• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

13775136664_25a52439ea_o_d.jpg

13775131224_edbb9e1810_o_d.jpg

One3rd

So. Damn. Good.

Ugh. I need to finish that DLC!

Thanks! I really enjoyed that last DLC. Some really interesting moments, although you could tell that they were trying to tie up all of the loose ends. After playing it with the stealth elements I can't help but wonder how this could have improved things in the core game.

It's pretty hard to get the DOF right. If I had to guess, I'd say he recorded gameplay of the menu transition and grabbed a screen from that. OR hit the menu transmission and mashed the screenshot button like crazy :)

I've always been unsuccessful at the latter.... mostly because the menu transition is too choppy at the resolutions I capture screenshots at :)

Reese-015

It's pretty hard to get the DOF right. If I had to guess, I'd say he recorded gameplay of the menu transition and grabbed a screen from that. OR hit the menu transmission and mashed the screenshot button like crazy :)

I've always been unsuccessful at the latter.... mostly because the menu transition is too choppy at the resolutions I capture screenshots at :)

Oh wow hadn't thought of that haha.

Timu

I haven't played BF4 in a while due to how broken it is, but man, that tool is encouraging me to play it again but only for that.

Those BF4 shots are jaw dropping. I've finished the single player (on PS4 and max settings PC) and play a lot of multi, but you never really get to appreciate the visuals when the action is so fast. But wow! Great work on those pics!

13787889053_e6dba79981_o_d.jpg

13787877123_367b10d6ce_o_d.jpg

BONKERS

It's all real time baby.

The screenshots are 2x higher than what I looked at though.
igbml1vliTRsM.jpg

ismTgHxlM8nL6.jpg

Kind of not impressed with this demo much. Texture quality seems inconsistent, looks like FXAA almost, and Chromatic Aberration. I've never seen a real camera go auto aberration next to fire to that degree. Even the edges of out of focus elements just look like they took the Photoshop CA from the lens correction filter, jacked up the green offset.

http://datastore04.rediff.com/h1500...t-film-Players-music-launch-in-Mumbai--5-.jpg

The other shots the guy posted downsampled look good. The lighting looks amazing though.

Also: Those BF4 shots, is that DoF Full Resolution unlike the solution used in game? It looks A-Mazing!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Kind of not impressed with this demo much. Texture quality seems inconsistent, looks like FXAA almost, and Chromatic Aberration. I've never seen a real camera go auto aberration next to fire to that degree. Even the edges of out of focus elements just look like they took the Photoshop CA from the lens correction filter, jacked up the green offset.

http://datastore04.rediff.com/h1500...t-film-Players-music-launch-in-Mumbai--5-.jpg

The other shots the guy posted downsampled look good. The lighting looks amazing though.

Also: Those BF4 shots, is that DoF Full Resolution unlike the solution used in game? It looks A-Mazing!

CA in games doesn't need to emulate real world CA.

maneil99

Heads up for BF4 guys, terrain decoration settings have been glitched since launch, you might now even notice it, try setting terrain decoration option in the game from ultra to medium and respawn.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=750023&highlight=

Medium -
terrainlhug5.jpg

You sadly need to reset the setting back to Ultra every time before you quit and do it again every time. Dice hasn't even acknowledged it. For some people its medium others its low.

Sorry to "noob" up the thread fellas but what mods are you guys using to make Skyrim look like that? Jeezus..

I made my first build a couple days ago, so I'm very new at all of this. Will they run decently on my GTX 780 SC w/ACX?

JordanN

Banned

Like some of Epic's other demos, they're actually put together by a small team of their own artists so yeah, not everything is going to be perfect. The main focus of the demo is suppose to show off its particle system for stuff like the fire, waterfall and snow (i.e vortex fields and GPU sprites).

And yeah, Unreal Engine 4's AA is FXAA. No idea if you can change it but it doesn't bother me (looks better than aliasing of course).

Clean looking game. Screens downsampled from replays (with black borders cropped). Frame rate is fine in higher resolutions but this game is gorgeous in 144Hz so I keep it lower for gameplay.

13800156703_ea30e0f170_o_d.jpg

13800110425_263509debc_o_d.jpg

Top Bottom