• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2018 Console Screenshot Thread (READ RULES IN OP!)

pawel86ck

Banned
Uncharted 4 - PS4P

a13.png

a11.png

I dont know how far I'm into the game, but I really like it. After Uncharted 4 I will play uncharted the lost legacy.

makaveli60

Uncharted 4 has no competition, but Rise Of The Tomb Raider also looks amazing on my PC and xbox X, great texters with POM and tessellation, beautiful landscapes. Havent you seen my screenthots from ROTRR few post before? When it comes to PS4, that console was faster compared to PS3, but not nearly as much as PS3 compared to PS2. On top of that games on PS3/x360 generation was already fairly detailed, and it's not so easy anymore to show huge differences between fairly detailed game and ultra detailed game even on much faster hardware

Personally I would rather see more games on xbox one/PS4 generation, than new rushed PS5 with 10 tflops. I think new PS5 generation should have at least 20 tflops and much faster CPU than ryzen.

Uncharted 4 - PS4P

a11.png

a12.png
I fully agree with your last paragraph, and I still feel we will see amazing things this generation.

You ROTR pics look good, and I only played it on PS4, so maybe that's the reason for my opinion, but when I played it, it didn't look exceptional and the horrible jaggies kill the most beatiful graphics for me anyway (and it had a lot of jaggies). I can also understand your opinion about the generational leap, and I know that, but what I was thinking was that I wanted more games to look like the order 1886 for example, and this generation seems to be not powerful enough to provide such graphics often. Although the reason for that is more because most of the games nowadays are open-world(ish) or linear games that target 60fps (which still look spectacular, like Doom or CoD WWII). I would like more linear games with a 30fps target, I think that would change this feeling that the generational leap is not that big this time.

pawel86ck

Banned
I fully agree with your last paragraph, and I still feel we will see amazing things this generation.

You ROTR pics look good, and I only played it on PS4, so maybe that's the reason for my opinion, but when I played it, it didn't look exceptional and the horrible jaggies kill the most beatiful graphics for me anyway (and it had a lot of jaggies). I can also understand your opinion about the generational leap, and I know that, but what I was thinking was that I wanted more games to look like the order 1886 for example, and this generation seems to be not powerful enough to provide such graphics often. Although the reason for that is more because most of the games nowadays are open-world(ish) or linear games that target 60fps (which still look spectacular, like Doom or CoD WWII). I would like more linear games with a 30fps target, I think that would change this feeling that the generational leap is not that big this time.
There's no visible jaggies on xbox X at 4K, and even with 4K checkerboarded enriched mode. Below you can see my all xbox X screenshots from Rise Of The Tomb Raider, just click "game" button on the right and select rise of the tomb raider filtering. Most screenshots are downsampled to 1080p, but some also at 4K, it depends on what TV I was playing, I have GT60 fullHD plasma and 4K SONY LCD x9305

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/pawel86ck/screenshots/1046363979

Horizon - PS4P

Open world game, but still looks great

image.png

makaveli60

There's no visible jaggies on xbox X at 4K, and even with 4K checkerboarded enriched mode. Below you can see my all xbox X screenshots from Rise Of The Tomb Raider, just click "game" button on the right and select rise of the tomb raider filtering. Most screenshots are downsampled to 1080p, but some also at 4K, it depends on what TV I was playing, I have GT60 fullHD plasma and 4K SONY LCD x9305

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/pawel86ck/screenshots/1046363979

Horizon - PS4P

Open world game, but still looks great

image.png
Yeah, they are clear, but the main problem is with temporal aliasing(shimmering) which can't be seen on pics, only when the game is running. And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that what you say is not true because I haven't seen it running on the X.

Last edited:

pawel86ck

Banned
Yeah, they are clear, but the main problem is with temporal aliasing(shimmering) which can't be seen on pics, only when the game is running. And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that what you say is not true because I haven't seen it running on the X.
Compared to PS4P Xbox X version use different AA (it was mentioned in xbox X patch), HDR, and higher texture resolution.

Gears Of War 3 - Xbox X

1ab427c9-18c8-45ce-bdde-32a05f598d2c.png

a6e88493-0daf-409a-a5a4-376e46bdf577.png

Last edited:

pawel86ck

Banned
Order 1886 - PS4

Does this game benefits from PS4pro in any way?
I dont think so, although theoretically PS4P should ensure locked 30fps all the time no matter what. It would be great to see The Order PRO patch (and the same with drive club and many other standard PS4 games)

The Order / Standard PS4 game on PS4P
a22.png

BTW- the order is very strange game, I spend more time looking at it, than playing it :D, but amazing experience eitherway.

Last edited:
dang the x1x shots of AC origins look much sharper than the PS4, like a generation apart.

Anyways here is some Rogue X1X shots. Not nearly on the level of Origins, but impressive for a 360 game
ty2Bk4m.jpg
o9JA1yE.jpg

Juras

how do you take this shots without hud ect
HUD and dmg numbers can be disabled via options. Unfortunately not working for palico/other players names, system messages (trigerable buffs, palico's conversations, etc) and onscreen button guide for harvestable spots , so to keep screen clean as much as possible, play solo without triggerable skills.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monster Hunter World
PlayStation 4

yOhjCQb.png
olec4KP.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom