• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Screenshot Art Thread of Everlasting Filters

Spazznid

ibbr9YbvetVGj9.png

Credit to the thread goes to the few Gaffers who started using the filter as well as Burning North, who seemingly started it all with the Screenshot community.

Well, let's see how this thing picks up, guys.

I suppose we can stay with the same general rules as the Screenshot Thread.

Screenshots with an artsy flair!

Use Photoshop or whatever you've got to make a screenshot shine!
Topaz

Limits: 2 screenshots per post. If you have more than 2, make more posts or use thumbnails.
Spamming: No more than 3 consecutive posts of the same game. Link to an album of you collection.
Naming: Always include the name of the game with the screenshots. Not everyone is a game encyclopedia.
Compression: Don't compress your screens or use a host that compresses them (Steam, Imgur).
Emulators: Emulator screens are fine.
Spoilers: Please do not post major plot points from games released in the last 2 months.

I'll go first!

Remember Me and Hawken
10433197674_e3b7e3c157_o.png

10433015385_a0149e9024_o.png

usea

Hi. I'm sorry to nitpick, but it sure would be nice if the name of the game was somewhere to be found when you posted an image. It's pretty frustrating to see some random image of supposedly a game with zero context.

Also apparently there are "rules" to this thread, but it doesn't say what they are or link to a place that says what they are.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Wooo!

We should make sure we add game names to posts yeah?

10428030753_c3a42aceda_o.jpg

10433600485_0fc7afa345_o.jpg

Also, Spazz, what are your thoughts on requiring that we link to the original image as well? I feel like that could be interesting.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
10433601565_f08d167572_o.jpg

Also apparently there are "rules" to this thread, but it doesn't say what they are or link to a place that says what they are.

Here you go.

2013ssthread02rarp0.png

• Limits: 2 screenshots per post. If you have more than 2, make more posts or use thumbnails.
  • Spamming: No more than 3 consecutive posts of the same game. Link to an album of you collection.
  • Naming: Always include the name of the game with the screenshots. Not everyone is a game encyclopedia.
  • Compression: Don't compress your screens or use a host that compresses them (Steam, Imgur).
  • Emulators: Emulator screens are fine. However, you should list the emulator used.
  • Stretching: Do not post stretched screenshots. Do not take 2.35 screens unless you know what you are doing.
  • Spoilers: Please do not post major plot points from games released in the last 2 months.
  • Thinking: Think before you post. Is the screenshot really worth posting? Did you use too much SweetFX? Yes.

Spazznid

Wooo!

We should make sure we add game names to posts yeah?

Also, Spazz, what are your thoughts on requiring that we link to the original image as well? I feel like that could be interesting.
Sorry, was tired. All posts named!

Also, it'd be nice to see some originals, I guess, but this thread is for those who contribute to it, so it's up to everyone, I guess.

Aw, it's photoshop? I thought it was an actual real time shader.

Yeah, but with things like SweetFX, I assume similar visuals will be possible. Probably nothing as good as a photoshop filter, but close.

10433737685_995fa913da_o.png

Original

10433724116_3571222e75_o.png

Original

Going to bed, Have work tomorrow. Will work on OP after, as well as get mo shots.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
I've been wanting to do this for a while, I'm not as good as you guys (especially neoenigma :p) but here's 2 of my old RAGE shots:

10433850726_dd50f09e55_o.png

10433859575_00aac32337_o.png

Loxley

Fun fact: World of Warcraft's art style is already so painterly in appearence, that the usual filters really don't effect it all that much. In order to get WoW to look interesting with a filter...we have to go deeper....

j7fr.jpg

m3h6.jpg

Zoolader

So I'm looking up this Topaz simplify filter plugin thinking it was a free download for photoshop. It's an extra $20-$50 for this plugin or am I not looking for the right thing?

Yes, you do.

It is a cutscene, but it's an in-engine one.

Well that doesn't mean much. Just about every game uses additional effects, depth of field, cinematic lights and camera angles during cut scenes to make them pop a lot more than the normal gameplay graphics. Tomb Raider is no exception. Most screenshots from gameplay look a lot more bland. Especially in DmC:

Cut scene
Gameplay

Jzero

Whoa the filter looks awesome. Someone put it on Borderlands 2 haha

Someone upload all of these to wallbase.

LaserHawk

My goodness, so many of these screens look like gorgeous paintings. I wish more games looked like this during gameplay. It would be nice to have more options for post-processing filters in my favorite games.

Top Bottom