• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Heat did get to this years finals through a weak Eastern conference. 3-Peat or Bust.

I'll give them props for making it to four consecutive Finals, but the level of competition in the East pretty much guarantees that. It's far less impressive than what the Spurs have accomplished these past two seasons, in my opinion. I still don't believe this year's Heat team would even make it out of the West.

Tragic, Bron only plays basketball.

Its not that serious, I assure you.

I'm having fun, I assure you.

Cipherr

Lord hammercy, how people sway back and forth on these players life and career 'rankings' game to game in the finals is insane.

Only three teams in the west are capable of winning a ring.

OKC LAC SAS.

Give MIA the 4th seed, they beat two of those three to get to the finals.

Stop overrating the western conference. OK? Only Lakers and Spurs go to the Finals.

Only three teams in the west are capable of winning a ring.

OKC LAC SAS.

Give MIA the 4th seed, they beat two of those three to get to the finals.

Stop overrating the western conference. OK? Only Lakers and Spurs go to the Finals.

LOL

LAC need to be able to get to the Conference Finals first.

Jonm1010

Banned
Damn. I agree though if he loses the discussion and comparisons with Jordan should end. I truly believe winning 2 championships in 4 years is underachieving for this Big 3 coming together. People lets not forget Kobe took Lakers to 3 straight finals 08-10 and won 2 against the teams that Lebron lost to in the East corresponding years. Kobe was playing with 2 All stars. People gotta give Kobe his props during that time. Lebron James is playing with another top 5 player and an arguable top 20 player. Not turning this to a Kobe vs Lebron debate. But Heat did get to this years finals through a weak Eastern conference. 3-Peat or Bust.

Is Wade really a top 5 player anymore? Or for the past two seasons? Maybe more.

Why would he fake an injury in a game he was dominating? Lol

That some Skip Bayless level trolling. Lets be serious.

Nah, his cramping was legit. I just find the entire thing hilarious.

Was the stadium a bit too hot for LeBron? I feel terrible for him. I have no idea how athletes in basically EVERY other sport in existence are able to compete in high-intensity sports while playing outdoors, in the heat, under the scorching sun.

Jordan dropped 38 on the Jazz while fighting food poisoning. It's called determination, the will to win, and perseverance.

Chalmers gets paid $4,000,000. I wonder if his performance hurts his stock. Free Agent next year.

You wonder? No need to wonder. He has lost millions over the last few days.But the NBA is filled with overpaid players so who knows. I am done with him, just go away. Cole is a fine replacement.

Beant

Not even mad at this game. Total zen mode about the loss, because I have to acknowledge that the Spurs might actually just be better. They obliterated us the first half.

We need to win the next two games though to at least have a chance, Chalmers needs to just be mediocre instead of bad, Bosh needs more touches, and the D just got blitzed on screens and PnRs all night.

nooooooooooo you cant be a heat fan; I liked your posts

You wonder? No need to wonder. He has lost millions over the last few days.But the NBA is filled with overpaid players so who knows. I am done with him, just go away. Cole is a fine replacement.

Well if his stock drops, I think Heat might keep him for a decent price. I hope they just move on.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Not sure Miami makes it out of the west...probably 50/50 shot at best. As it is they get to take on a tired western conference team that had to show up starting in round 1. All I know is that their biggest challenge in the east is a team that certainly would have washed out in the first round out west. Pathetic conference does diminish any accomplishments they earn.

Not sure Miami makes it out of the west...probably 50/50 shot at best. As it is they get to take on a tired western conference team that had to show up starting in round 1. All I know is that their biggest challenge in the east is a team that certainly would have washed out in the first round out west. Pathetic conference does diminish any accomplishments they earn.

Spurs beat Portland by 20 three times in a sweep.

Can we stop with the much harder path to the Finals?

Some team will pay him because of "championship experience". It hurts me to say it but that's largely what kept Derek fisher in the league so long.

But isn't Derek Fisher smart and sound like he knows what he is talking about. I don't see Chalmers trying to order people and tell people what to do. Is Miami Heat shitting boy no? Bosh, Wade, and Lebron get pissed at him

Precisely. People trying to make the case that Miami might beat an individual team misses the point completely. The Western conference playoffs are a complete grind with multiple talented teams that can win on any given night. The conference is stacked and many of those teams create a significant match up problem for the Heat.

It's a cumulative effect and it wears you down. I'd like the see Miami go toe-to-toe with Memphis for a seven game series, followed by the Clippers and Spurs. There are no Charlotte Bobcats to roll over like a speed bump.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Some team will pay him because of "championship experience". It hurts me to say it but that's largely what kept Derek fisher in the league so long.

As somebody that hates the lakers, I feel like Derek fisher has hit every big shot he's taken.

Um...the point is, the Heat beating the 5pur5 last year is as irrelevant as the Czzz beating the Lakers in 2008.

2010 was a different series as is this one until further notice.

How is it irrelevant when people are saying the Heat can't make it out the West. When they have beaten the top 2 teams for rings??

offtopic

Precisely. People trying to make the case that Miami might beat an individual team misses the point completely. The Western conference playoffs are a complete grind with multiple talented teams that can win on any given night. The conference is stacked and many of those teams create a significant match up problem for the Heat.

It's a cumulative effect and it wears you down. I'd like the see Miami go toe-to-toe with Memphis for a seven game series, followed by the Clippers and Spurs. There are no Charlotte Bobcats to roll over like a speed bump.

yeah the Heat had the challenge equivalent of hitting two straight lay-ups before facing a team that, while not terrible, wouldn't have made it out of the first round out west against ANY of the playoff teams. Just the odds of making i through the West even if you are good are much, much less. And, if you do, you have been through a meat grinder and are relatively tired compared to a decent team coming out of the Least.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Jesus Christ@ the amount of people leaving the building after what Miami was able to do to this VERY team last year. smfh...

This series is ovah by the way. O-V-A-H

offtopic

And yet they never came close to winning a game.

Heat don't beat Portland in 5?

Wes Matthews is avg 25?

Heat over Portland in 7 would be my guess. They don't possess the match-up advantages that the Spurs had (and, yes, matchups matter a lot in the NBA).

Sorry, anything accomplished starting from the eastern conference has got to carry an asterisk of some sort.

BadAss2961

And yet they never came close to winning a game.

Heat don't beat Portland in 5?

Wes Matthews is avg 25?
Portland probably takes Miami to 6 games. Indy took them to 6 games, and they would've lost to any team in the West this year.

The West is a grind. No series is easy, making it a tough road to the finals. The East is usually a cakewalk until the conference finals.

offtopic

Jesus Christ@ the amount of people leaving the building after what Miami was able to do to this VERY team last year. smfh...

This series is ovah by the way. O-V-A-H

The Heat could still very well beat the Spurs but it sort of confirms what everyone knows about Heat fans.

offtopic

They lost. But if you're hanging onto 2011. When they've just chipped twice.

That's ridiculous salt.

Eh. They got a lucky rebound and a lucky 3 pointer or LeBron would be looking at 1-3 for the Finals. The only reason they get the finals so easily is the east so, yeah....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom