• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Pokémon US National Championships | July 3rd-5th | Indianapolis, IN | Livestream

My biggest problem with VGC is that a lot of prevalent pokemon are weaker legends, which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for IVs meaning that getting a good enough Landorus or whatever almost requires you to hack. And it's so obvious so many people here are using hacked mons. When you see this many shinies (IN a competitive setting where 5 or 6 ivs are pretty much necessary) you know something is up

JoeM86

Holy shit, what a match lol. Always fun when the RNG goes crazy.

Had a match the other day where I had to risk an Earthquake without a Protect on my partner.

I got a critical hit...on all three Pokémon. I couldn't believe it. The RNG was mental.

My biggest problem with VGC is that a lot of prevalent pokemon are weaker legends, which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for IVs meaning that getting a good enough Landorus or whatever almost requires you to hack. And it's so obvious so many people here are using hacked mons. When you see this many shinies (IN a competitive setting where 5 or 6 ivs are pretty much necessary) you know something is up

Yeah. Having one shiny competitive legend is an eyebrow raise, but I'll accept it as it can happen. It happened to a friend with his Latios. Having two or more...I don't like it. It's almost like trumpeting that you cheated or someone cheated for you, but as they can't prove it they can't do anything.

nubbe

Last time I found a Shiny was in Emerald... :p

not counting the red gyardos in HGSS!!!

Had a match the other day where I had to risk an Earthquake without a Protect on my partner.

I got a critical hit...on all three Pokémon. I couldn't believe it. The RNG was mental.

Yeah. Having one shiny competitive legend is an eyebrow raise, but I'll accept it as it can happen. It happened to a friend with his Latios. Having two or more...I don't like it. It's almost like trumpeting that you cheated or someone cheated for you, but as they can't prove it they can't do anything.

I see people who seem to have teams full of competitive shinies on the stream. It's such utter bull. I get that when you compete on a really high level, you need to try out a lot of options and breeding still takes a lot of time, but I still dislike it. I also think GF should make legends guaranteed 5 or more perfect IV rather than 3 as they introduced. 3 is good, but it's not enough when every point start and that puts players who aren't willing to hack at a disadvantage, especially when a handful of legends are very dominant in VGC

JoeM86

I see people who seem to have teams full of competitive shinies on the stream. It's such utter bull. I get that when you compete on a really high level, you need to try out a lot of options and breeding still takes a lot of time, but I still dislike it. I also think GF should make legends guaranteed 5 or more perfect IV rather than 3 as they introduced. 3 is good, but it's not enough when every point start and that puts players who aren't willing to hack at a disadvantage, especially when a handful of legends are very dominant in VGC

No. 3 perfect IVs is enough. 5 would be ridiculous and kill individuality

I softreset my Rayquaza for less than a week and got a competitively viable one. Job done.

These legends are easily beatable by other non legends anyway.

No. 3 perfect IVs is enough. 5 would be ridiculous and kill individuality

I softreset my Rayquaza for less than a week and got a competitively viable one. Job done.

These legends are easily beatable by other non legends anyway.
I never said they weren't beatable, but it's pretty hard and limiting on a team to not use any of the popular legends like Landorus, thundurus, or heatran

nubbe

the only difference betwene soft reset and hack is the amount of time you save
sounds like 40 hours in your case ;)

Pokemon wont be a viabel Esport untill Everything is done on a server,
Lets hope they make an MMO in our liftime

JoeM86

the only difference betwene soft reset and hack is the amount of time you save
sounds like 40 hours in your case ;)

Pokemon wont be a viabel Esport untill Everything is done on a server,
Lets hope they make an MMO in our liftime

Actually ~10 on and off while doing other things.

SuperOrez

These created pokemon has really turned me off the competitive pokemon scene. I understand the arguments for it but it just feels wrong. The TCG seems fun but it's the same thing. Instead of hacking you just buy the cards you need. Maybe in the next game they'll give us alk the pieces we need to pay properly

JoeM86

These created pokemon has really turned me off the competitive pokemon scene. I understand the arguments for it but it just feels wrong. The TCG seems fun but it's the same thing. Instead of hacking you just buy the cards you need. Maybe in the next game they'll give us alk the pieces we need to pay properly

We have all the pieces, though. It's so easy to get viable Pokémon these days. People just choose not to play properly.

There's a much better selection of bulky Pokemon now so it has a harder time getting cheese KOs. It's still a thing and can work but you can't be stupid anymore.

JoeM86

So has Talonflame just fallen completely out of favor? I don't think I've seen a single one on stream this whole time

There has been a massive increase in Rock Slide of late. That makes Talonflame get crushed and it doesn't have the added perks that Mega Charizard Y has so it is being seen a lot less.

Basically, people all know how to easily counter it. It's the same situation with Mega Kangaskhan last year so fewer people use it now. You'll still see it on Battle Spot fairly often, though.

Kasumin

Sad to see Aaron lose there. I know he was mostly going for confirmation for the 2nd day of Worlds, which he got, but I was really rooting for him. Love his youtube videos.

And as always he's got only the best sportsmanship about the whole thing. Even on his youtube videos he compliments his opponents when they outplay him. Such a great guy and he really shows the best of the competitive Pokemon community.

And as always he's got only the best sportsmanship about the whole thing. Even on his youtube videos he compliments his opponents when they outplay him. Such a great guy and he really shows the best of the competitive Pokemon community.
At this rate, hopefully people will soon finally forget about the whole poop thing!

...They never are, are they?

Dr. Buni

Breeding Pokémon is such a chore. I don't blame those who prefer to create perfect Pokémon through different methods.

nubbe

Breeding Pokémon is such a chore. I don't blame those who prefer to create perfect Pokémon through different methods.

things would be so different if game data was stored at TPC servers

the joke is that everyone cheats and everyone knows it
entertaining for sure, but a bad joke

Azuran

Banned

This is one of the few occasions where I don't care about others hacking. I don't do it but I don't put down the ones that do it because it's ridiculous that most are not able to get into the scene because of pointless grinding that has nothing to do with actual battling skills.

Mr-Joker

Banned
things would be so different if game data was stored at TPC servers

the joke is that everyone cheats and everyone knows it
entertaining for sure, but a bad joke

The fact that everyone cheats is what puts me off from creating a competitive team, can't be arse to put the effort in creating a perfect team just to run into a cheater.

Azuran

Banned
The fact that everyone cheats is what puts me off from creating a competitive team, can't be arse to put the effort in creating a perfect team just to run into a cheater.

But they're not cheating. It's not like they're running Heatran with Levitate.

I don't care too much if somebody hacks their mons.

I do care if they justify it with "everybody cheats". My three perfect shinies are legit fuck off.

nubbe

I don't care too much if somebody hacks their mons.

I do care if they justify it with "everybody cheats". My three perfect shinies are legit fuck off.

0GhKRgv.jpg

First one I got without even trying. It was a leftover egg I was hatching to clear space. Second one was egg 29. My Lucario took a bit over 100 eggs though.

I did fuck up the Battle Resort ecosystem forever though just trying to get a good male Drought Vulpix. Took me more eggs than those shinies combined this game is just a fucking troll lolololololol

Top Bottom