• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

30IR

Banned
ibhQbvOdUq2iTN.jpg

Download

BONKERS

Resi 5 sure is looking good for a 2008 game. MT Framework is such a god tier engine. Barely dips from 60fps the entire time

re5dx102013-03-0311-1s6jwr.png

re5dx102014-03-2520-39xjba.png

MT IMO has kind of gotten worse looking since the move to deferred. RE5 alone in texturing blows RE6 and any later MT framerwork games out of the water.

I love RE5. I Don't care what anyone says.

Really like the look of DayZ at high settings. Some of the daytime lighting is superb and makes for great screenshots.

Hitman - good game. The new Metal Gear I've just played through on PS4 can take some pointers on how to smoothly lock your character into cover without making it robotic or restrictive. Likewise with being able to hide bodies again.

Nice visuals in Hitman, but given how tiny the levels are, they could have been better. Bit disappointed the series is likely going open world from here on, but we'll see.

13424986804_aa454918a5_o_d.jpg

13424968734_a83a1145b2_o_d.jpg

Noob question you guys maybe can answer: I've read that if you use FXAA via Nvidia Inspector that Fraps & co don't capture the effect. I know that is the case with sweet fx if you don't use the screenshot function in this application.

Am i reading up old stuff on the internet and fraps is able to do that? If not, how do you guys do it? I'm curious about that because i have problems getting sweetfx to work in some games and DX11 (Far Cry 3 for example)

turcy

finally got my new 1440p monitor recently [27" dell u2713hm], while i wait for the rest of my new rig to arrive, just browsing this thread in proper resolution has made the last 7 years well worth the wait.

thanks for the eye candy boys! [& girls!]

finally got my new 1440p monitor recently [27" dell u2713hm], while i wait for the rest of my new rig to arrive, just browsing this thread in proper resolution has made the last 7 years well worth the wait.

I bet all the 1920x screenshots look small to you now :p

turcy

I bet all the 1920x screenshots look small to you now :p

haha, EVERYTHING looks small to me now.

whereas for seven whole years [on a x768 notebook screen], looking at any screenshots was a side-scrolling chore :/

i'm mostly blown away by the richness of colour & accuracy that this thing has though - my notebook was a distinctly washed out blue-hued mess.

haven't received my new rig yet [should be any day now?] but loading up CS:S & TFC has been fun, they look great on this monitor even on 720p & 1080p!

haha, EVERYTHING looks small to me now.

Indeed. Now imagine how small everything would be on a 4K monitor. Yeah, I'm sticking with 2560x1440.

The thread changed a lot for me though when all the 1920x screenshots didn't take up my whole browser :p

Few more from Bioshock.

wpbOFjI.png

ZIttsYw.png

Suddenly had an urge to jump into vanilla Crysis and do a little bullshotting. Only thing I tweaked was draw distance and time of day in one or two shots. Going to post my four favourites and then start messing with some mods for fun.

i1caOW9UqYSQP.png

i6Fwc7LSTw1ij.png

I'm using this enb for prototype 2, sweetfx seems to take a bigger chunk of frames
Haven't played infamous 2 or SS, but comparing prototype 1 and 2 to infamous 1 i would say i had more fun with infamous, mainly due to the fact that it posed more of a challenge
prototype22014-03-262bfk2q.png

prototype22014-03-271ibj2i.png

Darn, here I was hoping even a 780ti at 1080p would be able to run most pre-2013 games with 8xSGSSAA ha..

Here's hoping to the eventual 880Ti! /herp

Because those screenshots look erhmagerdzing

Oh man! Thats the card I want next. I currently have a 680 4gb. That game floored my card too.

Top Bottom