• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

BONKERS

iFhY4gs0ne07P.png

ibiwLJuhZbA6jb.png

Does this game have CA by default? Why would they do that with such beautiful art

7Sins

Neo Member
Does this game have CA by default? Why would they do that with such beautiful art

No, I forgot I had a default sfx build installed. Strange because I though that sfx it doesn't work with this game. I may have switched the sfx build with another one and forgot about it.

I'll definitely disable that in my next batch.

Wanny

It never does.
Maybe its because of NVAC - New Vegas Anti Crash or that enbhost.exe program ENB mod uses to better sort out the memory which you can specify in enblocal.ini:
[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512
VideoMemorySizeMb=10240
EnableCompression=false

I can finally alt-tab with those settings. Awesome!

BONKERS

No, I forgot I had a default sfx build installed. Strange because I though that sfx it doesn't work with this game. I may have switched the sfx build with another one and forgot about it.

I'll definitely disable that in my next batch.

Ah, I see. New shots definitely look a lot better! TY

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

This is great you're great. Also thanks for posting your mods list, I've got it bookmarked for when I get a new GPU.

What kind of framerates you getting with this? :p

Mind recording like 1 min of footage with Fraps and uploading the capture somewhere? I'd love to see how good this looks in motion

I'd recommend using DXtory with the Lagarith Lossless Codec to record. MUCH better performance so you'll be able to see something much closer to Vampires actual framerate.

That paint shader looks pretty cool. I guess I'll join in on the Skyrim love.

ibxLEkXRdDIbFS.png

iIxZe6Lx5S6ao.png

Your skyrim setup looks really, really great.

Would you mind either posting your ENB, a screenshot of your mods list, or both? It's one of the nicest setups I've seen - next to Unreal's.

PC Gaf, I already have one R9 290 reference with an aftermarket Arctic Accelero on it. I have the opportunity to buy another R9 290 reference for $180 and would have to spend ~$90 for another cooler.

I only play at 1080p with downsampling if it works with durantes tool.

Should I buy it???

It depends how much you wanna downsample, and how much memory the cards have. If it's 2GB or less VRAM I probably wouldn't bother because you probably won't be able to downsample TOO ridiculously anyway.

Not gonna point to any in particular, but all these BF4 posts you've been doing have been all around great.

Not gonna point to any in particular, but all these BF4 posts you've been doing have been all around great.

Gonna call it quits though. The way the cinematic tools break the level scripts is forcing me to replay these missions from the beginning over and over again. And it's such a terrible campaign that I just can't do it anymore.

Painguy

Sorry for the long post.
For those wondering about my Skyrim setup. I basically copied the config from some guy here on GAF. Don't remember who. He had a crazy rig though. Like 2 or 3 titans lol.
I used the Jasmin ENB COT. Here is the link: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37293/? It's a weird ENB that requires Climates of Tamriel.
Here is the list of mods. I installed them in a very weird order for compatibility reasons and also to cherry pick some textures(especially for the grass).
v8efCDt.png

My enbseries.ini is from an ENB back in April of 2013. Idk if you guys still want that or not, but I spent a lot of time tweaking it. Main thing is to bump up the AO quality because default settings look very bad and noisy with the datgrass mod. You guys probably already know this, but the quality of the AO (and all other screen space effects) scales with resolution despite ENB providing hard settings for it. Try to find a balance of actual AO quality with screen resolution. For my screenshots i jacked up everything, but it ran at like 9 fps lol.

As for Minecraft, I used Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders. In both pics I linked I had different shaders enabled, but you could combine everything if you want. The new version makes it a bit more tricky to get bump maps, parralax maps etc etc, but you can still do it. Just look for texture packs that include them. My config files for this mod are also from an old version so I don't think they'd be very helpful here, but let me know if you'd like to see them. Don't forget to install Optifine for dat multicore performance. :D

Anyway, hope that helps everyone. :)

fuck this thread, and fuck my pocket.

Damn.You all are so fortunate to game like this.

Most people do not game like this. They jack up the resolution/add mods/ENB/stop the game and modify the camera. I bet most people have under 15fps on those settings.

The top tier minority - yes, I would love to game like this.

robgrab

Speaking of that, how do you post a link to a photo that won't launch the web site. I've tried posting stuff from Flickr and the BBC code they give launches their site. I hate that! Can you give an example of what the BBC code should look like? That's partially why I haven't posted anything in a long time.

Speaking of that, how do you post a link to a photo that won't launch the web site. I've tried posting stuff from Flickr and the BBC code they give launches their site. I hate that! Can you give an example of what the BBC code should look like? That's partially why I haven't posted anything in a long time.

Just do what everyone else does and only post the image. Get the full-res image -> right click -> copy image url -> use image tag here on forums. There's no reason to make it a link. That just annoys people that click on the images to expand them to full size.

Thanks Alo81 for posting the steps below. Very helpful :)

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Sorry for the long post.
For those wondering about my Skyrim setup. I basically copied the config from some guy here on GAF. Don't remember who. He had a crazy rig though. Like 2 or 3 titans lol.
I used the Jasmin ENB COT. Here is the link: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37293/? It's a weird ENB that requires Climates of Tamriel.
Here is the list of mods. I installed them in a very weird order for compatibility reasons and also to cherry pick some textures(especially for the grass).
http://i.imgur.com/v8efCDt.png[IMG]

My enbseries.ini is from an ENB back in April of 2013. Idk if you guys still want that or not, but I spent a lot of time tweaking it. Main thing is to bump up the AO quality because default settings look very bad and noisy with the datgrass mod. You guys probably already know this, but the quality of the AO (and all other screen space effects) scales with resolution despite ENB providing hard settings for it. Try to find a balance of actual AO quality with screen resolution. For my screenshots i jacked up everything, but it ran at like 9 fps lol.

As for Minecraft, I used Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders. In both pics I linked I had different shaders enabled, but you could combine everything if you want. The new version makes it a bit more tricky to get bump maps, parralax maps etc etc, but you can still do it. Just look for texture packs that include them. My config files for this mod are also from an old version so I don't think they'd be very helpful here, but let me know if you'd like to see them. Don't forget to install Optifine for dat multicore performance. :D

Anyway, hope that helps everyone. :)[/QUOTE]

This is incredibly helpful. Thanks bud.

[quote="robgrab, post: 121976197"]Speaking of that, how do you post a link to a photo that won't launch the web site. I've tried posting stuff from Flickr and the BBC code they give launches their site. I hate that! Can you give an example of what the BBC code should look like? That's partially why I haven't posted anything in a long time.[/QUOTE]

Check out [URL="https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/og-flickr/fichomnnmpafldcbpelajknhhmcafcca?hl=en"]OGFlickr[/URL].

You can just right click the image in your Flickr gallery and open a link straight to the full resolution version of the image.

At that point, you can just right click the image, copy the link, and embed it in your post.

The important part for embedding an image is

[CODE][img]*direct link to image file*[/CODE]

Top Bottom