• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
They were FRAPS PNGs but I dropped them to 100% Jpegs in photoshop. Idk why they look compressed. It must be the SMAA.

Do you output at 10 quality or 12? It's a small difference in quality, a big different in size, but I feel it's worth it.

Also, just a heads up, you may have noticed that opening uncompressed PNG's in photoshop makes them look brighter and a bit duller because it converts them to 8-bit color mode from 32-bit bit.

The solution for that is that if you make an automated script for what you want to do for the image, and then have photoshop automate that process, it does all the work to it without ever converting it to 8-bit, so the colors stay as they were.

If you know another way to save with the full color in CS6 that can actually be shared here let me know.

KyleN

Banned
Spiderman looks suprisingly good. Will pick it up next time its cheap on Steam. Whats it actually like to play KyleN?

Im also surprised over how good it looks,especially the details on spiderman. The gameplay is pretty fun too!

Some more
i2EhHaMqoq4pZ.png

iI1u1IzJ8iyDX.png

The amazing part is the Spiderman model only consists of 11k polygons, about the same amount as Alice in Madness returns. The texture work on Spiderman's costume is just amazing.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
jpg all the way (for smaller file size) as I can't see the difference between high quality jpg and png

You ain't slippin' man, you're slipped.

But real talk, I discourage jpegs because people don't understand quality levels on jpegs and we just get buckets of compressed shit.

Also Stallion, you should add Zoner Photo Studio as an alternative to those who can't afford Photoshop.

Thanks and done.

Do you output at 10 quality or 12? It's a small difference in quality, a big different in size, but I feel it's worth it.

Also, just a heads up, you may have noticed that opening uncompressed PNG's in photoshop makes them look brighter and a bit duller because it converts them to 8-bit color mode from 32-bit bit.

The solution for that is that if you make an automated script for what you want to do for the image, and then have photoshop automate that process, it does all the work to it without ever converting it to 8-bit, so the colors stay as they were.

If you know another way to save with the full color in CS6 that can actually be shared here let me know.
Thanks for the Full Color tip. And I use 12 btw.

Haunted

Skyrim ENB has come so far that those overly clean and fake faces really stand out like a sore thumb.

Great Hawken shots, Alo.

cilonen

Good to see some Stalker CoP (2009 Complete Mod) in here. Here's another couple....

Edit: wait. Photobucket appears to have downsized them. :-(

Picpar to the rescue....

Sunset over Rostok

f0799d53ad4a55dacae8d2c7e5b9d16924381a91.png

The Bar

396ca1f6dce6fa732fd1ba1a295d829a4b96d977.png

Top Bottom