• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

kanuuna

May 25, 2013
I gave it a test spin, but found it to be really really dark in most areas. Torches are definitely required.

I feel like tweaking the ambient lighting curve is the solution to the issue. Bringing that down from 1.00 even a little bit would make dark areas significantly more playable, but since it's broken (if changed from 1.00, all characters become solid black), you just have to play around that. Upping the brightness under the color correction setting helps, too - but then you run into overblown highlights. I think I'll try making a new palette to see if I can fix it.

Asking people to use torches in areas where the vanilla game never required you to isn't really reasonable. It might've been dark in those early previews, but clearly they decided to scratch the idea of making those torches vital for gameplay - and made changes accordingly. Maybe it's a good challenge for people who like that, but it's not really the ideal way to experience the game, especially first time through.

Some day I'll bother to get through teh Undead Crypt. It's just such a meh area.
It's real short, though.

Mar 17, 2014
Has anyone played this 2007 game? Alpha Prime. I haven't been able to run it at higher resolution or do any hotsampling window fixes on it, sucks as it looks kinda decent. I'm giving it a chance but forced to crop out a HUD and weapon from the side every time...

jim2point0

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Here
www.flickr.com
Has anyone played this 2007 game? Alpha Prime. I haven't been able to run it at higher resolution or do any hotsampling window fixes on it, sucks as it looks kinda decent. I'm giving it a chance but forced to crop out a HUD and weapon from the side every time...
Have you tried GeDoSaTo for higher resolutions? You can also try and find the hash in order for it to take hudless screenshots (and toggle the hud).

Auto-Reply

Sep 1, 2013
Bottom of the page here I come :

Never noticed that thing hanging. Damn Team Ninja...
The facial expression is just great lol

The sweat-textures doesn't look right/ok here.

@Alo81, thanks for the tipp with Flickr (I only use Firefox at the moment but I have figured it out)

jim2point0

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Here
www.flickr.com
FYI - For PlayersOnly in BULLETSTORM

Bindings=(Name="F7",Command="set Engine.WorldInfo bPlayersOnly true")
Bindings=(Name="F8",Command="set Engine.WorldInfo bPlayersOnly false")