• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

ZxH.png

ayH.png

How does it play, is it anything like Tiger Woods on consoles?

Pretty similar yeah. Analog stick backswing and shot, you control the strength and any hook or slice. It doesn't seem as 1:1 as I remember Tiger's being, but it's been maybe 5 years since I last played one of EA's games and this is still in beta.

The good thing is there's no crazy power shots or mid-air control.

Visually it's annoying at the moment. Those last two screens I posted show how good it can look, but they were taken with the in-game dev screenshot function, using tweaked DOF and LOD etc. During gameplay, it looks nice but there's lots of flickering trees and such.

UnrealEck

This game looks absolutely insane downsampled from 4K. I was so dissapointed when I saw how the screenshots I took don't do it justice. Easily the best looking game I've ever seen. Some of the textures are incredible too and the amount of geometry is impressive.
I also notice some artifacts in the chromatic aberation probably from resizing the images.

iqr5FnliQBOCX.png

ib8mrz2batrQn.png

One3rd

Loving all of these FEAR shots. Loved parts 1 & 2, not so much part 3. lol
Same. 1 and 2 were great, 3 was OK as a shooter but it was not like the other two. I think Alma sucked the soul out of it before release.

Liking the Prey shots. I was so looking forward to Prey 2.

Your Stalker shots are making me want to jump back in the Zone! So sharp and moody. That near DoF is really nice, that's from a mod or base game?

13926266714_2c395078f0_o.jpg

13926252404_f034d2b08e_o.jpg

BONKERS

This game looks absolutely insane downsampled from 4K. I was so dissapointed when I saw how the screenshots I took don't do it justice. Easily the best looking game I've ever seen. Some of the textures are incredible too and the amount of geometry is impressive.
I also notice some artifacts in the chromatic aberation probably from resizing the images.

iqr5FnliQBOCX.png

ib8mrz2batrQn.png
What are you using to downsample? Those look like Nearest Neighbor almost..

UnrealEck

What are you using to downsample? Those look like Nearest Neighbor almost..

Crappy Paintshop Pro by Jasc Software. The method of sampling is Bicubic. 4K to 1920x1080.

I think it's best to just turn off chromatic abberation for screenshots. What's the best sampling method? Lanczos?

Yeah those crysis shots don't look downsampled at all. Tons of shader aliasing and it looks overly sharp.

FastStone ImageViewer is free and gives you lanczos2 and lanczos3. All you'd ever need.

Top Bottom