• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Spazznid

14798811965_4d799f1d0e_o_d.png

14798456382_caf55ba217_o_d.png

kanuuna

I gave it a test spin, but found it to be really really dark in most areas. Torches are definitely required.

14799095465_2fd2611757_o.jpg

I feel like tweaking the ambient lighting curve is the solution to the issue. Bringing that down from 1.00 even a little bit would make dark areas significantly more playable, but since it's broken (if changed from 1.00, all characters become solid black), you just have to play around that. Upping the brightness under the color correction setting helps, too - but then you run into overblown highlights. I think I'll try making a new palette to see if I can fix it.

Asking people to use torches in areas where the vanilla game never required you to isn't really reasonable. It might've been dark in those early previews, but clearly they decided to scratch the idea of making those torches vital for gameplay - and made changes accordingly. Maybe it's a good challenge for people who like that, but it's not really the ideal way to experience the game, especially first time through.

Some day I'll bother to get through teh Undead Crypt. It's just such a meh area.

It's real short, though.

Has anyone played this 2007 game? Alpha Prime. I haven't been able to run it at higher resolution or do any hotsampling window fixes on it, sucks as it looks kinda decent. I'm giving it a chance but forced to crop out a HUD and weapon from the side every time...

2014-08-01_00019c9wjfw.jpg

2014-08-01_00074bbrk5e.jpg

Has anyone played this 2007 game? Alpha Prime. I haven't been able to run it at higher resolution or do any hotsampling window fixes on it, sucks as it looks kinda decent. I'm giving it a chance but forced to crop out a HUD and weapon from the side every time...

Have you tried GeDoSaTo for higher resolutions? You can also try and find the hash in order for it to take hudless screenshots (and toggle the hud).

FYI - For PlayersOnly in BULLETSTORM

Bindings=(Name="F7",Command="set Engine.WorldInfo bPlayersOnly true")
Bindings=(Name="F8",Command="set Engine.WorldInfo bPlayersOnly false")

Top Bottom