• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Darkdeus

Skyrim with mods. I know there's been a ton of skyrim shots lately so I at least tried to make them interesting and exciting!

9253213869_9e315116d1_o.jpg

9253215521_019c7a80a4_o.jpg

heh yea, thanks tho! It's K-ENB- http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30158/?

It's pretty demanding performance wise. These were taken at 1440p because I couldn't get more than 1 fps at 4K : ( I really need to upgrade though.

Hah. I used to run KENB @ 4K. I know what you mean. I used the plugin that allowed you to turn off DoF and SSAO with hotkeys. Without those it ran really smooth for me. I just enabled those for screenshots.

How do you enable free cam?
There is no free cam. I'm editing camera parameters manually with Cheat Engine. It's not perfect but it works. Hopefully I can adapt it to other games, but it all depends on how they're coded. Tomb Raider would be nice.

Anywyas, here's a few more:

9259982608_30c7d58eae_o.png

No Isaac version

9257206399_392849ccb8_o.png

I actually liked these gameplay segments where you need to use stasis to get through. Mixes it up nicely.

diaspora

Hah. I used to run KENB @ 4K. I know what you mean. I used the plugin that allowed you to turn off DoF and SSAO with hotkeys. Without those it ran really smooth for me. I just enabled those for screenshots.

I'm running it now, and honestly, it's nothing compared to what Opethfeldt did to my system.

One3rd

Skyrim with mods. I know there's been a ton of skyrim shots lately so I at least tried to make them interesting and exciting!

9253215521_019c7a80a4_o.jpg

Really like this one. Love how the background was reflected in the mirrored shield, is this from a mod? I don't remember seeing armor reflect when I played it..although it has been awhile.

One3rd

How do you enable free cam?

Were you asking about freecam for Bioshock Infinite? If so, I used the excellent instructions that Neoenigma posted about in the Screenshotters Compendium here.
Edit: Forgot to post the images.
9162312855_6c333de03f_o_d.jpg

9125733605_3278ce5cba_o_d.jpg

An interesting side effect of using the time freeze tool.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
ibjglrJhUuGhWU.png

itMxJ72yKkNpy.png

Low technical level vs High artistic merit

Overall, I really like how the game looks.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
itqRnZlyr2Y8t.png

Uh, Chris, are you tripping balls, too?

ibdoqnzHmTjqTj.png

You can see where the AA is incompatible with the bloom overlap. Happens all the time in all my games. Any way to fix it? At this point I had dropped it down to 2xSSAA but you can still see from the other edges in the scene how nice it should be.

P.S. I fucking love this game.

Blizzard

Banned
I finally got a new computer (3570k 4.2 GHz, 2GB GTX 770) so here are a couple of screenshots. Mirror's Edge, 16xQ (which still has jaggies in some places, and I don't think was even an option on my 5850):

mirrorsedge2013-07-10jijhq.jpg

I don't remember the 5850 having this steam effect either. Maybe it's PhysX.
mirrorsedge2013-07-116ljjj.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Project CARS, FS 2xAA. I can get 60 fps at long last on some maps, but with rain or on other maps like Belgian Forest I'm still in the 25-40 fps range. If anyone has advice for better performance please let me know.

pcars2013-07-1103-18-09jmn.jpg

pcars2013-07-1102-59-fgkgi.jpg

Durante

To be honest I don't really like the grass mods I'm seeing for Skyrim. It makes the game look too clean.
There are other grass mods, but the one used most often generates an (overgrown) lawn instead of any kind of natural grassland. I also find it pretty distracting.

One3rd

I finally got a new computer (3570k 4.2 GHz, 2GB GTX 770) so here are a couple of screenshots. Mirror's Edge, 16xQ (which still has jaggies in some places, and I don't think was even an option on my 5850):

From memory it is physx based. One of my fondest and "holy shit" moments of gaming this decade was after upgrading my system to the best I could at the time and starting up an old save game in Mirror's Edge. It started with me (Faith) in this orange room under construction with scaffolding and dirt on the floor. Looking down at my rendered feet (why don't more FPS games show your avatars body?) I could see the dirt and pebbles getting kicked out of the way while walking. That was the first time I experienced that level of interaction and immersion. Loved the game. I have high hopes ME2!

MonkeyDot

Banned
Were you asking about freecam for Bioshock Infinite? If so, I used the excellent instructions that Neoenigma posted about in the Screenshotters Compendium here.
Edit: Forgot to post the images.

An interesting side effect of using the time freeze tool.

There is no free cam. I'm editing camera parameters manually with Cheat Engine. It's not perfect but it works. Hopefully I can adapt it to other games, but it all depends on how they're coded. Tomb Raider would be nice.

Anywyas, here's a few more:

I actually liked these gameplay segments where you need to use stasis to get through. Mixes it up nicely.

Thanks!

I was confused. I thought you were asking about Dead Space. There is a much better free camera in Bioshock.

I need to update that compendium post. I have a much better Cheat Engine table that has everything, including PlayersOnly and a Flymode that doesn't suck

And uhh... here's some more Dead Space 3.

9260351431_553a9468a4_o.png

9260352185_0f7021f0d7_o.png

Thorgal

nice . heres one from me.

highres_screenshot_005rsdp.png

Love it Phil :)

image00013n7uwt.png

image00008l4uad.png

What are you using, exactly? I've got Icehancer 2.0 and my sky is all fu(ked up. The bloom makes it completely white unless I'm looking right at it (and then it's still too bright) and I also get the red sky problem sometimes. Sucks. Spent so much time installing the shit and have the hardware to run it at 2560x1600 but it just looks messed up.

Sethos

Banned
What are you using, exactly? I've got Icehancer 2.0 and my sky is all fu(ked up. The bloom makes it completely white unless I'm looking right at it (and then it's still too bright) and I also get the red sky problem sometimes. Sucks. Spent so much time installing the shit and have the hardware to run it at 2560x1600 but it just looks messed up.

First off, I hope you are using 1.0.4.0 + Xliveless

Secondly, the current ENB I use consists of all the main files from 2.1 and then the ( Very High ) settings / DoF files from 1.35.

I think ENB in GTA IV is very situational. It seems to only look good at certain times of day\weather scenarios. I've probably installed that game 4 times with the intention of playing with ENB... but every time it's looked awful. I gave up on it.

But that just means I can sit back and enjoy the fine work other people are doing with it :)

Loving your Dead Space screens Neo! I'll have to check out the cheat engine stuff someday.

Cheat engine by itself can't do anything. You need to find the memory addresses (preferably static pointers) that the game uses to store its stuff, then use either scripts or hotkeys to manipulate them. For Dead Space, I have the 3rd person camera parameters all set up in a table and am using hotkeys to basically force it to move around rather than just looking at my character. Basically a free camera. I would have no idea how to do that in Tomb Raider though, as it's probably coded much differently. I do want to poke around in taht game a bit once I get better at CE. I've been using it for almost a year now and I'm still a n00b :( Comes in handy though when you just wanna take screenshots, as it's pretty easy to find your health and give yourself god mode.

Also, how do you get such a narrow FOV in BF3?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

http://abload.de/img/mirrorsedge2013-07-10jijhq.jpg[img]

[img]http://abload.de/img/mirrorsedge2013-07-116ljjj.jpg

Weird, I played the game on my 570 and don't remember that steam effect at all.

Top Bottom