• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 FIFA Confederations Cup | OT | 17 June – 2 July 2017 | Putin on a show

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It was a simple mistake. You weren't able to put another in the rest of the match, lol. And then you hug the ball in fear. Nice.

Great for Chile, guys attacked the whole 90+ minutes.
Do you really want to compare player behaviour in this match?

Is this the first time you watch football? Teams complain a fuck tone, VAR or not.

And there is a very easy solution for that. Make it a limited number of complains that can be checked per team per half.

First football game you watched in your lifetime?

I watch Bundesliga every week and the complaining and whining is already hard to tolerate. But this is a whole new level and it's disgraceful trying to influence the referee like that.

Fbh

Congrats Germany.

Sadly, this is the Chile I have been seeing for a long time. Not a bad team at all but one that just can't score. Unfortunately for Chile the team with the most goals wins, not the one with the most goal chances.

It's why their last 2 finals they won with penalties and even in the world cup they were eliminated with penalties. In hard matches it seems like the best they can hope for is to not score less than the other team.

Glad we won but this game was nasty. What Emre did was hilarious and idiotic as fuck but to be fair Chile should have seen red earlier for their shit like that one clear elbow to the face

Germany A is enjoying the vacation sun.
Germany B won Confederations
Germany U-21 won the UEFA U-21 Championship

Good for them. Chile played very dirty. My tipping point was that elbow that should've been red and when the ref erroneously takes only the yellow the Chilean player even has the balls to protest!!!

Black_Red

Well, first time I see my country lose a final =/

Still, the faith is intact for the world cup next gear (I still cant believe those misses, special the last one when Puch stole the ball from Ter Stegen and the Diaz mistake :( )

Congrats Germany.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Germany was totally outplayed, but Germany doesn't spare you if you make dumb mistakes no matter if it's A, B or 10 years old playing for them.

Chile created a lot of chances but was unable to score and had an awful defence.

So both hyperbolic reactions (OMG! Germany B beat you / OMG! how pathetic was that win) are unwarranted.

Dinda

Great Game and win guys. Especially this very hard final will be very important in the further development for these guys.

And Werner is finally the Striker we haven't had in the last Years.

Let's see if it doesn't happen to Chile what happened to the 1994 WC Colombian generation where once those retired the country disappeared from the sport until 2014. Chile must retain this level.

Germany fair winners.

Congrats to Germany. You scored when you had the chance and we missed so many opportunities so in the end, you deserved this.

Welp, back to the eliminatories.

Good for them. Chile played very dirty. My tipping point was that elbow that should've been red and when the ref erroneously takes only the yellow the Chilean player even has the balls to protest!!!
Maybe he was complaining that yellow was too low.
;)

denx

That dumb mistake is gonna haunt Diaz for a long time.

I try to be optimistic, but I sorta predicted something like this would happen. Chile plays very fast at the start and creates a lot of goal opportunities, Chile wastes all their goal chances, they lose steam, they end up drawing or losing. *sigh*

Robaperas

Fouls Committed
CHI

GER
That elbow to the face was obviously a straight red, but Germany team wasn't that clean, lots of tactical fouls.

_____

Chile with a decent striker up front could aspire to bigger things.

Congrats to Germany for a hard fought win.

Ostinatto

Our honor is intact, we attacked the whole match, Diaz OG was our only unlucky mistake, Too Many Missed Opportunities by Chile and Germany has an increidble deffensive tactic.

Congratz Germany GAF.

VAR is fine and works, but the standard of refereeing ruins it. The referee today had a horrible game irrespective of VAR. Hell, he was helped by VAR and still made the wrong decision.

Altairre

Germany was totally outplayed, but Germany doesn't spare you if you make dumb mistakes no matter if it's A, B or 10 years old playing for them.

Chile created a lot of chances but was unable to score and had an awful defence.

So both hyperbolic reactions (OMG! Germany B beat you / OMG! how pathetic was that win) are unwarranted.

As a German I agree with you. I maybe wouldn't go as far as to say "totally outplayed" but we were really bad at handling Chile's pressing and couldn't play an accurate pass to save our lives even when we had the space for it (save for very few exceptions). It's indicative that the goal was the result of a huge fuck up even though it wasn't the only opportunity we had. That being said, the elbow was a clear red, absolutely no question about it.

I'm definitely happy for the team, should be a nice confidence boost a year before the actual tournament. It's awesome to see that we have so many talented young players.

Zasa

Results of what? Fifa rankings?

I'd take Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Brazil or Argentina over Chile in any serious competition.

You have some very good players but not top 5 good.
I mean, do those last two Copa Americas's not count all of a sudden? & recent WC qualifiers form?

What have Argentina done to deserve that spot over Chile? lol.

Cant imagine you even watch South American football to come to that conclusion. Unless of course you're basing this on the quality of players on paper.

Let's see if it doesn't happen to Chile what happened to the 1994 WC Colombian generation where once those retired the country disappeared from the sport until 2014. Chile must retain this level.

I'm pretty sure that's what will happen. Sadly, this "golden generation" is not a product of a serious work, but just "luck", we got a good amount of great players with a "winning mentality" at the same time and that's it.

The work itself with these players has been great (fantastic coach selection, except for Borghi), but sadly, nothing has been done with with our kids.

I really hope to be proven wrong in the future, anyways.

Anyways, don't bury this generation that early. They still have a couple of years ahead playing at great level :)

Lol, what? Chile is still a top 3 team, don't fool yourself
Chile more than not will beat this German B squad but it wasn't their day today.

Chile are not top 3 in the world, top 10 for sure. Maybe barely out of top 5 I would say. Anyways, FIFA rankings mostly mean nothing and everyone knows that.

Chile just are not on the same level as an A squad Germany, Italy, Brazil, Spain, France.

mavo

Banned
Germany on its last two games 41.5% possession and 45 shots against (20 today, 25 on thursday), yet they only received one goal, crazy.

Zasa

Chile more than not will beat this German B squad but it wasn't their day today.

Chile are not top 3 in the world, top 10 for sure. Maybe barely out of top 5 I would say. Anyways, FIFA rankings mostly mean nothing and everyone knows that.

Chile just are not on the same level as an A squad Germany, Italy, Brazil, Spain, France.
I'm not even basing that off FIFA rankings, just general form going into the WC. Top 3 is a stretch, sure, but I'd say top 5 considering we actually have something substantial to back the placing unlike Italy, Argentina, Spain, etc

Top Bottom