• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2018 Console Screenshot Thread (READ RULES IN OP!)

BatSu

INTRODUCTION

Welcome, everyone! It's another year, and that means another console screenshot thread.

GOW-OG-image.jpg

*****THREAD RULES***** READ BEFORE POSTING

1. PS4/Pro, XB1/Scorpio, Nintendo Switch, and Wii U images only.

2. Two screenshots per post, and two consecutive posts allowed.

3. No triple posting.

4. Put the name of the game and the console you took the shots on in the title.

5. Type "Photomode" in the title of any post that you put screenshots from a game's photomode into.

6. Do not post major plot points from games released in the last 2 months.

7. Screenshots must be 1080p if they're from PS4 or Xbox One, and 720p or 1080p if they're from Wii U. While 4K images are allowed, you are highly encouraged to take 1080p screenshots instead.

SUGGESTED HOSTS

http://abload.de/

http://flickr.com/

Last edited:

pawel86ck

Banned
Gears Of War 3 / Xbox X
26c1c0ce-60d8-45d6-a268-8d2cf01b24dc.png

Game looks amazing at 4K, I really hope the remaining gears of war games will get similar 4K patch as well.

pawel86ck

Banned
Rise Of The Tomb Raider / Xbox X

5d9e91b4-56d4-47c2-9085-4a06db42a2e2.png

I've been replaying Gears 2 in the last couple of days on Xbox360.
Gears of war 1 and 2 both looks amazing on xbox 360, but gears of war 3 is something else, that game is clearly on another level :p. People say the last of us was the best looking game on PS3/xbox360 generation, but to me gears of war 3 was the best looking game on entire generation. I'm really happy xbox X runs BC games so well, but I wish microsoft would enable xbox 360 gamepad support on xbox X. Xbox X gamepad is different compared to xbox 360 (I prefer playing gears of war on xbox 360 gamepad)

Last edited:

Storm1672

Neo Member
mind if I ask how you got the game early? Oh, how is it?
I'm a reviewer. Game is great. Reviews embargo was lifted on Jan 30th.
I loved the original and this is exactly like that with all the latest tech graphics. Though, not much else is added (ok, there's Photo Mode), which feels like a wasted opportunity somewhat.

pawel86ck

Banned
Uncharted 4 - PS4P

I though Rise Of The Tomb Raider looks great, but Uncharted 4 has no competition. It's funny, because many PC guys always say PC has the best graphics, yet even Unreal Engine 4 tech demos on my 1080ti doesnt impressed me nearly as much.

image.png

Last edited:

makaveli60

Uncharted 4 - PS4P

I though Rise Of The Tomb Raider looks great, but Uncharted 4 has no competition. It's funny, because many PC guys always say PC has the best graphics, yet even Unreal Engine 4 tech demos on my 1080ti doesnt impressed me nearly as much.

image.png
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I'm yet to see a playable game that looks as good as UC4, Order 1886, Horizon or Driveclub on PC. I'm sure they would look better on highend PCs if such versions of these games existed but they don't and it's funny when they can't admit that there are no better looking games because it would shatter their view. To be honest, I don't understand the hype around ROTR's graphics, I think it's rather ugly with lots of jaggies. Anyway, It is impressive that such a small machine that I bought 4 years ago for $400 can render such graphics (although I feel the generational leap could have been bigger).

Last edited:

pawel86ck

Banned
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I'm yet to see a playable game that looks as good as UC4, Order 1886, Horizon or Driveclub on PC. I'm sure they would look better on highend PCs if such versions of these games existed but they don't and it's funny when they can't admit that there are no better looking games because it would shatter their view. To be honest, I don't understand the hype around ROTR's graphics, I think it's rather ugly with lots of jaggies. Anyway, It is impressive that such a small machine that I bought 4 years ago for $400 can render such graphics (although I feel the generational leap could have been bigger).
Uncharted 4 has no competition, but Rise Of The Tomb Raider also looks amazing on my PC and xbox X, great texters with POM and tessellation, beautiful landscapes. Havent you seen my screenthots from ROTRR few post before? When it comes to PS4, that console was faster compared to PS3, but not nearly as much as PS3 compared to PS2. On top of that games on PS3/x360 generation was already fairly detailed, and it's not so easy anymore to show huge differences between fairly detailed game and ultra detailed game even on much faster hardware

Personally I would rather see more games on xbox one/PS4 generation, than new rushed PS5 with 10 tflops. I think new PS5 generation should have at least 20 tflops and much faster CPU than ryzen.

Uncharted 4 - PS4P

a11.png

a12.png

Top Bottom