• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
7139850665_3bcda74d32.jpg

Day the Bobcats lose the lottery, too : May 30

Day the Bobcats draft Harrison Barnes : June 28

Day DJ Augustin signs in Portland : July 1

Rodeo Clown

So DraftExpress has the Wolves taking Quincy Miller in their latest mock.

What's the story on this dude?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

His name is quincy. Sounds like a guy with strong basketball IQ and fundamentals that needs to work on his conditioning and willingness to attack the basket and draw contact.

Note: analysis purely based on player name being "Quincy Miller"

Rodeo Clown

His name is quincy. Sounds like a guy with strong basketball IQ and fundamentals that needs to work on his conditioning and willingness to attack the basket and draw contact.

Note: analysis purely based on player name being "Quincy Miller"

But is he long and athletic? David Kahn needs to know.

Top prospect a couple years ago, tore his ACL, has fallen off a bit since. He's got a lot of nice fakes that he can use in the post and in isolation as well as good touch and decent passing. Issue is mostly on defense, too slow to guard SFs, too weak to guard PFs, doesn't seem to value defense much and loses focus a lot. He could be an interesting player off the bench to use a stretch 4 in small-ball lineups, a playmaking PF for bench units like Odom, or a postup SF against wings who can't score. If he regains his quickness or can put on a lot of muscle, he could be a pretty good starter.

Jeff-DSA

Top prospect a couple years ago, tore his ACL, has fallen off a bit since. He's got a lot of nice fakes that he can use in the post and in isolation as well as good touch and decent passing. Issue is mostly on defense, too slow to guard SFs, too weak to guard PFs, doesn't seem to value defense much and loses focus a lot. He could be an interesting player off the bench to use a stretch 4 in small-ball lineups, a playmaking PF for bench units like Odom, or a postup SF against wings who can't score. If he regains his quickness or can put on a lot of muscle, he could be a pretty good starter.

So...upside.

if the Bobcats win the lottery and get the first pick, Bynum for the first pick...do you do it if you are LA? Do you do it if you are Charlotte?

Blackace can we just get a name change for this guy to be Jay Bilas? IWMTB is such a handful to type out.

Seriously though I think Quincy is a good player. I really think he could have taken advantage of an extra year in college but I guess I see why he came out. Kind of a worthless pick for the Pups though given the log jam at at SF..

Rodeo Clown

Jon Krawczynski ‏ @APkrawczynski

#TWolves owner Glen Taylor tells AP he has started looking for an eventual successor, someone who will keep team in MN

Glen Taylor says he's had a number of offers to buy #TWolves, but won't sell to group that wants to move it.

I promised myself I wouldn't cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom