• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the Clips game on my DVR. So damn close. So many missed FTs. A win is a win I guess, heh. I thought the last Gay shot was gonna go in.

masud

Banned
I didn't see this last game (looks like he put up good numbers though) but Paul was pretty instrumental in the game one comeback.

Except Chris Paul really isn't why they are winning the series. He has played well but even with that it would be 3-0 Grizz without game changers Reggie Evans and Nick Young.

Blake and DJ have no sense of hustle at all. I can't count the number of times Blake has missed a shot (maybe he was fouled maybe he wasn't, who cares) and he does his stare at the refs before gingerly jogging back on defense as the other team quickly transitions back to attack the basket he should be protecting. Both he and DJ look completely lost on D on pretty much any type of screen. Reggie has been absolutely fantastic on D and hustle plays. He and KMart seem like the only two guys who know how to rotate at the right time. I was hoping both of them would rub off on Blake and DJ but it hasn't happened yet.

I also can't stand Foye sometimes. I know his numbers can look good, and once in awhile he'll make a timely shot but it just feels like the rest of his game is filled with mistakes and complete lapses in judgment. Young has been clearly the best spot up shooter for the team by far. I'm just glad that comeback happened in game 1 because I think it finally freed him up mentally when taking those corner/wing shots.

Beyond work on D, we definitely need someone else who can drive properly (come back EG!). I can see them winning the first round and *possibly* giving SA some trouble, I just can't imagine a well coached team like that not figuring out how to D the Clips basic offensive schemes and slow rotations on D. I'm always hopeful that they'll pull it out, but I can't say our prognosis is optimistic. But I am happy we made it back to the playoffs, dont get this shot every year.

jjasper

I didn't see this last game (looks like he put up good numbers though) but Paul was pretty instrumental in the game one comeback.

I still think it was secondary to Evans defense/rebounding.

Blake and DJ have no sense of hustle at all. I can't count the number of times Blake has missed a shot (maybe he was fouled maybe he wasn't, who cares) and he does his stare at the refs before gingerly jogging back on defense as the other team quickly transitions back to attack the basket he should be protecting. Both he and DJ look completely lost on D on pretty much any type of screen. Reggie has been absolutely fantastic on D and hustle plays. He and KMart seem like the only two guys who know how to rotate at the right time. I was hoping both of them would rub off on Blake and DJ but it hasn't happened yet.

I agree about this. Seems like half the time neither one of them even try to get rebounds. But Reggie and Kmart will fight to the death for one. Seems like Clipper fans are noticing too as Reggie is starting to get more cheers than Blake is.

Allen played just 17 minutes and didn't stick around to answer questions. He didn't play in the fourth quarter until 25 seconds were left, by which time the Clippers had gone from down 7 to up 4. In Game 1, he played just 2:25 in the fourth quarter as the world caved in. You'd think a relentless defender like Allen might be useful when a team is protecting a lead.

Top 5 defender in the league not playing when you are protecting a lead. Brilliant!

linsivvi

Except Chris Paul really isn't why they are winning the series. He has played well but even with that it would be 3-0 Grizz without game changers Reggie Evans and Nick Young.

Well, without Chris Paul they might not even make the playoffs. So while those two might be the ones who edged them into having the series lead, CP3 is the main reason why the Clippers are there in the first place.

My god Blake Griffin is a terrible player. Cant shoot. Cant pass. Barely rebounds. Horrible ball handling. But he can dunk!!!

Edit: and Lakers arent getting passed the Thunder. No way no how. This first round is our 2012 championship*.

jjasper

Well, without Chris Paul they might not even make the playoffs. So while those two might be the ones who edged them into having the series lead, CP3 is the main reason why the Clippers are there in the first place.
Well duh. No one was arguing that.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
My god Blake Griffin is a terrible player. Cant shoot. Cant pass. Barely rebounds. Horrible ball handling. But he can dunk!!!

Edit: and Lakers arent getting passed the Thunder. No way no how. This first round is our 2012 championship*.

Yeah he's real terrible.

Shooting 70% in the 4th quarter this series. He's had a very good series so far, and a solid regular season (outside of his horrific free throw shooting) as well.

But the dude is totally terrible. Dunks don't count as 2 points.

jjasper

He had a good game offensively yesterday outside of FT but he is essentially nonexsistant on defense or on the glass.

Edit: and his passing was terribad yesterday.

Yeah he's real terrible.

Shooting 70% in the 4th quarter this series. He's had a very good series so far, and a solid regular season (outside of his horrific free throw shooting) as well.

But the dude is totally terrible. Dunks don't count as 2 points.

Have you seen his passing? Have you seen his lack of rebounding. That 70% on how many attempts?

h3ro

Holy crap. I just found out there was a sequel to Fern Gully made.

Dy... I'm so confused.

Also, clips FT shooting is knisk-good.

h3ro

How did you miss it? I thought Avatar had a pretty big marketing campaign.

lol Knew that was coming. I learned about it in the Cameron Avatar thread. I actually liked Avatar. Didn't do anything new with story, but the tech was so impressive.

Good lord at all these VHS Disney sequels. So many Aladdin movies to catch up on.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Can't decide which is sadder; the Bulls lineup or the all those empty seats for a playoff game.

I love how LeBron denied this championship is *. Heat will have the easiest path to the finals in the almost 60 years of the NBA. Add in the shortened season and you get an *.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom