• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[2014] Xbox One Indie Parity Clause impacting number of announcements for system

Depends on your taste, I'd argue. Rocket League not being on XB1 seems to be a priority of resources and not having anything to do with lack of resources. They were 8-12 people working on it, so prioritizing the two largest platforms (PS4 and PC) is a business question.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/rocket-league-coming-to-xbox-one/

There's no doubt that XB1 is missing out on some great indies (like Rocket League), but the argument that "there's so much more games on PS4" is a bit silly, since it doesn't really matter how many games you have, if they all suck.

Note: I'm not saying all the games the PS4 has that the XB1 doesn't, sucks.

Rocket League not being on XB1 doesn't have anything to do with the parity clause. It's a matter of ressources, according to the developers.

Great post. Very informative. My post was directed at those that counted numbers and thus found a winner.

Rocket League is being ported to PS3 and possibly Vita. How's that for resource allocation?

Apathy

Nice link job but Destiny and Battlefront were AAA titles and NMS is a low-budget indie. I don't think any has been a system seller to date.

Yeah, low budget indie. I didn't know you had so much intimate knowledge of the budget for no man's sky. Your downplaying of the game is laughable. When was the last time you saw an indie games do the rounds of late night tv for mass consumer audience that aren't gamers? If you think nms is going to be a 100k indie seller when is released, you're going to be wrong.

TBiddy

Rocket league though your right on maybe parity clause. There were concerns on the game being cross platform, that's something that was more of business decision. If they do bring it to xbox people will not be able to play against PC players. And there over a million users who bought that game on steam.

So that to me is why they are being coy, and probably figuring out how if the number of xbox players alone will be enough for a long term community on that platform.

You're probably right. I'm not sure if there's enough potential Rocket League gamers on XB1.

Rocket League is being ported to PS3 and possibly Vita. How's that for resource allocation?

Why are you asking me? I'm just quoting the developers, who said they are only now expanding to other platforms. Read the article I posted earlier.

Top Bottom