hope for.

Also, Collison can't stay in front of Lin at all. The Pacers are pretty good at defending the pick and roll as a team so I think that was actually slowing Lin down, but eveytime he took Collison off the dribble he got into the paint. I hope the beard noticed that and exploits it today.

KNICKS ARE BACK.

hYiWk.gif

Fatalah

Anyone have the authority to remove the old thread from the sticky area, and add this one in? Why was a new thread created, anyway?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Anyone have the authority to remove the old thread from the sticky area, and add this one in? Why was a new thread created, anyway?

20k is the limit. Last thread blew up thanks to the trading deadline and Dwight Howard being unable to decide what he wanted for lunch.

Fatalah

20k is the limit. Last thread blew up thanks to the trading deadline and Dwight Howard being unable to decide what he wanted for lunch.
Ah, I never realized there was a post limit. Is that NeoGAF policy or a tech limitation.

I bet he either stays with the Magic or goes to LA.

But the Lakers came ridiculously close to landing Michael Beasley as well.

How close?

According to a source familiar with the negotiations, the Minnesota Timberwolves backed out of a three-team deal also involving L.A. and the Portland Trail Blazers at 11:53 a.m. PT, just seven minutes before the noon PT deadline. The trade that was in place would have sent Fisher to Minnesota and the Lakers’ first-round pick acquired in the Lamar Odom trade with the Dallas Mavericks back in December to Portland. Portland, already engaged in a full-fledged fire sale, would have sent Jamal Crawford to Minnesota and the Timberwolves would have sent Anthony Tolliver to Portland. Minnesota would have also been receiving cash considerations from both L.A. and Portland as well.

But, Minnesota owner Glen Taylor and general manager David Kahn pulled out of the deal at the last minute (well, eighth-to-last minute), leaving L.A. officials “puzzled and disappointed” according to a source. Who knows what changed Minnesota’s mind. Maybe it didn’t feel comfortable being on the hook for $3.4 million for a 38-year-old Fisher in 2012-13. Maybe it was concerned that Crawford would opt out of his relatively bargain price of $5 million for next season. L.A. didn’t have time to wallow in the uncertainty trying to figure out the answer. Instead, it scrambled to put together a secondary deal with the Rockets before the trade deadline passed.

*sigh*

Onemic

Feeling good about Sessions. He is instantly the fourth best player on the Lakers and judging by his limited playing time yesterday, I can only see good things coming for the Lakers as time goes on. He's not making the all star game though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Finally the new thread is stickied, thanks duckroll. Now everybody can laugh at Knicks fans once again who suddenly think their team is back :(

Feeling good about Sessions. He is instantly the fourth best player on the Lakers and judging by his limited playing time yesterday, I can only see good things coming for the Lakers as time goes on. He's not making the all star game though.

Yea, I feel good about Sessions. He just needs to be average and we're already better.

thirty

Banned
sessions played great. pick and rolled for easy baskets, proved he can finish around the rim, and stayed in front of his man. he does need to work on his jumper though.

a concern is Blake. dude started and was awful. damn career back up.

yes, no Beas but we have to move on and hope other guys like Barnes and Murphy contribute.

Finally the new thread is stickied, thanks duckroll. Now everybody can laugh at Knicks fans once again who suddenly think their team is back :(
Your opinion is invalid, go back to pointing out how the Giants will lose to the Cowboys/Jets/Cowboys again/Falcons/Packers/49ers/Patriots. In that order.

If the Spurs keep the same starting line up that they had last night, do they have the best bench in the NBA now?

Neal
Manu
JJAAAAXXXX
Bonner
Splitter

Lakers coach Mike Brown was asked Friday what he expects from newly acquired point guard Ramon Sessions in his pregame talk with reporters. Before he could speak, Sessions moved alongside the coach and spoke for himself.

“My job is to be a play-maker,” Sessions began. “Also get guys shots, (and) if there’s a night where I need to score the ball I’ll score the ball. (And) if I need to come out and pass the ball I can do that.

“And defend.”
Sessions was right with his to-do list. It was just in the wrong order for Brown’s liking.

“He jumped the order,” Brown said. “It’s first defense, (second) defend and maybe defend, and third, go ahead and score. You got the green light to score, buddy. If you can get us a basket, go ahead and score.

“After that make plays for others and after that play pick and roll and then get out in transition and get easy baskets. And play defense again.
“See, we’re on the same page.”

Brown even asked defensive stalwart Metta World Peace to remind Sessions of his first priority.

“I did. I took him in the bathroom and told him that,” World Peace said.

What is it with MWP and bathrooms?

Puddles

Banned
Great game last night, although we took our foot off the gas a bit in the fourth quarter. Sessions did everything we needed him to do.

Sessions did in 20 minutes what Fisher did on his best nights in ~30 minutes while playing better defense and keeping the offense from going stagnant. Not to mention he has had no practice time to get acclimated with the plays on offense or defense.

RazorRamon003.jpg

as crazy as it sounds, I don't mind how things went down. I was hoping to land Crawford over Beasley actually, because we could use a 2guard, but as much as Hill is a scrub, we needed big man depth BAD. He can join the other scrubs McBob and Troy while SF is okay with MWP, Barnes and hopefully Ebanks getting some burn. Ultimately I don't know that Beasley would have given us much in these last 20 games.

Cloudy

Banned
LMAO @ people thinking Kobe would put up a stink over a Fisher trade that makes the team BETTER. It'd have been too political with Sessions backing up Fisher and they didn't want to embarrass him by benching him for a non-Allstar (Like would have happened if CP3 deal went through)

Kobe would have driven Fish to the airport himself if he had to for this trade to go through lol

as crazy as it sounds, I don't mind how things went down. I was hoping to land Crawford over Beasley actually, because we could use a 2guard, but as much as Hill is a scrub, we needed big man depth BAD. He can join the other scrubs McBob and Troy while SF is okay with MWP, Barnes and hopefully Ebanks getting some burn. Ultimately I don't know that Beasley would have given us much in these last 20 games.

I agree. We could easily solve the SF situation by starting Barnes (and playing Ron more vs. the Bron, Durant and Pierce). With Bynum's injury history and Pau being so damn soft, I like that we got a banger instead of just relying on McBob and Murphy (HA!) as the reserve bigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom