• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Too bad there were no good shooting guards available at the trade deadline. Oh wait.

aGATK.jpg
The Bulls FO are idiots at trades.

SamuraiX-

Dwight's still going with the "trust in God" shtick even after his legion of babymamas has gone public.

This motherfucker seriously has no shame. -12 fucks given.

balddemon

Banned
Fuck peyton manning. He was supposed to come here to kc not the fuckin broncos

Wtf, that is like the worst situation for him (minus the bank)

Barrage

Drummond would be a weird pick for the Raptors unless they're bailing on Ed Davis already, or Valanciunas is never coming over.

It's also a weird pick because Drummond is a Plugbust.

This draft, and our placing in it, is just coincidingly shitty. Raptors desperately need a PG, but there isn't any good ones in this year's class. They can't take a SG because, like Sacramento, they're forced to pretend a severely flawed guy is a cornerstone of the organization (Derozan/Evans).

Toronto completely gave up on this season since Day 1, and it still might be a waste of time.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
^^It's shituations like those that give me faith in Cho. Teams that need help at PG bad might still fork over a pick for DJ-rights at draft time since this year's point guard class is lead by some bum from UNC.
Dwight's still going with the "trust in God" shtick even after his legion of babymamas has gone public.

This motherfucker seriously has no shame. -12 fucks given.

He's the NBA's very own "Lory"

diehard

Fleer
No clue. I figured pilon was around and could explain. :lol

I believe it means since if its top 7 the Jazz don't get it, there are "discussions" between management and the coaches about how they will lose games. They need to catch the Pistons and Cleveland.

h3ro

I believe it means since if its top 7 the Jazz don't get it, there are "discussions" between management and the coaches about how they will lose games.

Can the details and parameters for transfer of the pick be changed post-trade? I've never seen that happen.

Barrage

^^It's shituations like those that give me faith in Cho. Teams that need help at PG bad might still fork over a pick for DJ-rights at draft time since this year's point guard class is lead by some bum from UNC.
"

Love the word "shituation", co-opted for future use.

I think the opportunity to get a good haul for DJ is there, Charlotte's FO is just too stupid to get it. It'll probably be one of those lateral draft day moves where the team doesn't really advance.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It's also a weird pick because Drummond is a Plugbust.

This draft, and our placing in it, is just coincidingly shitty. Raptors desperately need a PG, but there isn't any good ones in this year's class. They can't take a SG because, like Sacramento, they're forced to pretend a severely flawed guy is a cornerstone of the organization (Derozan/Evans).

Toronto completely gave up on this season since Day 1, and it still might be a waste of time.

Draft doesn't look that appealing at all.

I think they're more in line to take a shooting guard than you, and they probably need one at least as much as a young point guard, which would make Calderon more realistic trade bait. I'm pretty sure the regression of DeRozan from earlier in the year has convinced the team that he can't be the building block. The guy is one of the worst shooting 2 guards in the league, and his shooting % from 16-23ft this year has dropped dramatically from last year even.

I don't see why having him on the roster would stop them from drafting a shooting guard, because DeRozan is basically living at the free throw line, or going 3-15 in a game. Colangelo probably has two years to make the playoffs, or he's gone, but he's made a bunch of idiotic decisions, so who the fuck knows.

Weren't people clamoring that this draft was going to be stacked? Was this all a lie??

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Weren't people clamoring that this draft was going to be stacked? Was this all a lie??

There was a lot of hype, given the lockout made a lot of kids stay in school the extra year. And the top of the draft has a lot of bigs. But most of the bigs are potential over what their actual skillset is right now, so it looks like it could be a monstrous bust year. Talking heads on ESPN still go on about how great it'll be though. We'll see.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
This draft is still much, much better than last year's. If you go down the list of rookies, its pretty bad already... most drafts have guys that eventually fizzle out, but this one has a lot of guys already looking to finish degrees and make plans for life after basketball.
Love the word "shituation", co-opted for future use.

I think the opportunity to get a good haul for DJ is there, Charlotte's FO is just too stupid to get it. It'll probably be one of those lateral draft day moves where the team doesn't really advance.

I thought Stephen Jackson was untradeable, but Cho managed to move a dozen spots up in the draft while moving him for a guy that isn't even around to sabotage the young guys. I can't help but believe.

Barrage

Draft doesn't look that appealing at all.

I think they're more in line to take a shooting guard than you, and they probably need one at least as much as a young point guard, which would make Calderon more realistic trade bait. I'm pretty sure the regression of DeRozan from earlier in the year has convinced the team that he can't be the building block. The guy is one of the worst shooting 2 guards in the league, and his shooting % from 16-23ft this year has dropped dramatically from last year even.

I don't see why having him on the roster would stop them from drafting a shooting guard, because DeRozan is basically living at the free throw line, or going 3-15 in a game. Colangelo probably has two years to make the playoffs, or he's gone, but he's made a bunch of idiotic decisions, so who the fuck knows.

I just don't see taking a 2 working logistically. If you're drafting a guy Top 5, you want an impact player. So if you draft, let's say Lamb, and have him backup Derozan, that hurts the team because the Raptors already have paper-thin depth in their starting 5. You can'' put Derozan on the bench, because that kills his value. Only option would be (and should be) to trade him, but the Front Office doesnt have the balls to do it.

Best case scenatio for Toronto would be if they manage to get MKG.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I believe it means since if its top 7 the Jazz don't get it, there are "discussions" between management and the coaches about how they will lose games. They need to catch the Pistons and Cleveland.

Thats fine and good, but have you considered that Michael Jordan has 6 rings and thus, you should speak louder?

michael_jordan_trophy_rings.jpg

JetBlackPanda

Gold Member
quick question Bestgaf...

how much would it cost at the start of a season to get league pass on an iPad?

live streaming every game?

thanks!

charsace

Drummond would be a weird pick for the Raptors unless they're bailing on Ed Davis already, or Valanciunas is never coming over.

I see the reasoning behind it. You take size and build around it. Two top picked bigs is something to build around. Except I would take Leonard over Drummond.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Thread is being locked temporarily.

Segments of the NBA-GAF community have been persistently demonstrating hostility toward the rest of the forum, especially toward female members, and an inability to abide by the ToS in general. If you want to be free of the requirements of civility and respect toward other members, or if you do not want to be a part of NeoGAF as a whole, then I suggest you find somewhere else to go.

When the thread is re-opened the moderation team will be monitoring it heavily and taking action as appropriate. Do not create any temporary/substitute threads to hold discussion in the mean time. Apologies to those not party to this behavior who are being disrupted by the thread closure.

So...yeah. Really liking this Spurs team now that we have JJJJJAAAAXXXX and Boris Diaw, who played some pretty good D against Dirk last night. I think the West is still going to come down to match ups in the playoffs though

Top of the morning to you all, gents. How has your brief hiatus from GAF treated you?

I trust all of you to be in good health and in good spirits today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom