• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

misho8723

Banned
RoT.png

WoT.png

Tnecniv

Neo Member
That flag was a placebo. flags only affects calls through the D3D9/ex API
That was my assumption, thanks for confirmation.

Hard Reset has never looked better, most of the aliasing in some of the most hard hit areas are all but eliminated. Apologies for these two screenshots were taken at only slightly different angles, was just so happy to see it finally properly anti-aliased, had to take more than one:

14378842577_33ba91c0c8_o.jpg

14563650394_b09472fba0_o.jpg

I tried applying HBAO+ flag (the Skyrim 0x00000029 bits) but it did not seem to work. Perhaps it doesn't work with ultra high resolutions such as 8K? I did not have the time to properly investigate it. I'll try to see to it later today.

BONKERS

To be fair, the game doesn't have an official flag. Closest to an official one with AC II would've been the flag for the first Assassin's Creed, but I couldn't get it to work.

There might be a better flag around, but I just settled with the first one that worked.

Yeah ok, I thought there was an official flag for that game . My bad.

When others tested the 22 flag for AC1 it had the same issues.

Holy sharpening buttfuck of batmans balls
I tried applying HBAO+ flag (the Skyrim 0x00000029 bits) but it did not seem to work. Perhaps it doesn't work with ultra high resolutions such as 8K? I did not have the time to properly investigate it. I'll try to see to it later today.

This is very much a possibility. If you've read up on the HBAO+ thread the last month or two, you may have seen me mention that resolution does seem to affect somethings, sometimes.

(Also: 29 is supposed to be very subtle as it is from what I understand.)

Tnecniv

Neo Member
Holy sharpening buttfuck of batmans balls

This is very much a possibility. If you've read up on the HBAO+ thread the last month or two, you may have seen me mention that resolution does seem to affect somethings, sometimes.

(Also: 29 is supposed to be very subtle as it is from what I understand.)
I have not lurked the HBAO thread aside from your op (which is excellent by the way), I'll read up on it for sure when I get a chance.

And regarding Witcher 2 sharpening, too much indeed. Applying this ini tweak should probably be the first thing that anyone should do to help improve the IQ:
Code:
AllowSharpen=0

Few more W2 screenshots. Uber, GeDoSaTo 4K bicubic downsampling (16:10 3840 x 2400), modified ini, 16xAF:

14566692614_e8bd9895b1_o.jpg

14381756718_a8bfbed78c_o.jpg

3072x1296 shots. I Google'd a bit and found an .exe that allows 21:9 resolutions. There's a Steam and a non-steam version of the executable, both found in the description here. Oh, and if you do run into an error extracting it, get 7zip. I couldn't open it with WinRAR myself.
ttp://i3.minus.com/isu2JLycxLB6a.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]
Sweet. I will check it out.

Some older shots I found:
[IMG]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3851/14376798920_b3fe2f45d0_o.png

14563486865_51e6234336_o.png

One3rd

Quick question, what downsample filter are you using in this shot?

You can see that using the free camera causes NPC faces to get all screwed up in AC3.... =(
And I thought it was just a very historically accurate portrayal of the medical facilities and hygiene of the time period. =)

[edit:] is NeoGAF playing up for anyone else lately? I seem to be having problems trying to refresh threads and post, pages keep timing out.

14567817404_baa558391a_o.jpg

I would LOVE proper action shots of this boss. Also, my movement lock doesn't work on the Chariot because it's a scripted event. So I couldn't really get a decent shot of that thing rolling around. Wouldn't be very interesting anyway without shadows (freecam disables dynamic shadows).

14566141021_a08a03b17f_o.jpg

Going to replay that segment with Wickfut's ENB and possibly a few others.

Ashodin

IT6qazk.png

uZbZRzy.png

This zone blows away other zones in the game. Every 30 minutes a Sandstorm rages through the zone, and changes what enemies and events spawn.

4 image in 1 post

Heeeey. Max 2 images per post!

That first shot is incredible.

Thanks. Though I do like it, I didn't think it was a standout or anything. Also, you might need to fix your quote. I reuploaded it with lanczos3 because I thought the sharpening was a tad bit too much. Had to track down the sharpening added by ENB and disable it. Kept preventing a lot of shots from coming out clean, even at 8K.

Blizzard

Banned
I basically can't even browse this thread anymore since my cable modem resets itself when I try to patch Steam games, download Steam games, or open this thread. =( It dies partway through pages and if I'm lucky I might get it to work after reloading 5+ times.

However, I come here seeking help. As with most any time I've tried to use NVIDIA Inspector (1.9.7.2, with both GeForce 326.80 and 337.88 drivers) with a GTX 770 2GB, I am having no success. I am not sure if the profile is even activating.

Here is what Borderlands 2 looks like for me:
borderlands22014-07-033kni.png

I followed this guide to set it up:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121750593

Is there anything I might be missing? I've restarted Borderlands 2 after applying the NVIDIA Inspector settings but had no improvement.

*edit* I tried turning on FXAA and the FXAA indicator from NVIDIA Inspector, and that works and shows the green square in the upper left corner. So the profile is working, it's just SGSSAA that seems to do nothing. I've tried several different compatibility bits too. If someone could please screenshot your working NVIDIA Inspector Borderlands 2 settings that would be amazing. Bonus for a GTX 770 test, but I don't know if anyone will have that combination at hand.

Porcupine

Man, I love this thread and since I'm a new member to NeoGaf I wanna thank you for all your great pictures. =) I was following this thread for a long time.

I am replaying this for the first time since it was released and am still absolutely floored at how good it looks sometimes, just walking around with the right time of day is unbelievable.

14571197741_d28ab68f17_o.png

14551487516_d20ef0b172_o.png

Blizzard

Banned
Try using different flags:
0x080000C1 for SGSSAA
0x00000020 for HBAO+

Although the flag above for SGSSAA gives me red lines all over the place (using a GTX 850M 4GB)
THANK YOU. I was convinced I had tried every Borderlands 2 compatibility code with no effect. Where did you find that?

Using 0x000000C1 does nothing, but 0x080000C1 works (quality AO, no FXAA, -1.0000 negative LOD bias):

borderlands22014-07-0ovk9q.png

borderlands22014-07-0u3k75.png

Unfortunately, this sometimes tanks my framerate down to 45-53 in Sanctuary. My processor is a 4.2 GHz i5 3570k, but I'm guessing the graphics card is still what limits it since I got 60 otherwise.

However, if I open the inventory screen it goes down to 35 which is really annoying. I'm going to see if I get lucky and merely turning AO back off raises the framerate significantly. If I can get clean AA I can live without AO.

14552043946_a972222a94_o.jpg

Saw a panorama by Natty.Dread on Flickr and decided to try one myself here. Not the same, and not as good, but it was interesting. I should try more panoramas in this game.

14388698887_c80207affa_o.jpg

Top Bottom