• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Draft |OT| Destroying careers before they start (if you're the first pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Bulls stay losin':

3AhVqcN.png

This basically confirms that the Bulls killed it.

Nothing is more worthless than post draft writeups.

Honestly it doesn't even make sense - the article specifically states they don't think McDermott makes it to 16. So the Bulls went up and got the guy they coveted, thats a successful draft.

The more I stew on this Randle pick the less I like it. I can't pretend. His game just seems like the opposite of where the pro game is trending. It's all about versatility, speed, spreading the floor, slashing to the basket and Randle doesn't seem to bring any of that. His game is too one dimensional to me. He seems like the kind of guy who would have been drafted high 10-15 years ago. I just don't see his game translating over in a meaningful way, at least not the way you need from a top 10 pick (and for a team who doesn't have a pick next year). I feel like an nfl fan whose team just drafted a running back in the top 10. Like I said I'm a lakers fan so obviously I hope I'm wrong but I'm don't have a lot of hope. I gotta find a silver lining: Maybe he can start out the season putting up a bunch of empty stats on a bad team and we get get a desperate Flip Saunders to trade Kevin Love for him.

I heard about comparisons to Zach Randolph. Needs more consistent jump shot hope he can develop that.

BadAss2961

Can he score from the bench? Thibs isn't going to let him be anywhere else.
Thibs doesn't play rookies that are raw. McD seems to be a high IQ guy. He's about as ready to play as anyone in this draft.

He'll be coming off the bench for Melo and Taj along with Mirotic, or maybe even Love. :)

ampere

Did we pick up Smart because they want to trade Rondo and fully rebuild?

So many questions... gonna be a long few years haha.

Bowser

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell 1m
NBA source: the Cavaliers will take on Brendan Haywood (about $2 million) as part of the deal that sends Powell to Cleveland.

That makes sense

Bowser

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 56s
Charlotte will select Semaj Christon with the 55th pick in the NBA Draft, league source tells Yahoo.

There's our backup PG

Pimpwerx

Heat all hell bent on PGs when LeBron/Wade turns them into catch-and-shoot guys anyway.
We didn't lose to the Spurs due to size inside, but speed and shooting outside. The pnr was killing us. We need to upgrade the PG position first. Lowry can be a solid defender, and is just a great all around player. I'd rather have him then Melo, tbh. Though that opinion changed since we got Napier. PEACE.

Bowser

Damn. Disappointed that it looks like James Michael McAdoo is going undrafted. He didn't live up to the hype, but I thought some team would take a flier on him.

Pimpwerx

Knicks Age, your team gets shit on a lot, but whether they pan out or not, these are some of the best picks your team has made in forever. PEACE.

Raptors finally get a backup PG. NVM

Brooklyn has acquired the 59th and 60th picks, so Xavier Thames and Corey Jefferson will belong to them, source tells Yahoo.

Bowser

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 22s
Brooklyn has acquired the 59th and 60th picks, so Xavier Thames and Corey Jefferson will belong to them, source tells Yahoo.

Pimpwerx

Oh no. The Spurs about to draft another jack off to come off the bench and spam a short on of 3s. I hate you San Antonio. :( PEACE.

Bowser

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 1m
Tough for JMM. His case of stay vs. leave isn't typical of underclassmen. In all I've read, he has no regrets

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 7s
Could have been a lotto pick after frosh season. But he enjoyed three years of college and met his wife. Intrinsic value

Glad to see he's making the best of what's a shitty situation

BadAss2961

We didn't lose to the Spurs due to size inside, but speed and shooting outside. The pnr was killing us. We need to upgrade the PG position first. Lowry can be a solid defender, and is just a great all around player. I'd rather have him then Melo, tbh. Though that opinion changed since we got Napier. PEACE.
Spurs killed you everywhere. Inside and out. Miami was clueless against dat ball movement.

On a side note, this Bruno Caboclo guy probably wants to strangle Bill Simmons right now.

Bowser

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 29s
As it turns out, Philadelphia never made a run at Cleveland's No. 1 overall pick, league sources tell Yahoo.

lol

Vire

This guy's claiming Bosh might opt out and go back to Toronto. lol

Seriously what?...

CB loves Miami, his family loves Miami, he's not going anywhere.

Also a sign a trade for Kyle Lowry for nothing? Where the fuck does he pull this shit from? The whole thing makes zero sense.

Fatalah

I followed the Greek Freak all season - I'm Greek American and I can't help but support players who come here.

Being a Knicks fan, I was elated to hear that long beautiful last name get called. I actually read about his entire family over the winter, so this is just surreal! Go Phil go!

Bowser

The cross eyed super hero chinned gentleman on ESPN just said the Bulls had the best draft night.

Jeff Goodman. He's a fucking idiot hack. He thinks Doug McDermott is the second coming of Larry Bird, check his timeline, sucking up to him left and right. It's embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom