• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Draft |OT| Destroying careers before they start (if you're the first pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

I'm spoiler tagging at least! Do people even care about spoilers at this point?
It's only ever 2 or 3 people who throw a hissy fot about them each year, then hardly post on the thread. Meanwhile, I keep having to jump between the browser and twitter apps on my tablet, instead of just having regular unspoilered news in one place. I vote we ditch the idiotic spoiler tags and start linking to tweets, since it's clear the NBA doesn't intend on updating the broadcast. I mean, trades are also woefully delayed on TV. I feel like I'm watching sa recap of the draft because I know everything before the studio people. PEACE.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Only because NFLN has superior commentary and stats.

ESPN NFL Draft is garbage, especially that they spoil all the picks and Berman is busy CATCHPHRASE

GRUDEN CATCHPHRASE OVERHYPING QB I LOVE DIS KID

CRIS CARTER CATCHPHRASE

"MAN CC CMONMAN!"

KEYSAHWN SAYS SOMETHING STUPID

CMONMANCMONCMANCMONMAN!

Espn in general is terrible.
Agreed, I watch the NFL draft on NFL Network. I only watch actual games on espn if they're exclusive there and no where else. Everything else is pure garbage.

Pimpwerx

McDermott looks legit. Dude can score from anywhere which is what the Bulls desperately need.
Now they have two guys who can score from anywhere in Jimmer and McD, which will be important, because they probably won't be able to create good looks near the rim. PEACE.

I just hope I am still alive if and when he comes to the NBA

don't worry his time will come.

NQEtyLp.jpg

Pimpwerx

Yo, watching the draftexpress video on Shabazz, and I'm getting those championship chills again. Napier's natural shooting touch with Ray Allen's work tutelage... Oh hell yeah. PEACE.

BadAss2961

Now they have two guys who can score from anywhere in Jimmer and McD, which will be important, because they probably won't be able to create good looks near the rim. PEACE.
Jimmer's a small guy that can't post, so he can't score from anywhere. Plus i'm pretty sure he's a free agent now.

McD can post mostly any SF in the NBA. Can create his own shot. Can literally score in any fashion from any position.

Pimpwerx

Derrick Rose is coming back.

lmao
Yeah, and they're still down a legit ballhandler. I don't know how they expect to improve that offense when all you have to do is get the ball put of Rose's hands. Is teague supposed to be the backup? I thought they could use someone with a handle. PEACE.

Yeah, and they're still down a legit ballhandler. I don't know how they expect to improve that offense when all you have to do is get the ball put of Rose's hands. Is teague supposed to be the backup? I thought they could use someone with a handle. PEACE.
They traded Teague I think

BadAss2961

Melo plz.

zychi

Banned

DJ was a great backup and I hope we can keep him.

The more I stew on this Randle pick the less I like it. I can't pretend. His game just seems like the opposite of where the pro game is trending. It's all about versatility, speed, spreading the floor, slashing to the basket and Randle doesn't seem to bring any of that. His game is too one dimensional to me. He seems like the kind of guy who would have been drafted high 10-15 years ago. I just don't see his game translating over in a meaningful way, at least not the way you need from a top 10 pick (and for a team who doesn't have a pick next year). I feel like an nfl fan whose team just drafted a running back in the top 10. Like I said I'm a lakers fan so obviously I hope I'm wrong but I'm don't have a lot of hope. I gotta find a silver lining: Maybe he can start out the season putting up a bunch of empty stats on a bad team and we get get a desperate Flip Saunders to trade Kevin Love for him.

PBY

Banned
Lowry to Mia makes sense if it opens door to Melo. Big 3 becomes a younger, more athletic Big 4 (Lowry/Wade/LBJ/Melo). Instant EC favorite.

^Ric Bucher

He trollin'

zychi

Banned
Lowry to Mia makes sense if it opens door to Melo. Big 3 becomes a younger, more athletic Big 4 (Lowry/Wade/LBJ/Melo). Instant EC favorite.

^Ric Bucher

He trollin'

Mia is still the EC favorite right now. Theyre the best team,even with Bron opting out. The east is such trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom