• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Wanny

n2g9zwe.png

neo1u6lui.png

Spazznid

Stulaw

Looks like the darkness you get when you downsample and your display doesn't support RGB full range. If that's the case, change your driver settings to ycbcr to fix that.
Thanks for that, I changed my RGB range to Limited instead since I couldn't find ycbcr, then I played around with the brightness in Dark Souls and found that it might have been that, for some reason it didn't affect it in game, but did when I took screen shots.
Brightness at lowest

Brightness at 3.

UnrealEck

I like how obvious tesselation is in Metro. Everything that's meant to be round is round. Ladles, pots, plates, cups, a guy's shoulder, eye pieces of NV goggles on a guy's helmet.

BONKERS

CA in games doesn't need to emulate real world CA.

That's the IRONY though. They add it in the first place as trying to "Simulate" real world film/cameras. But no real world high quality camera does it that horribly. It's incredibly subtle in real world photography in most cases and only really shows up as subtle fringes and not just "Lawl green offset here, red offset there lawl" That's the whole point, "Simulating" a camera. But blatantly ignoring real world cameras and just slapping in something to make it seem like something when it never shows up like that.

Other choices are MSI Afterburner and Bandicam.
This one is my tool of choice. And it's free

Fantastic Stalker shots btw, so nice looking.

Like some of Epic's other demos, they're actually put together by a small team of their own artists so yeah, not everything is going to be perfect. The main focus of the demo is suppose to show off its particle system for stuff like the fire, waterfall and snow (i.e vortex fields and GPU sprites).

And yeah, Unreal Engine 4's AA is FXAA. No idea if you can change it but it doesn't bother me (looks better than aliasing of course).

Doesn't UE4 also have a custom temporal solution? Or is that not part of the demo?
(After looking at the pictures again, it seems the CA is what is making some of the textures look bad. ugh Specifically things like the close rocks to the left)

Also: Is there an engine variable or something to disable CA in UE4? *Yes, I am in fact a broken record*

JordanN

Banned
Also: Is there an engine variable or something to disable CA in UE4? *Yes, I am in fact a broken record*

Chromatic Aberration is a post processing effect so you add or delete it anytime you want. There are even options to play with it like add CA only to certain objects or increase/decrease the amount of fringing in a scene. The final result is always up the artist's vision.

BONKERS

Chromatic Aberration is a post processing effect so you add or delete it anytime you want. There are even options to play with it like add CA only to certain objects or increase/decrease the amount of fringing in a scene. The final result is always up the artist's vision.

I'm glad to hear this. I hope it won't be overused.

Though that doesn't seem to stop Daylight
ss_9fd843c79d4f13d145c3fbc6017119ab6515eded.1920x1080.jpg

ss_5c199bf690ecdaa3ecd98997468a97dd173b2b12.1920x1080.jpg

Discerning object detail is hard. But game is looking very nice though. (Can't wait to see what kind of screenshots people get with it.)

Hopefully it'll be worth the 10$ pre-order.

13823582205_c0588f7a65_o.jpg

It's kinda soft, probably a fmv though most (if not all) seem to be in realtime?!

13823570495_1f48a88458_o.jpg

Cropped because fuck the minimap... who needs a minimap anyways?

RK9039

Does Radeonpro work with nvidia cards?

iR0YBgcQnhhZv.jpg

I linked Sweetfx1.4 but it's still greyed out for me?

ed: Oh nvm, I see what I did wrong.

Top Bottom