• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"2015 is a HUGE year for Rare", says Robin Beanland

Salty Hippo

Robin Beanland, for those who don't know, is a long time Rare composer. Responsible for the Killer Instinct, Conker and Jet Force Gemini soundtracks, to name a few.

H4ctXhZ.jpg

https://twitter.com/Ritsu_Is_Cute/status/552362558523719680

Cue "Is there even anyone left from the old days?" comments.

UPDATE - This is what the notes sound like:

EvB said:
My friend who is a composer himself and a huge Rare fan has recorded the notes

https://soundcloud.com/richjarman/rare-thing

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I would love to see a current gen banjo looking amazing on XBO.

I would love a whole lot more to see a Perfect Dark 64 sequel with the same tone as the original.

Prine

Banned
Banjo, Conker or new IP?? Rare guys have been buzzing for the past few months. I can feel the 'its happening' :)

I don't associate Rare with quality these days. But I won't discount them and I hope they can blow us away.

Gimme some Banjo. And hopefully Sony counters with crash :D

Sadly, I'm not interested in Banjo. Maybe a new Conker game.

I really want them to go back to the drawing board and get Perfect Dark right again.

Rare has to be the one game developer that has fallen the furthest. Once they could take on any genre and perfect it -- platformers, kart racers, fighting games; hell, they even went ahead and redefined shooters for consoles. 1997 was a huge year for Rare. This won't be, of that I'm sure.

Sorry Rare :(

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Music notes. Come on, Banjo. Please.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Rare has to be the one game developer that has fallen the furthest. Once they could take on any genre and perfect it -- platformers, kart racers, fighting games; hell, they even went ahead and redefined shooters for consoles. 1997 was a huge year for Rare. This won't be, of that I'm sure.

Sorry Rare :(

This is true sadly.

Still. Part of me wants to see them return to greatness. Even if it's a fresh crew, seeing the name associated with great games again would be great.

Leflus

Rare is turning 30 years old this year.

It makes sense that they want to try to bring Rare back in a big way.

Here's hoping for an anniversary collection in addition to their new game(s).

Top Bottom