• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 PC Bullshot thread of "1 FPS? That's 1 screenshot per second"

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
SOLD OFF YOUR PC?!?!?!?!?!?!

Whuu???

Don't look at me!

DON'T LOOK AT MEEEEEEEE!

24dkbhdc0yy7.gif

The 8 GB GDDR5 Siren's allure was too much...

... SIKE! I got rid of my pc because it looks like I'm moving across the world and can't bring my baby with me. She served me so well :'(

Of my pc, I can only say this: of all the components I have encountered in my travels, hers was the most... human.

God damn that Crysis pic is awesome, can't believe it's unmodded. How did you reach such high resolutions? Was it with downsampling in conjunction with force SSAA via Inspector?

Oh GAWD. how much vram?

It was just the screenshot, not real time. There are commands similar to that of a tiledshot in UE3 that CryEngine 2 has. You can put in any x and y resolution you want. Those ridiculous dimensions are about as high as I can go before crashing the game when taking a screenshot.

I'll put together a post for the screenshotters compendium thread later today.

8680546047_cb597a5783_o.png

apparentlySRWE allows you to go to even higher resolutions

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/7347

according to midhras: which allows you to resize any window to any size you want, hide borders, do fake fullscreen, etc.

Yeah. I planned on doing a write-up on the compendium for it. Midhras introduced me to it.

You can only use it in certain games that allow you to specify a ridiculously high windowed resolution via a config file.

Loel.
Tiledshot.
I don't understand why people couldn't come to that conclusion immediately. Crysis 1/2 both have a TiledShot function. In Crysis2, you need to use the SDK though.

I haven't tried the 3rd Dirt. I know the 2nd had a replay function, but it put some stupid watermark on screenshots =(

Also, another from the Juarez. No Red Dead Redemption means this is how I get my Wild West fix. It's.... not exactly a AAA blockbuster award winner though. Chrome 3 engine. Eeek.

8680548737_74b709eddf_o.png

Sethos

Banned
it's in-game. They added some stupid massive black bars in replay mode AND the watermark. You can mod out the watermark but the black bars ... no.

antitrop

I played Bound in Blood on 360 when it came out. So before RDR was able to properly convey what a good western game should be, but I thought it was very solid.

A step up from the original, I did not like that game at all. I'm actually mildly excited for the new 4th game in the series that's coming out. It's a budget title, but still looks pretty good.

I've neither done any C1 screens, nor used tiledshot ever, much less knew it was available in C1. SRWE I knew about though, hence my theory and curiosity for vram.

Dirt 3 is so fun

Gotcha. Figured that was implied. But that's what the compendium is for! Perhaps a Crysis 1/2 write-up is necessary. Though I've never toured Crysis 2 via the SDK so I think I'd be useless at that.

Gotcha. Figured that was implied. But that's what the compendium is for! Perhaps a Crysis 1/2 write-up is necessary. Though I've never toured Crysis 2 via the SDK so I think I'd be useless at that.

Lol, i was just thinking as I posted that image that it'd be funny to have on the compendium :p

Therealminime said he was gonna write something up, but a tiledshot writeup would be good too. I might have to reinstall crysis...

Looks pretty good Seth!

I think iCEnhancer has a cold look to it. Is that just the style of that ENB?

Also, is there a nice guide out there to get someone up to speed on how to get GTA IV modded optimally? I've seen a few ENBs but are there texture improvements? Improved models? New cars? Etc etc? I've never played that game more than 30 minutes because my computer used to run it like crap WITHOUT ENB. Times have changed =)

PhilGPT

Also, is there a nice guide out there to get someone up to speed on how to get GTA IV modded optimally? I've seen a few ENBs but are there texture improvements? Improved models? New cars? Etc etc? I've never played that game more than 30 minutes because my computer used to run it like crap WITHOUT ENB. Times have changed =)

Sethos has a guide HERE.

There are a ton of ENB's out there right now, can be hard to pick a nice one to use (imo, a lot of them are crap)

I use Schakusa 3.0 ENB. Schakusa offers a "main file" which includes DoF and AO, and a "medium-spec" file that gets rid of DoF and AO for more FPS.
This ENB uses SweetFX for SMAA and to tweak the colors a tiny bit, but he also includes a non-SweetFX version (i know some people don't like SweetFX... so I think its a nice option to include)
There are road and tree texture mods included in this ENB too.

As for textures, there's mods for just about everything... buildings, roads, trees, billboards, signs, character models, npc's, weapons, etc... You can go HERE to check some of them out.

Sethos

Banned
Looks pretty good Seth!

I think iCEnhancer has a cold look to it. Is that just the style of that ENB?

Probably the ToD ( Morning shot ). The default iCE 2.1 looks like a freaking cartoon, it's disgusting. Used his Config Tool to set Saturation down to 1.03 ( From 1.33 ) and Contrast Boost to 0.10 ( Down from .025 ).

And I'd say here is a pretty good place to start if you want to mess with ENBs.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485905

Stay away from texture packs, they are mostly awful and just makes everything dark as hell without actually doing anything to the textures. Use these roads if you want a nice bump in quality; http://www.libertycity.ru/files/gta-4/44799-hd-roads-gtxd.html

Can also hook you up with a free cam solution. It's called Cam control but is ultra sensitive regarding scripthooks and versions. I got one with all the files that are working for me, took me ages to find.

Can also hook you up with a free cam solution. It's called Cam control but is ultra sensitive regarding scripthooks and versions. I got one with all the files that are working for me, took me ages to find.

Nice :) Thanks for the info. Might have to make this my weekend project.

Is the cam control mod this one?

All games need War Thunder's replay functionality. It's beautiful. Free cam, as well as a ton of others, built in. Can speed up, slow down, completely pause replays. One of my favorite games to take screenshots in.

I have not been impressed by any gta iv screenshot since i saw This.

The page you have requested is not valid.

Sethos

Banned
Nice :) Thanks for the info. Might have to make this my weekend project.

Is the cam control mod this one?

All games need War Thunder's replay functionality. It's beautiful. Free cam, as well as a ton of others, built in. Can speed up, slow down, completely pause replays. One of my favorite games to take screenshots in.

Yup. Tried doing all those guides multiple times but the game just crashes on load. I needed to find a bunch of custom versions from different packs to get it working.

So if it works with the above-mentioned files, great! If it doesn't, I can send you a RAR with the files I have.

MrBig

about planetside 2
dou you know about a guide about how to get those settings tweaked ex resolution.AA etc.. .

i have the game running apparently at the lowest settings.

Basically just check all the boxes in the graphics menu aside from vsync, set everything to high, and then in the ini set texturequality=0 and renderquality=1.73 or 1.41 and you'll have fantastic IQ

Spazznid

about planetside 2
dou you know about a guide about how to get those settings tweaked ex resolution.AA etc.. .

i have the game running apparently at the lowest settings.

If you look in the OT Right Here, there's an Ini file you can place in your game folder. It replaces the default one. This Ini file will force everything on Ultra, even though the game only lets you go to high.

Also, in that same Ini file, you can change the Render Quality from 1 to 1.41 for 2x Super Sampling, and even higher for more. Most of the time, my shots aren't supersampled, because I enjoy playing the game competitively more than I enjoy screenshotting it (Just barely more).

Basically just check all the boxes in the graphics menu aside from vsync, set everything to high, and then in the ini set texturequality=0 and renderquality=1.73 or 1.41 and you'll have fantastic IQ

Texture quality isn't the only thing being locked at High by the in-game settings.

MrBig

Texture quality isn't the only thing being locked at High by the in-game settings.

Setting AO quality higher gives a very nice effect (AO costs ~10fps at the lowest setting already tho) but the other settings had minimal/no effect or reverted it back to the lowest setting in-game in my testing.

Spazznid

None of my settings seem to change back in-game... maybe make yours read only?

Heh, also, screw FPS, if it's not 5-9fps, you're not downsampling enough!

Sethos

Banned
Patrolin' the streets on a stormy night.

Man I wish that resize tool would work with this game, so I could actually see what I was screenshotting in real-time :p

gtaiv2013-04-2621-42-nop4f.png

Celcius

°Temp. member
Why are the man on the left and the teddy bear by the fire staring at the boy in front?
What is the boy staring at?
Why is no one smiling but the bear?

It's one of those screenshots that makes me wonder what everyone's thinking lol.

Desaan

Why are the man on the left and the teddy bear by the fire staring at the boy in front?
What is the boy staring at?
Why is no one smiling but the bear?

It's one of those screenshots that makes me wonder what everyone's thinking lol.

If you've played Metro you'll know why everyone has that utter look of despair visage.

Top Bottom