• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

pZDb.jpg

The Witcher 3 header image is courtesy of the venerable Jim2Point0.​

qZDb.jpg

• Limits: 2 screenshots per post. If you have more than 2, make more posts or use thumbnails.
  • Spamming: No more than 3 consecutive posts of the same game. Link to an album of your collection.
  • Naming: Always include the name of the game with the screenshots. Not everyone is a game encyclopedia.
  • Compression: Don't compress your screens or use a host that compresses them (Steam, Imgur).
  • Emulators: Emulator screens are fine. However, you should list the emulator used.
  • Stretching: Do not post stretched screenshots. Do not take 2.35 screens unless you know what you are doing.
  • Spoilers: Please do not post major plot points from games released in the last 2 months.
  • Thinking: Think before you post. Is the screenshot really worth posting? Does anyone care about some ugly texture you found? No.

rZDb.jpg

• Custom Resolutions: If you have an Nvidia or an AMD card, create a couple custom resolutions over 1080p.
  • Steam: You can tell Steam to also save lossless screens when hitting the button and choose and output folder.
  • FastStone: It's free and bloody easy. You can resize a whole folder with different options and convert to .png/.jpeg in a single step.
  • Irfanview/Photoshop: Use one of these to convert to .png from .bmp, crop out black bars or resize pictures.
  • Zoner PS: Another Photoshop alternative, recommended by Angelus Errare.
  • Nvidia Inspector: Program for Nvidia cards for fine tweaking AA/AF and other graphical settings for games.
  • Radeon Pro: Program for ATI cards for fine tweaking AA/AF and other graphical settings for games.

sZDb.jpg

• Alo81's JPEG Guide: Everything you need to know about saving as a JPEG without getting shanked.
  • MrRoderick's Screenshot Compendium: A great thread filled with advice on advanced techniques for screenshotting specific games.
  • Nvidia Inspector: This guide covers how to force AA externally and the basics of using the program.
  • Radeon Pro: Pretty self explanatory, follows a lot of the basics from Nvidia Inspector.
  • SGSSAA: This guide on Guru3D covers how to implement Sparse Grid Super Sampling.

vZDb.jpg

• Flickr: Two terabytes of storage and great for screenshot library management.
  • Picpar: Brought to you by none other than X3sphere, a simple and efficient image host.
  • Abload: Easy to use, doesn't compress jpegs further, auto-converts bmps to png nicely.

xZDb.jpg

Just a couple examples from the 2015 thread lie below. The name of the contributor of each screen is next to the game name. Sorry if you didn't make the cut! No one looks at this post after the first page anyways! (Click for full-res).

Star Wars Battlefront // HolyFridge

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin // Auto-Reply

Star Citizen // mercenar1e

Fallout 4 // Elimina

Nice start to the new thread. I personally wouldn't mind seeing a few more examples in the OP but that's just me. There was so many great shots in 2015.

I guess I'll start out with a few Witcher 3 shots. It's all I got right now....

24011978681_c97df6916b_o.jpg

23908647442_53c7267504_o.jpg

Coreda

I didn't get very many submissions. I really need to actually mark down outstanding shots over the course of the year rather than requesting them at the end.

Didn't realize there was a request put out. Would be nice to have an end of year favorites list. A few favorites I saved, along with their post reference:

Among many others. Over time I've adopted a naming format, making them easier to find when I need to. Eg: Games - Rage - Marcelus (neogaf, 2015 screenshots thread post #7961).jpg

Top Bottom