• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

One3rd

14600176387_d11bca7cca_o.jpg

Ok, I try it one more time... maybe you know it? Can you change the color of water via ENB edits? I didn't find any RGB values to change the tint?

You can't change the colour, but you can change almost every other visual property. You'd need to edit the water in the Creation Kit to properly change its colour.

Damn, I want vanilla ES6 to look this good. Is that unreasonable?

With Bethesda, yes. They've repeatedly demonstrated that their games' visuals are at the bottom of their priority list. TES 6 will probably look almost as good as a heavily modded Skyrim, with slightly better animations, but I doubt it'll be on the same level.

kanuuna

14786794691_5d0054449f_o.jpg

14603263509_d176a5d9b1_o.jpg

Reworked my old ENB preset a bit today. Looks much better, doesn't play quite well because it's so dark again. Proper eye-adaptation would be nice.

That first screenshot does look really good.

But yeah, it looks like it'd be way too dark. That's the problem I had with a few other ENBs I tried.

This was only 4K, as the game crashes if I try to change resolution or use anything higher than that :(

But I do really like that modified Elite Knight armor.

14603912949_b8d2710648_o.jpg

There were surprisingly very few decent retextures on the Nexus.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
14785207212_f2376a6a26_o.png

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5579/14598823600_8fae666717_o.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

God damn.

[quote="kanuuna, post: 123385928"][IMG]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3844/14786794691_5d0054449f_o.jpg
14603263509_d176a5d9b1_o.jpg

Reworked my old ENB preset a bit today. Looks much better, doesn't play quite well because it's so dark again. Proper eye-adaptation would be nice.

That looks fantastic. Have you got your ENB up anywhere?

I actually love the dark. It's really cool being forced to adapt. I even invested points into INT on my dex build simply so I could use Cast Light and still two hand a sword as needed.

One time, I was in Harvest Valley and fighting enemies when I accidentally two handed my sword by habit. Since it was pitch black and I couldn't see, and I also didn't have any Flame butterflies, I used Flame Weapon on my sword. My sword was now giving off a subtle light that was just enough to help me navigate in the dark. It was god damned cool getting to think on the fly like that and having it work. It's a really, really interesting way to play.

wooo let's go
http://i.picpar.com/TUX.jpg[img]
[img]http://i.picpar.com/UUX.jpg

Fuckin! Fuckin Velstadt!!! When I was fighting that boss and saw that I legitimately screamed "What the fuck?!" So good.

This was only 4K, as the game crashes if I try to change resolution or use anything higher than that :(

But I do really like that modified Elite Knight armor.

14603912949_b8d2710648_o.jpg

There were surprisingly very few decent retextures on the Nexus.

Hmm. I don't have that issue. I've noticed that overall, you have a lot more crashing issues than everyone else with GeDoSaTo, which makes me think it might be something specific to your setup. Perhaps look around through files to see if there's anything peculiar going on? I know one issue with Dark Souls II is messing around with refresh rates above 60hz.

Hmm. I don't have that issue. I've noticed that overall, you have a lot more crashing issues than everyone else with GeDoSaTo, which makes me think it might be something specific to your setup. Perhaps look around through files to see if there's anything peculiar going on? I know one issue with Dark Souls II is messing around with refresh rates above 60hz.

EDIT: Removed ENB. Launched Dark Souls 2 with GeDoSaTo. No crash when changing resolution. So yeah. The combination just isn't stable on my system for some reason.
EDIT2: Tried another ENB and it's working great.

14604919030_882359a913_o.jpg

One3rd

This game has so much tension you could cut it with a knife...good thing there are some of those lying around the place.

14608330718_583bf557ea_o.jpg

14794961305_057c217da8_o.jpg

Hmm does Programs that alter your screens brightens automatically like F.lux also affect screenshots ?

Yeah, it does... I was playing late at night and this scene instead looked like this. Most games aren't affected by f.lux but this one sure was. Could possibly add an interesting effect but usually it's unwanted. (useless late edit - the compression artifacts in pic 2 are my fault entirely.)

Some shots to finish off my playthrough:
201810_2014-07-29_000v0jw9.jpg

201810_2014-07-30_000jgkpb.jpg

Top Bottom