• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

xNAPx

Banned
izvm0TsNJDd5.png

imU0rv3EJimCi.png

legacyzero

Banned
Really wish Capcom had some high-res bitmaps of that game laying around. They're beautiful renders but... you know

I've been saying it, man. I really want to see games go back to pre-rendered backgrounds. So classic, and it looks perfect. Just give me a super hi-res background image, and downsample it is you have to (do make it fit the display, obviously.

Imagine next gen games with pre-rendered backgrounds! That would save so much more memory for all the OTHER things in the game, like post processing, better character models, etc.

I know, I know. It sounds stupid.

Watevaman

What weather settings on pCARS gets you a wet track with no rain?

Light rain gets you a fairly clear sky with minor rain and wet tracks. Keep in mind that not all tracks have reflections yet. At least, that's how it was a month or so ago.

Spazznid

lol.

Someone other than me with CM12!!!

Also I'm too late to say "Queue the repeated outcries of people who dislike things and want you to know it.

I myself don't like the SweetFX except in those darker shots. It looks like it adds an awful lot of noise...

Reese-015

First time posting in these threads! Enjoying exploring Guild Wars 2 so much that I could not resist taking a screenshot and posting here.
Ukk.jpg

Tzeentch

i think the most jarring thing is the giant office buildings in the background, they're so out of place artistically.
The creator has no sense of scale, thinks optimization is a dirty word, barely understands how the Source engine works, and has terrible taste. And those are the least negative things about 'Cinematic Mod'.

Sheeeeeeeeit I had no idea F-Zero GX was working with the dual core setting now. Glorious 60 fps ultra speed racing *single tear*

dolphin2013-01-0219-470k4q.png

dolphin2013-01-0219-5drk14.png

The creator has no sense of scale, thinks optimization is a dirty word, barely understands how the Source engine works, and has terrible taste. And those are the least negative things about 'Cinematic Mod'.

"whatdya mean the source engine can't handle a 4028x4028 texture on every NPC? fuck you! i'm going to do it anyway!"

Nakayumi

Love this thread, it eventually pushed me to get into PC gaming more and buy a new video-card last week. My screens may not be as impressive as some of the others, but I'd still like to share a few. :)

blk.png

clk.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I've been posting a lot of this game, so let me know if you guys want me to cut back.

I really love how expressive the faces are in this game. Real great.

iSpCQUR1BRPnI.jpg

imygYTm8GwIpk.jpg

Top Bottom