• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Cucobr

d2ir.png

4dqu.png

Darkdeus

When in doubt, check the compendium.

I'm not even happy with the IQ in my shots. Even after managing to get SweetFX to capture screenshots at the internal rendering resolution. Maybe I need to just ditch SweetFX. I'm probably make it it worse anyways.

Nice combat shots though :) Have you tried with the camera or are these just from gameplay?

I don't see super obvious aliasing in your shots at least. Yea I'm only using sweetfx for some slight sharpening at this point. About half of those shots are using your new camera CE table. It really helps to be able to move the camera while it's paused! Thanks again for making it.

kanuuna

12163465284_64952c5970_o.jpg

I installed Skyrim again and tried this Tweakeable DoF and Bokeh for ENB mod. I got the effect to look alright, but the auto-focus works like garbage for me and I can't quite figure out how the static focus works.
And I can't really get the near blur to work either. I'd sleep better at night if it functioned just as easy as the effect the ENB package came with.

Pure silliness, but when you crank up the sampleWeights in the DSfix guass shader, you get some interesting results.

12161047026_16cfefeb60_o.jpg

I like that look alot.

As fer mah settings, here and here ya go. This is actually a jankier older SFX setup compared to my newer efforts, but I still like the way it looks for Dark Souls. What it really needs is a proper curves instead of DPX and shit, but I have yet to set one up.

I like that look alot.

As fer mah settings, here and here ya go. This is actually a jankier older SFX setup compared to my newer efforts, but I still like the way it looks for Dark Souls. What it really needs is a proper curves instead of DPX and shit, but I have yet to set one up.

Merci! I'll have a look then.

You know SweetFX is working at the internal resolution when you need to set the border width to 1400 to emulate 1:1

12167499184_be6aca39e7_o.jpg

BONKERS

Dark Souls- Battle with Artorias!

I've given up on finding settings that get rid of the aliasing : ( Anything higher and I get 1-2 fps and driver crashes. I'll have to leave the high IQ shots to Neo, midhras, and Roderick. Your guys shots have been looking awesome.

12159629254_0761a04bf5_o.jpg

12159800716_daca391079_o.jpg

Can't you force SGSSAA? That+downsampling would pretty much destroy any aliasing.

Downsampling and forms of Post-AA can only do so much.

Darkdeus

Can't you force SGSSAA? That+downsampling would pretty much destroy any aliasing.

Downsampling and forms of Post-AA can only do so much.

Yea I'm already down to 4-5 fps at 5120 x 2880 internal res. I only have gtx 470s with 1.2gb of vram to work with : ( I realized though that I had messed with the Dof field settings in dsfix and forgot to put them back. I just took some test shots of Artorias with Roderick's sweetfx and the correct dof field settings and they look much better! Really liking his sweetfx settings too!

Nice shots though Neo! Even though I've taken a bunch of the those mid air leaping shots as well I never get tired of them. So epic looking!

Here's more Artorias shots. These ones still have the incorrect dof settings but oh well.

12159704274_380ec021d6_o.jpg

12159528793_f6ca71aeab_o.jpg

Yea I'm already down to 4-5 fps at 5120 x 2880 internal res. I only have gtx 470s with 1.2gb of vram to work with

Nice shots though Neo! Even though I've taken a bunch of the those mid air leaping shots as well I never get tired of them. So epic looking!

Not going to lie. I just learned how to do that jump attack last night. Don't judge me.

If you haven't already, do yourself a favor and add the SSAO toggle to your DSfixKeys.ini:

Code:
toggleVSSAO VK_F4

Unless you absolutely need to have it on during gameplay, disabling that seems to make the game go from from 10 FPS to 25 FPS. Smooth camera movement makes life a lot easier on me. Just have to remember to turn it back on for screenshots.

Darkdeus

oh yea I completely forgot I could toggle that. That will make things a lot easier! Currently I have to run everywhere in slow motion lol.

I think most of the DOF prepasses out there for Skyrim are friggin terrible. So I wouldn't call that "Skyrim's" DoF. More the product of tireless modders without a budget or a requirement to make anything performance efficient. The DOF I used to use in Skyrim was so intense that I needed to disable it most of the time just so I could get smooth camera movement. Then enable it for screenshots. Though things have probably improved by now.

The lesson here is that more games should be open to mods. At least for single player.

soontroll

Banned
I never realised you could see the Asylum Demon from here.

Bonus cool fact: Oscar threw down the body with the key through a hole in the ceiling. He was also found dying in a room with no clear entrance apart from the hole in the ceiling. The asylum demon was on the roof. This all points to Oscar fighting the demon on the roof to try and leave the asylum but getting thrown down into the room.
Pretty awesome Imo.

Stein3x

Loving the Doom 3 shots Stein3x.

Thanks! I think Doom³ has some potential in screenshooting despite being an old game ,especially when you have sikkmod adding all these crazy effects. Loving your Remember me shots, very hard game to screenshot but it has amazing art and Spazznid has some pretty crazy IQ on this game too

Are these screenshots from Doom 3 as well? Can't believe that how amazing the remake looks..

Yeap ,both shots are from the game. It can look great if don't go crazy on the settings (especially bloom)

These are awesome Steinex, are you using anything other than sixxmod/wulfens?

Thanks , i'm using the following 6400x3600 Downsampling , 64xMSAA , Sikkmod 1.2 (HDR | SSAO | DOF | Color Grading | Soft Shadows) , POM (parallax mapping) , Wulfen & Monoxead textures , Xio's Skinpack and some other textures i found on my old HDD which i added in the main files (the textures and POM in the bathroom for example)

BONKERS

There goes BF4's DoF getting put to shame by Skyrim's...

Only thing wrong with BF4's DoF is the undersampling issues due to low resolution.

Also: I don't care what anyone says. M&M X is Gorgeous. Sure it's not uber "realisitic" and the textures on some objects aren't amazing. But it has character.

12180109606_5f569f1be1_o.jpg

Hopefully going to get a debug build (release version, sadly) sometime in the near future so I can take a crack at getting control over the FOV. Goal is to get that into a CE table that can be accessed in the newest version.

Top Bottom