• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 Backlog Blitz - We may stumble and fall but shall rise again

Another year, another chance to join the NeoGAF Backlog Blitz.

Prior threads

Simple Rules
  • If you finish a game in your backlog, it counts as +1.
  • If you buy, or otherwise acquire a new game, that counts as -1.
  • The goal is to have as high a number as possible.

Special Rules
  • Clean Slate - You only count games as a -1 that you bought this year. As of January 1st your total score is reset to zero, any games bought/received prior do not count as a -1, only a +1 if you beat them. If you're joining mid-year and don't remember what you've bought to date - give yourself a clean slate right now.

Resources
  • Backloggery is manual but seems to be a GAF favorite. The focus is just on your completion status of the game (Unplayed, Unfinished, Beaten, Completed).
  • HowLongToBeat allows you to enter the amount of time it took to beat the game and can also be used as a reference for how long it may take to beat based on other players results.
  • GameDeed, a more strict table list with focus on easy comparison of games and flexible filtering.
  • Darkadia helps you bring your game collection to life by giving you the tools to quickly and painlessly manage your video game collection.
  • GameBeat, a platform for completion tracking made by Wo33er since he didn't like the alternatives. Maybe it appeals to you, too?
  • Grouvee, catalog your video game collection and track your backlog.
  • Playfire tracks your gaming activity automatically.

2016 Thread Statistics
Fill in this form. I'll update the results in a few days.

A0j5sDK.png

BfKdg4O.png

M4eukXD.png

Backlog heroes:
1 dougalism 64
2 Spyware 60
3 nateify 35
4 allansm 30
5 HellBlazer 26
6 gaiages 26
7 TheBigG753 4
8 nny 2
9 LiquidSolid 2
10 Ikon 1

Worst offenders:
1 watdaeff4 -96
2 Muzy72 -80
3 JacksUsername -77
4 Blizniak -71
5 archnemesis -47
6 NHale -46
7 JehutyRunner -19
8 InsaneFandom -6
9 Arukado 1
10 Ikon 1

Largest remaining backlog:
1 nny 884
2 dougalism 619
3 archnemesis 488
4 Spyware 333
5 JacksUsername 265
6 Blizniak 247
7 HellBlazer 235
8 watdaeff4 143
9 NHale 137
10 LiquidSolid 126

I think I'll get it on this now. My backlog is huge and this'll give me a nice incentive to both chip away at it and not to buy any more unless I plan on playing it right away.

However, I do have one criticism (sort of?) going in, and that is that this method of scoring seems to bias things towards short titles. I guess I don't think finishing a 2-hour game like Pony Island should count the same as finishing a 40-hour RPG. Maybe there could be some kind of tiered system where a point is added every 5 hours of estimated completion time from How Long To Beat. That's just a suggestion though.

I look forward to seeing how high everyone's numbers get!

Is it me or is Raptr something really different from what OP says? I couldn't find syncing of achievement between all platforms etc. It seems like a social network site for F2P PC gaming.

However, I do have one criticism (sort of?) going in, and that is that this method of scoring seems to bias things towards short titles. I guess I don't think finishing a 2-hour game like Pony Island should count the same as finishing a 40-hour RPG. Maybe there could be some kind of tiered system where a point is added every 5 hours of estimated completion time from How Long To Beat. That's just a suggestion though.
I see your point, but shouldn't the goal be to limit reckless purchases of games that we don't have time to play. Using a simple system where all games are treated equally might encourage people to think twice about collecting stacks of time-consuming titles.

Is it me or is Raptr something really different from what OP says? I couldn't find syncing of achievement between all platforms etc. It seems like a social network site for F2P PC gaming.
They've changed over the years. I'll remove it from the OP. If anyone wants to suggest other sites, I'll gladly add them.

Second time doing this. Going to be more creative tackling my backlog this year.

Add with my first time doing the 52 games challenge, this'll be a interesting year to tackle one's backlog.

Backloggery|HowLongtoBeat| 52 Games main post

January

Bought (-):

FIFA 17 (Xbox One)
Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection (PlayStation 4)
Gravity Rush 2 (PlayStation 4)
The Witness (PlayStation 4)

Beaten (+):

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Remastered (PlayStation 4)
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (PlayStation 4)
Firewatch (PlayStation 4)

Dropped (x):

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (PlayStation 4)
Street Fighter V (PlayStation 4)

January net worth: +1

February

Bought (-):

Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One)

Beaten (+):

FIFA 17 [The Journey] (Xbox One)
Gears of War 4 (Xbox One)
Forza Horizon 3 (Xbox One)

Dropped (x):

N/A

February net worth: +2

March

Bought (-):

Horizon Zero Dawn (PlayStation 4)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo Switch)
I Am Setsuna (Nintendo Switch)
Oxenfree (PlayStation 4)
Nier Automata (PlayStation 4)
Mass Effect: Andromeda (Xbox One)

Beaten (+):

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo Switch)
Nier Automata (PlayStation 4)

Dropped (x):

N/A

March net worth: -4

April

Bought (-):

Persona 5 (PlayStation 4)
For Honor (Xbox One)
Parappa The Rapper Remastered (PlayStation 4)
World of Final Fantasy (PlayStation 4)
What Remains of Edith Finch (PlayStation 4)
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (PlayStation 4) [you may remember I chucked this at the start of the year - well it was cheap again on the PS Store at £4 - my restraint couldn't say no >_<]
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo Switch)

Beaten (+):

What Remains of Edith Finch (PlayStation 4)

Dropped (x):

N/A

April net worth: -6

May

Bought (-):

Forza Horizon 3: Blizzard Mountain

Beaten (+):

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Forza Horizon 3: Blizzard Mountain
Ratchet & Clank
For Honor

Dropped (x):

N/A

May net worth: +3

June

Bought (-):

Tekken 7 (PlayStation 4)
MLB: The Show 16 (PlayStation 4)
Wipeout Omega Collection (PlayStation 4)
ARMS (Nintendo Switch)
Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood (PlayStation 4)
Nex Machina (PlayStation 4)
The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind (PlayStation 4)

Beaten (+):

Tekken 7 (PlayStation 4)

Dropped (x):

N/A

June net worth: -6

July

Bought (-):

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PlayStation 4)
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)
DiRT 4 (PlayStation 4)
Superhot (PlayStation 4)
Crash Bandicoot: N'Sane Trilogy (PlayStation 4)
Rime (PlayStation 4)
Locoroco Remastered (PlayStation 4)
ABZU (PlayStation 4)

Beaten (+):

Nex Machina (PlayStation 4)
Portal (PC)
SUPERHOT (PlayStation 4)

Dropped (x):

N/A

July net worth: -5

August

Bought (-):

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PlayStation 4)
Everybody's Golf (PlayStation 4)
Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Nintendo Switch)
Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Episode One (PlayStation 4)

Beaten (+):

Horizon Zero Dawn (PlayStation 4)
Watch Dogs 2 (PlayStation 4)
Far Cry 4 (PlayStation 4)
ABZU (PlayStation 4)
Virginia (PlayStation 4)
Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PlayStation 4)
Oxenfree (PlayStation 4)
Transistor (PlayStation 4)
Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry (PlayStation 4)
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PlayStation 4)
Gravity Rush Remastered (PlayStation 4)
Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Episode One (PlayStation 4)

Dropped (x):

Battlefield 1 (Xbox One)
Dark Souls II: Scholars of the First Sin (Xbox One)
Dark Souls III (Xbox One)
Dead Rising 3 (Xbox One)
Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition (Xbox One)
Dishonored 2 (Xbox One)
The Division (Xbox One)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrm (Xbox One)
Fallout 4 (Xbox One)
FIFA 16 (Xbox One)
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (Xbox One)
Forza Motorsport 6 (Xbox One)
Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One)
Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One)
Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox One)
Mad Max (Xbox One)
Mafia III (PlayStation 4)
Mass Effect: Andromeda (Xbox One)
Rainbow Six Siege (Xbox One)
Rare Replay (Xbox One)
Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One)
WWE 2K16 (Xbox One)
WWE 2K17 (Xbox One)

August net worth: +31

September

Bought (-):

Destiny 2 (PlayStation 4)
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PC)
Night in the Woods (PC)
Rainbow Six: Siege (PC)
Subsurface Circular (PC)
The Elder Scrolls Legends (PC)
Ryse: Son of Rome (PC)
Subsurface Circular (PC)
Splinter Cell: Blacklist (PC)
Tacoma (PC)
FTL: Faster Than Light (PC)
FIFA 18 (PlayStation 4)
Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (PC)
Cuphead (PC)
Fallout (PC)

Beaten (+):

womp womp

Dropped (x):

ARMS
Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle

September net worth: -14
Overall net worth (as of September): 0

I only beat six games last year but added that same ammount at christmas. I now have 122 unbeaten games. I signed up to try and beat three games a month thread and I'm gonna give it a damn good try.

Spyware

The 2016 blitz was sort of a failure for me. I expected it to go so much better. I don't think 2017 will be any more successful, but this time I don't mind!

I started this year with some purchases. My brother was on a spending spree on Steam on the computer right beside mine and managed to "hype" me up a bit on some of the purchases. Since I had lots and lots of card money, it was an easy task to drag me into that spending spree too. I will try to play them before the month is over at least.
This is also the year when I have to list a pretty big amount of Plus games since I want to play some of them before I stop the subscription. So on top of my backlog of 333 (and some) games I will have to add a bunch of +-0s this year.
And then we have the bunch of new games this year that I think I won't be able to not buy :p

But it's not all negative!
I do expect to be able to mark a whole bunch of consoles as completed since another goal is to beat all of my retro/semi-retro games. This would get a huge weight off my chest because I constantly worry that the old stuff will break.

What I'm saying is that I don't expect a high number, but I expect many changes in my backlog in 2017!

gaiages

Banned
The 2016 blitz was sort of a failure for me. I expected it to go so much better. I don't think 2017 will be any more successful, but this time I don't mind!

I started this year with some purchases. My brother was on a spending spree on Steam on the computer right beside mine and managed to "hype" me up a bit on some of the purchases. Since I had lots and lots of card money, it was an easy task to drag me into that spending spree too. I will try to play them before the month is over at least.
This is also the year when I have to list a pretty big amount of Plus games since I want to play some of them before I stop the subscription. So on top of my backlog of 333 (and some) games I will have to add a bunch of +-0s this year.
And then we have the bunch of new games this year that I think I won't be able to not buy :p

But it's not all negative!
I do expect to be able to mark a whole bunch of consoles as completed since another goal is to beat all of my retro/semi-retro games. This would get a huge weight off my chest because I constantly worry that the old stuff will break.

What I'm saying is that I don't expect a high number, but I expect many changes in my backlog in 2017!

Wait, hold on, wasn't your final 2016 number like +50 or something? You think that's a failure? @_@ That's probably one of the highest (if not THE highest) scores of last year! I wouldn't view any of that in a negative light at all, regardless of your overall backlog. That's a significant dent, at least!

Ikon

I won't lie and say I'm not disappointed with my score for last year (+1).

However, it would easily have gone much worse if not for this thread. I think the focus for 2017 will just be self control. I don't really need more games obviously. So unless there's a game I want that I'm afraid will go out of print, I'm going to just hold off on buying it.

Here's to going more than +10 in 2017!

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
I've been doing better each year for the last couple but 2016 I just fell apart. Didn't beat enough games, didn't really play much but kept buying cheap stuff all year long from $1 PlayStation RPGs to humble bundles and most of it just ended up in my backlog.

Looking forward to clearing my backlog this year. I didn't buy too many games last year and I will be more selective with purchasing games on release date since the prices drop so fast.

Deku Tree

What should I play next? (No FPS)

PS4 Backlog 2017

Disk Backlog

Fallout 4

The Order 1886

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Wolfenstein The New Order

Call Of Duty Black Ops III

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered

Digital Backlog

FFXIV

GR2 Demo

NieR Demo

Wolfenstein The Old Blood

Badland GotY

Doom

Inside

RE7 Demo

REMake
RE2

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Complete Edition

Zombi

Future Backlog

Nioh

Flux

My starting 2017 score with a clean state: 0

Catalogue:
Xbox: 96 games unplayed
Steam/PC: 150
PS Family: 13
Nintendo: 5

Completed:

First time participating in the thread, may as well pair this with the 52 games challenge too.. I used 2016 to start learning how to track and maintain my overall budget, video games included. In the past week I decided to learn some basic data management and used my video game backlog as an excuse to learn Access and SQL. I think it will be a fun way of both learning something new and tackling my backlog while keeping my impulsive spending in check. I let my PS+ lapse since it wasn't really doing much for me. I still have Xbox Gold and EA Access, which I intend to use as my primary source of "getting" games.

Main Post

Just saw 2016's thread and knew I wanted to get in on this for this year. Pretty pumped to play some awesome games! My Backloggery page is a total work in progress, but feel free to add me on there if you so please. I'll be stealth adding my collection little by little when I have the time.

My Backloggery
Clean Slate: 0
Games Beaten: 5
Games Acquired: 0
Score: +5

January
Games Completed:
Batman Telltale Series
Valkyria Chronicles Remaster
Battlefield 1
Unravel
Overwatch

Games in Progress:
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Pokemon Moon

Purchases:
n/a

February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

Spyware

Wait, hold on, wasn't your final 2016 number like +50 or something? You think that's a failure? @_@ That's probably one of the highest (if not THE highest) scores of last year! I wouldn't view any of that in a negative light at all, regardless of your overall backlog. That's a significant dent, at least!
+57 ;) And yeah it's a good dent, I just had higher expectations. I had two months in a row where I didn't finish a single game and two months with less than five. Then I got that big gift of 30 games (of which I kept 20 or so) that borked the numbers more than I had planned. So the result is just a "failure" because of the expectations I had.

Josh5890

With school done for good (until I eventually get the Master's degree down the road) I expect to make a big dent in 2017. Unfortunately Nintendo had a very quiet 2016 with home console releases so 2017 will probably be flooded.

Wozzer

2017 is going to be a good year for beating the backlog... probably maybe. I'm hoping for a positive double digit finish, we will see.

If anyone wants to suggest other sites, I'll gladly add them.

Personal plug but I've thrown together my own platform for completion tracking as didn't like the alternatives; GameBeat. Still working on it so there are kinks. No ads so I get nothing from its use, just throwing it out there.

I'm going to track this year. I was pretty good about limiting purchases in 2016 and want to keep that up in 2017. Good for the backlog and for the wallet.

JANUARY

Purchased
• None

Completed
• Firewatch
• INSIDE
• MGSV: The Phantom Pain
• Beneath a Steel Sky

FEBRUARY

Purchased
• None

Completed
• Gravity Rush Remastered
• Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

MARCH

Purchased
• None

Completed
• Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
• Titanfall 2 Campaign
• Dear Esther: Landmark Edition

APRIL

Purchased
• None

Completed
• Battlefield 1 Campaign
• Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

MAY

Purchased
• The Last Guardian
• Thimbleweed Park
• Blackwood Crossing

Completed
• Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
• Destiny: The Dark Below and House of Wolves
• The Whispered World
• Virginia

JUNE

Purchased
• The Turing Test
• The Fall

Completed
• Alan Wake's American Nightmare
• Metro 2033 Redux
• Life is Strange
• The Fall

JULY

Purchased
• The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
• The Witness
• King's Quest (2015)

Completed
• Little Inferno
• Flower
• SOMA
• The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
• Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
• The Witness
• The Turing Test
• Thimbleweed Park

AUGUST

Purchased
• Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Completed
• Far Cry 4

SEPTEMBER

Purchased
• Quantum Break

Completed
• Typoman Revised
• King's Quest (2015)
• Uncharted 4

OCTOBER

Purchased
• None

Completed
• The Last Guardian
• Bayonetta

Total Score: +23

MadSexual

For anyone on the fence about participating, I can say that these threads have made a huge impact on my buying habits. Definitely recommend trying it out for a while.

I see your point, but shouldn't the goal be to limit reckless purchases of games that we don't have time to play. Using a simple system where all games are treated equally might encourage people to think twice about collecting stacks of time-consuming titles.

But then surely buying a $1 hour-long indie game is also not equivalent to buying, say, Baldur's Gate 2 EE, which takes dozens of hours to complete. If anything, weighting them would discourage people from constantly buying super long RPGs (or games in general) that they'll never have time for. I know I had a problem for the longest time buying RPGs for the PS1 and PS2 because I thought they'd all become rare like they did in the previous generations. But with nearly all of the coveted RPGs from that era available on PSN or otherwise for pocket change, that's a habit that I definitely need to kick.

SCB3

I was much improved over 2015 by actually finishing games

This year, I plan on 1 per week or so (Episodic games I'll count as 1 big entity, when the season is complete ie Walking Dead season 3)

First on the list:

Finish off Hitman and start getting all its trophies(which includes all level masteries)

Bloodborne still remains my white whale, I will complete it this year!

Markew001

I think I will try to participate in this... It's going to be a challenge to stay in the positive but with a new baby on the way it's probably a good idea to try!

kunonabi

With school done for good (until I eventually get the Master's degree down the road) I expect to make a big dent in 2017. Unfortunately Nintendo had a very quiet 2016 with home console releases so 2017 will probably be flooded.

oddly enough I plan to play fewer Nintendo games this year than I did last year. Ever Oasis, Zelda U, and DQVIII is pretty much it.

I'll throw my hat in for this year:

primary backlog - 56
import backlog - 108

If I can end the year at +70 I'll be pretty happy.

I'm down for another year (thanks archnemesis for tracking stats and continuing to be the M.C. of backlogs). I've been progressively going further into the negative every year, but I've also let go quite a bit in terms of pressuring myself to finish games. Still fun to track, and this year, I want to more closely track the actual spending as well.

With the Switch coming out this year, I imagine it's going to be a challenging to stay in the positive, but at the same time, my discretionary spending will be severely reduced this year, so I'll have to be smarter about my purchases.

But then surely buying a $1 hour-long indie game is also not equivalent to buying, say, Baldur's Gate 2 EE, which takes dozens of hours to complete. If anything, weighting them would discourage people from constantly buying super long RPGs (or games in general) that they'll never have time for. I know I had a problem for the longest time buying RPGs for the PS1 and PS2 because I thought they'd all become rare like they did in the previous generations. But with nearly all of the coveted RPGs from that era available on PSN or otherwise for pocket change, that's a habit that I definitely need to kick.

Eh as someone who primarily plays RPGs I think this system would just distort my score. I could buy far more games than I beat but still have a positive score, which isn't useful for me in terms of battling the backlog.
I like the blitz because it's simple - did you put more games into the backlog then you beat?

I do get what you're saying though, maybe there's room for another thread to do with the amount of time you play? That could include multiplayer / 'neverending' stuff too

nny

For the first time, I finished with a positive score in 2016 - so by years' end my backlog was...2-games smaller than at the start of the year. With that huge decrease, my backlog sits now at

Go me!

:|

2017 will be the year I catch up on my Steam backlog:

- BioShock Remastered
- Grim Fandango Remastered
- Half-Life 2: Episodes 1, 2, & Lost Coast
- Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
- Portal 2
- Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
- Total War: SHOGUN 2

allansm

I finished 2016 with a score of +30, I look forward to beating this score this year. :) I still have around 150 games on my backlog though, so it will take some time to finish them all still...
Regarding purchases, last year I bought 41 games and I finished all but 4 of them. Some of the games I bought weren't that great though. I finished them and I had some fun, but they weren't worthy purchases. So I also intend to be more careful with purchases this year and hopefully I won't fall for hype so easily.

Bought: -0

Finished: +7

Prison Architect
New Super Mario Bros. U
Trip World
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
Downwell
Yoshi's New Island
Mighty Gunvolt

Currently Playing:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions
Homeworld Remastered
Sunset Overdrive

Current Score: +7

rdytoroll

I'm in. First time doing this, but it's time. My backlog is growing too big for my taste (about 25 games), which leads me to jumping between games and not finishing them and not enjoying them as I used to. This year I'll try to buy less and only buy games I want to play immediately. My goal is to have atleast a +20 at the end <- lol, one month in and I know that will be almost impossible

Clean Slate = 0
->Current Score = 0

January

Bought:
1. Titan Quest Anniversary Edition -> -1
2. Hyrule Warriors: Legends -> -1
3. Dragon Quest VIII -> -1

Finished:
1. Oxenfree -> +1

--> -2

Currently Playing: Grim Dawn (almost finished)

Have to abandon this challenge. This year will be a busy one, already 1 1/2 months in and I didn't get to play much.

Podge293

Alright I'm in. Starting from a clean slate as first time here. Should be fun. Completed GOT less than an hour ago

Clean Slate = 0
->Current Score = 1

January

Bought: 0

Finished: 1
GOT(telltale).

Just tallied up the Xbox one backlog. 43 games I feel I can "complete". 23 that are never ending (primarily multiplayer). I need that down a lot this year ha

I'll tally up the PS4 backlog shortly. Think it's mid 20s.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question, how do we handle games we play and abandon? Do those get a +1 as they're not in the backlog anymore, or just a 0 as a reminder of a bad purchase?

Also, I looked at last years thread and there were instructions to use 0 for PS+ freebies etc. I see that's missing from the OP this year, did that get scrapped? I personally hope so as the only PS+ or other freebies I include in my backlogs are the ones I actually download/install and really want to play (i.e. things I likely would have bought eventually if it hadn't gone free).

RedFyn

I'm hoping to get through a decent amount of games. I bought a bunch of old games in the last year and now I need to actually play them.

Personal plug but I've thrown together my own platform for completion tracking as didn't like the alternatives; GameBeat. Still working on it so there are kinks. No ads so I get nothing from its use, just throwing it out there.
Seems cool. I registered and will try it out.

I'm in. I'm going to try again for +3 per month this year, though I failed to succeed at that in 2016... hopefully it will go better in 2017.

gaiages

Banned
Quick question, how do we handle games we play and abandon? Do those get a +1 as they're not in the backlog anymore, or just a 0 as a reminder of a bad purchase?

Also, I looked at last years thread and there were instructions to use 0 for PS+ freebies etc. I see that's missing from the OP this year, did that get scrapped? I personally hope so as the only PS+ or other freebies I include in my backlogs are the ones I actually download/install and really want to play (i.e. things I likely would have bought eventually if it hadn't gone free).

I personally remove them from the backlog and it's a net 0. It makes my backloggery score and general backlog look better, but since I didn't beat it I don't count it for the Blitz. I use a separate category for tracking those games.

I guess it may vary person to person, but if I retire a game, I prefer to leave it as 0 (like you said, a reminder of a bad purchase), and save the +1's for games I actually finished. Otherwise I feel like it would be too easy to retire a bunch of games just get back in the positive. The yearly refresh helps mitigate this a bit as well.

Personally, I never really count games from PS+ or Xbox Live as part of my backlog. If I do happen to beat those games, I do add them to the log as bought and completed, but at that point it's a wash in terms of score (+1/-1). I do count games from Humble Bundles though, as I do see those as being "purchased." The handful of games I get from those are most likely to be the kind I end up retiring.

Overall, I think the rules are pretty gray around those items, so it's more of an honor system and just being truthful with yourself.

prophecy0

I'm not sure I can commit to this thread but I wanted to suggest another site for tracking your backlog.

https://www.grouvee.com

I've found Grouvee to have the most intuitive interface out of all of the available options. All of the other sites seem to require a ton of clicks just to change the status of the game, but with Grouvee you can change a game's status quickly and easily.

I'm not sure I can commit to this thread but I wanted to suggest another site for tracking your backlog.

https://www.grouvee.com

I've found Grouvee to have the most intuitive interface out of all of the available options. All of the other sites seem to require a ton of clicks just to change the status of the game, but with Grouvee you can change a game's status quickly and easily.

Just checked it out. Really nice site, and like you said, very quick to navigate. How Long to Beat has always had such sluggish navigation, and I like how this site includes completion times.

The only two things that would put me off using it for now is that it doesn't seem to handle DLC or an episodic games in a friendly way. Even larger expansion packs like in The Witcher 3 don't show up on their own, which can be problematic for tracking purposes. Additionally I could see the history not being very friendly to navigate if you add/complete a lot of games and want to quickly see the total per month or year. Backloggery's memory card helps present at least the yearly data in a more readable away. To be fair though I didn't play with all the filter options. Still neat and definitely feels much more modern in comparison to the typical sites.

Danielsan

I'm in again for this year. I doubt I'll be able to stick with it, but I really want to make a dent in my ever growing backlog, as well as reduce the amount of money I spend on video games in 2017. I honestly have enough games to last me multiple year, and yet I keep on buying new games just to be a part of the conversation. I really want to limit my game purchases to 1 game a month. This thread should give me that extra incentive.

My Backloggery
Clean Slate = 0
Purchased in 2017 = 59
Gifted / Received in 2017 = 8
Beaten in 2017 = 18
Current Score = -49

Finished
  1. Firewatch (Steam)
  2. Odallus: The Dark Call (Steam)
  3. Oxenfree (Steam)
  4. Sine Mora (Steam)
  5. Samorost 2 (Steam)
  6. SOMA (GOG)
  7. Poker Night at the Inventory (Steam)
  8. BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Steam)
  9. Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (3DS)
  10. Resident Evil 7 biohazard (Steam)
  11. Lords of the Fallen (Steam)
  12. Super Hot (Steam)
  13. Axiom Verge (Steam)
  14. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
  15. Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
  16. Disney's Aladdin
  17. Super Mario Sunshine
  18. Fire Emblem
Bought
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)
  • Xcom 2 Steam / Humble Bundle)
  • Steamworld Heist (Steam / Humble Bundle)
  • Ryse: Son of Rome (Steam / Humble Bundle)
  • Ace Combat Assault Horizon (Steam / Humble Bundle)
  • Resident Evil 7 (Steam)
  • Gravity Rush Remastered
  • Super Hot (Steam / Bundle)
  • Lords of the Fallen (Steam / Bundle)
  • Dirt 3 (Steam / Bundle)
  • Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (Steam)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
  • Nier: Automata (Steam)
  • Rain World (Steam)
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris (Switch)
  • Persona 5 (PS4)
  • Hollow Knight (Steam)
  • Tekken 7 (PS4 / Steam)
  • Soul Calibur V (PS3)
  • Marvel VS. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (PS3)
  • Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3)
  • The Last Blade 2 (PS4)
  • Yakuza 0
  • Luigi's Mansion (Gamecube)
  • F-Zero GX (Gamecube)
  • Skies of Arcadia (Gamecube)
  • Pikmin (Gamecube)
  • Billy Hatcher & the Giant Egg (Gamecube)
  • P.N.03 (Gamecube)
  • Viewtiful Joe (Gamecube)
  • Star Fox Adventures (Gamecube)
  • Wario World (Gamecube)
  • WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$! (Gamecube)
  • Wave Race: Blue Storm (Gamecube)
  • Lost Kingdoms (Gamecube)
  • Donkey Konga 2 (Gamecube)
  • Rogue Squadron 3 (Gamecube)
  • Super Monkey Ball (Gamecube)
  • Distast Day of Crisis (Wii)
  • Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
  • Game & Wario (Wii U)
  • Ghoul Patrol (SNES)
  • Kirby's Super Star Saga ((SNES)
  • Earth Defense Force (SNES)
  • Advance Wars: Dark Conflict (DS)
  • Advance Wars (GBA)
  • Golden Sun: The Lost Age (GBA)
  • Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga (GBA)
  • Wario Land 4 (GBA)
  • Haunting Ground (PS2)
  • Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP)
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PSP)
  • Metal Gear Acid (PSP)
  • Killzone: Liberation (PSP)
  • Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (PSP)
  • Final Fantasy: The War of the Lions (PSP)
  • Etrian: Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan (3DS)
Gifted
  • Hexcells Complete
  • Day of the Tentacle Remastered
  • Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
  • Subnautica
  • Stardew Valley
  • FEAR 3
  • Tropico 4
  • Chroma Squad
Currently playing
  • Fire Emblem
  • Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest