• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Game has texture issues to say the least.

9354954997_6433b989d3_o.png

9357729244_95787e9ba2_o.png

Kukuk

Banned
You know, this game looks pretty nice. It's really a shame I can't get any consistency in the performance. One moment the framerate will be up over 80, the next it'll be dropping down to ~15.

f3-1m4ulc.png

f3-2sfug0.png

Darkdeus

So even though I've put 100's of hours in the 360 version of Dark Souls Neoenigma's awesome shots made me get the pc version just so I could take some. I have to give him credit for the great sweetfx settings and aspect ratio as well. I struggled to get the same IQ though and could never figure out the freecam. The game is definitely hard to get good shots in. I plan to go through the whole game if I can deal with only getting 6 fps.

Dark Souls 4k and above internal rendering. Sweetfx in some shots.

9364178544_4ddee66ae3_o.jpg

9364221636_bc11e15eba_o.jpg

antitrop

You know, this game looks pretty nice. It's really a shame I can't get any consistency in the performance. One moment the framerate will be up over 80, the next it'll be dropping down to ~15.

http://abload.de/img/f3-1m4ulc.png[mg]
[img]http://abload.de/img/f3-2sfug0.png[mg][/QUOTE]
Also there's no way to disable the motion blur, ruining 99% of the screenshots I tried to take of it.

That on top of the shitty performance, on top of the game sucking, on top of the shitty looking character models, on top of GFWL, I just said fuck it and uninstalled Fable 3 after getting like 3 screenshots.

[quote="neoenigma, post: 72530516"]This forest is just great

Definitely my favorite map, visually[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, mine too. I just found it very difficult to get screenshots there, because the blades of grass will clip through the dead bodies like daggers.

midhras

As I've said elsewhere, I'm really liking your Chivalry shots, neo.

And damn, alo81, those Dark Souls shots are fantastic. I've picked up the Armor of Thorns, but never wore it. That needs a remedy.

Edit: Don't wanna waste top post, so I'll post something from the cutting room floor.
Maybe you explained this but why does your character have no legs?

The game is definitely hard to get good shots in.

Yarr. I gave up. Really annoying to know the shot you WANT to take but are just unable to do so. Still, you have some nice combat shots given that frame rate :) Also, those sweetfx settings I was using had to be tweaked for almost every new area. They aren't suitable for everything =)

Absolutely, mine too. I just found it very difficult to get screenshots there, because the blades of grass will clip through the dead bodies like daggers.
I tend to take all my screenshots before too many folks die. The joy of PlayersOnly. Now if only I could mind-control the bots and make them go where I want....
As I've said elsewhere, I'm really liking your Chivalry shots, neo.

Thaaaaaanks. Here's a few more. I really like the Spear Dance:

9355020455_4650742513_o.png

9354949145_4d31bb5590_o.png

I'd like to take shots of my own character but ToggleDebugCamera puts some annoying text on the screen that I can't seem to figure out how to disable. And I don't know of another way to fly around and see my own character.

One3rd

Dark Souls 4k and above internal rendering. Sweetfx in some shots.
Do you do the internal rendering from 4k straight to 1920x[whatever] or step it and then downsample externally? Just wondering if there is any difference in IQ if downsampling internally with DSFix or using an external graphics program.
9356987523_817a698145_o.jpg

9356985765_23df7c1cf3_o.jpg

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
That CA..why?!
ibsDnf2OBXDdKN.jpg

icdatfRFQpoin.jpg

All the minus links on this page are dead for me.

Maybe you explained this but why does your character have no legs?

I probably didn't explain in this thread but I did SOMEWHERE.

It's a vanity save that I just pretty much only use for screenshots. I added all of the games weapons and armor to my inventory including those not normally accessible.

So I was wearing full dragon skin, but if you change the torso while wearing dragon legs, your legs go completely transparent. I thought this looked god damn awesome. So I threw on the helmet of thorns and dark armor with the Black Knights halberd so that my character looks like a ghastly floating terror.

Thorgal

All the minus links on this page are dead for me.

I probably didn't explain in this thread but I did SOMEWHERE.

It's a vanity save that I just pretty much only use for screenshots. I added all of the games weapons and armor to my inventory including those not normally accessible.

So I was wearing full dragon skin, but if you change the torso while wearing dragon legs, your legs go completely transparent. I thought this looked god damn awesome. So I threw on the helmet of thorns and dark armor with the Black Knights halberd so that my character looks like a ghastly floating terror.

how did you do that ?

downloaded save file ?

Cheat engine?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
how did you do that ?

downloaded save file ?

Cheat engine?

You can use this tool to give yourself any item in the game. You can also alter stats and such. Pretty much anything about your character.

Yes, but, that one only works with the pirated version of Dark Souls.

Alternatively you can use cheat engine to hack in items to your inventory.

I uploaded this excel table that has all of the item ID's that you might want to add.

Thorgal

I uploaded this excel table that has all of the item ID's that you might want to add.

Someone really should make a decent guide for Cheat engine in the compendium because i don't understand it very much at all right now.

Ahhh. The cheat engine "free camera" is only compatible with the pirated version as well. Might explain why darkdeus couldn't get it to work.

9357733617_9bf99bbe9a_o.png

9357706663_26dc115a09_o.png

Not sure what's up with those tree textures. Maybe some of them just aren't loading for me.

Someone really should make a decent guide for Cheat engine in the compendium because i don't understand it very much at all right now.

I hear ya. When I have a little free time at home, I weigh the option of writing a CE guide and playing a game. I usually choose playing a game XD

Neo has started to, and knows far more than I do, but if you're just wanting to use tables its fairly straightforward. Choose your .exe and then load the table and select your cheats. The hard stuff is making the pointers and everything, but there's a lot of external resources for that.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Download this table.

Open it with Cheat Engine. Once you've started up Dark Souls, hit the computer icon in the top left (it should have a glowy ring around it.) Attach it to "Data.exe"

Once that is all done, you can use the table.

Tick the box next to the item to enable it, or to freeze the value. Some of them have hotkeys assigned to them so you can just adjust them on the fly. For example, that table I uploaded if you press + or - on the numpad it'll move the camera closer or further. If you tick the box next to your current health, then when you take damage your health will instantly zoom back to max. Stuff like that.

If you've got any specific questions drop em on me and I'll try and help.

Thorgal

Download this table.

Open it with Cheat Engine. Once you've started up Dark Souls, hit the computer icon in the top left (it should have a glowy ring around it.) Attach it to "Data.exe"

Once that is all done, you can use the table.

Tick the box next to the item to enable it, or to freeze the value. Some of them have hotkeys assigned to them so you can just adjust them on the fly. For example, that table I uploaded if you press + or - on the numpad it'll move the camera closer or further. If you tick the box next to your current health, then when you take damage your health will instantly zoom back to max. Stuff like that.

If you've got any specific questions drop em on me and I'll try and help.

Alright. so i had it working as the + - camera worked fine
but as soon as i try to activate something else (lock enemy's in place or the free roam camera) the game either locks up completely and i have to restart my PC or i get a message saying that my Executable has stopped working .

any solutions ?

Also since i don't want to turn this into a thread derailment
here's a screenshot

bioshockinfinite2013-y8uj2.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Alright. so i had it working as the + - camera worked fine
but as soon as i try to activate something else (lock enemy's in place or the free roam camera) the game either locks up completely and i have to restart my PC or i get a message saying that my Executable has stopped working .

any solutions ?

Also since i don't want to turn this into a thread derailment
here's a screenshot

bioshockinfinite2013-y8uj2.png

My guess is that the Cheat Engine table must not be compatible with the Steam version of it.

I have a backup copy of the game before they did any patches and it has online disabled/GFWL disabled.

You might need to use a crack then see if it works with the Steam version but no guarantees.

The above sounds like you're trying to use a table made for a different version of the game. When a game is patched, the addresses the game uses shift. Therefore pointers and scripts need to be updated to point to the new addresses, unless they're based on the actual array of bytes (more rare, but future-proof way of doing tables).

Methinks the best place to discuss cheat engine would be the compendium xD

Uhh... screenshot!

9037351701_f278034220_o.jpg

(^^ captured with timestop via Cheat Engine xD)

Thorgal

My guess is that the Cheat Engine table must not be compatible with the Steam version of it.

I have a backup copy of the game before they did any patches and it has online disabled/GFWL disabled.

You might need to use a crack then see if it works with the Steam version but no guarantees.

The above sounds like you're trying to use a table made for a different version of the game. When a game is patched, the addresses the game uses shift. Therefore pointers and scripts need to be updated to point to the new addresses, unless they're based on the actual array of bytes (more rare, but future-proof way of doing tables).

Methinks the best place to discuss cheat engine would be the compendium xD

Uhh... screenshot!

9037351701_f278034220_o.jpg

(^^ captured with timestop via Cheat Engine xD)

I think Neo is right .

just tried it with bioshock cheat table that he posted and for the most part that works fine.

As for dark souls ill just have to get creative :p

Alright .thats enough CE talk on this thread .

crysis22013-06-2600-02euwe.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I think Neo is right .

just tried it with bioshock cheat table that he posted and for the most part that works fine.

As for dark souls ill just have to get creative :p

Alright .thats enough CE talk on this thread .

crysis22013-06-2600-02euwe.png

My bad, I should have clarified when I meant Steam version I meant the version currently being used on Steam, as in the current updated version. I thought it was apparent from the rest of my message, so oops my bad!

Darkdeus

Ahhh. The cheat engine "free camera" is only compatible with the pirated version as well. Might explain why darkdeus couldn't get it to work.

I hear ya. When I have a little free time at home, I weigh the option of writing a CE guide and playing a game. I usually choose playing a game XD

Yep any scripts in the tables for dark souls seems to crash the updated steam version : (

I've noticed the sweetfx is better some areas than others as well. Thanks for sharing it anyways though.

Top Bottom