• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2018 NFL Conference Championships - Defense is Dead

Hobbesian

Banned
What does passing "Outside the Numbers" mean?

I can't find anything Googling. They keep using this idiom and it's annoying me.

I'm assuming it either means passing to Receivers outside their player jersey numbers or making passes outside the numbers on the field towards the sidelines.

Dthomp

Really wanted a Saints/Pats SB with Drew going over. Now I hope for a Patriots massacre of LA. I want to shut the game off at halftime bad

Dthomp

The possession each rule is much better.

Also, KC should have used a timeout on one of those third downs to get their DLine some rest. It's Overtime, you don't need to hang on to those timeouts.

Yup somebody on the KC coaching staff should have burned one or even two over that drive. Their guys were gassed. Somebody needs to tell Andy Reid that in the postseason it’s not as easy to just outgun the other team. Need a complete game

Yup somebody on the KC coaching staff should have burned one or even two over that drive. Their guys were gassed. Somebody needs to tell Andy Reid that in the postseason it’s not as easy to just outgun the other team. Need a complete game

Andy Reid and his infamous TO usage or non-usage

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
l7JWYWE.jpg

We can't let him get 6 rings. If he does he can destroy half the population of the universe with the snap of his fingers.

I agree that the NFL overtime rule is dumb.

It is, but let's be honest. KC's secondary is just trash and the costly brain fart of someone lining up offsides at a third and long on Brady's last drive at the end of the 4th to give em the lead lost that game.

It was really pretty amazing for KC to come back and score a FG under a minute.

LA/Pats was the least desirable match-up.

Indeed, what's even worse is the overzealous Rams fans at Mercedes at the end of the game that they kept showing for some odd reason.

My Patriots fan friend just dropped over $3k on a Super Bowl ticket.

your friend just bought a 3k$ headache with the ATL airport security line and metro public transportation.

wheres he staying? i live in the metro area, if he pays enough ill convince my wife to live with the inlaws for the weekend.

Last edited:

bigedole

That will definitely be up there in lists of all-time worst missed calls. Sometimes you worry PI calls are ticky tack, but that was just awful. Feel really bad for NO to have their season end this way. There were other ways to put the game away, but man that is awful. NE and KC lived up to the hype, great game to watch. I think I still want the Rams to win on principle, but ultimately just hope the SB is a good game that is low on this kind of drama...

why does it feel like there are bonehead referee calls every year lately that come at the most inopportune gaming deciding times...

have refs been getting fired at all in the last few years?

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
your friend just bought a 3k$ headache with the ATL airport security line and metro public transportation.

wheres he staying? i live in the metro area, if he pays enough ill convince my wife to live with the inlaws for the weekend.

I don't think he has any plans yet other then "I just bought a stupidly expensive ticket because I was hyped up by the win". It's a 12 hour drive so he's going to do that. I don't think he has any hotel plans yet. Maybe he can grab a place on the drive back further away from the city. Whatever he does it's going to be a mess going to and leaving.

I don't think he has any plans yet other then "I just bought a stupidly expensive ticket because I was hyped up by the win". It's a 12 hour drive so he's going to do that. I don't think he has any hotel plans yet. Maybe he can grab a place on the drive back further away from the city. Whatever he does it's going to be a mess going to and leaving.

hahah dayam. thats one way to do it.

greyshark

Thinking about this today and an old thought came to mind - what if for the playoffs Overtime was just another quarter? Play another 15 minutes and whoever is ahead at the end wins? It would eliminate the "whoever wins the toss wins the game" effect, and it'd be more like traditional football where you play until the clock runs out.

Sudden death maybe made more sense when points were a lot harder to come by, but in today's NFL you've got to give both offenses a shot. I feel like our current OT rules are a stopgap measure.

Dthomp

Apparently the someone from the NFL called Sean Payton and confirmed that multiple penalties should have been called on this. PI, helmet to helmet

What a bunch of shit. Hey sorry that you aren’t going to the SB after we fucked up, our bad.

Top Bottom