• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

BLunted

Banned
Just finished the game. Was pretty good! Just trying to decide what I want to play next.

15505117021_cf1aa9b047_o.png

15321692947_7c0811bf64_o.png

Weird, steam stopped saving uncompressed screenshots of Ryse for half the game only to save the very last one I took. Oh well! Looking forward to what talented people do, game looks unbelievably gorgeous.

robgrab

All these awesome FFXIII screens have me tempted to play it but I've never actually played a Final Fantasy game before. From what I've seen the "gameplay" doesn't seem like my cup of tea. It just looks like a turn based game comprised of a series of mini cutscenes disguised as gameplay, but who knows, maybe I'd be into it once I learned how to play it. Would FFXIII be a good game to get into the series with?

Gvaz

Banned
All these awesome FFXIII screens have me tempted to play it but I've never actually played a Final Fantasy game before. From what I've seen the "gameplay" doesn't seem like my cup of tea. It just looks like a turn based game comprised of a series of mini cutscenes disguised as gameplay, but who knows, maybe I'd be into it once I learned how to play it. Would FFXIII be a good game to get into the series with?

No

diaspora

XIII is alright, but I'd recommend taking a crack at VI first.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
No... Frankly I am disgusted by all those screenshots, was hoping GAF would have better taste. :p

BONKERS

ib0N54YzorGZDc.png

iftJj1eUp8i7y.png

XIII is alright, but I'd recommend taking a crack at VI first.

I was expecting this from a mile away.

I Recommend starting with ANY you feel like. This isn't some iterative franchise like Dragon Quest.

Every title tries to do something different. IMO they aren't really directly comparable.

And even if you start with XIII, there's really no chance it will negatively impact your view of others. Hell if you are like some people, it will probably do the opposite /shrug

UnrealEck

Now if only all those cutscenes that were originally realtime but converted to ultra low quality as fuck 1600x900 FMVs just to save on loading were back in Real time.
Yes, it's night and day between realtime and the videos. Plus if it was realtime it would have saved space.

Is Ryse any fun? the screenshots are fucking insane. Would consider picking it up if a few gaffers recommended it.

It's an okay game. I would only get it in a sale. I chipped in for it with a friend so I wasn't bothered.
I'd say it's a 6/10 game at best.

Top Bottom