2018 USA midterm elections: predictions thread

May 17, 2018
Oct 24, 2017
Whew! I voted! Place was pretty busy!
That is also a great side effect with so much difference between the parties. But for the most times in history this is helping the right or nationalistic side at first. Kind of how 2016 went. This time it could be different but who knows.

So in how many hours does this start?

May 17, 2018
That is also a great side effect with so much difference between the parties. But for the most times in history this is helping the right or nationalistic side at first. Kind of how 2016 went. This time it could be different but who knows.

More people voting is always better no matter the outcome.
No more "yeah the majority didn't wanted this anyway" talk.

2 hours and 15 mins until the fist polls close.
Maybe an hour more for some projections.

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Been in line for about 20 minutes now, looks like it will be another 40 minutes. Lots of people here.

Sep 4, 2018
the voting areas themselves no way, they are held in churches, schools, libraries, public areas. there are too many people here, too many locations to cover, to provide free stuff. in America we do not have heavily invested public areas cos it is all individualistic and rah rah private property. so we have to use voting machines made by crooked private companies, which are easily hackable. in fact a friend of mine bought a Diebold machine at a hacker convention recently. it's the machines, a couple of folding chairs and tables, and maybe air conditioning. you get a sticker, that's about it. capitalism is all about being cheap as shit at the expense of the public, so this is how we run elections.

tbh i feel like Dems have a good shot at getting the House but i think the Senate will hold. record people seem to be turning out, and if anything it was people staying home that did it in for Hillary. people stayed home in large part because she was a uniquely horrible candidate, something not factoring in so much tonight. people seem pretty fired up, which is good for Dems. usually Republicans sweep up during midterms because only the old voters show up. this seems to not be the case today, but we shall see...

my only fear is that the media will ignore the role the grassroots left played in any success, and instead attribute it to their own unceasing coverage of Trump. if Democrats pull out a win it will be because of this authentic left energy. because of ideas like Medicare For All and candidates like Cortez. they must need tap into the left if they are going to mount a challenge in 2020.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018
No idea what will happen, but it would seem crazy to me that a populace isn't going to vote strongly for a party that is giving them the lowest unemployment rate in history plus strong wage growth. So do people NOT want to have more jobs and more money?
you can have the trains run on time without all the authoritarian shit that goes with that brah

Mihos

Gold Member
May 10, 2009
steamcommunity.com
Mom voted democrat with a hand full of republicans. I told her "expect less presents this year at the tree" We both looked at each other and laughed. Politics isn't all that important to us. It won't divide my family, that is for sure.
That, and especially in house seats, it is a lot more nuanced. Voting just because of D or an R st that level is stupid. A lot of them switch parties, some are just straight up unqualified

Mar 3, 2014
There's no electoral college for the midterms.

Going to be close but dems will take the house and senate.
But it isn't a national election, so the electoral college is baked in. Majority control will be decided district by district and state by state, not by national popular vote. Dems are running unopposed in 39 house districts, the GOP in 3. So many meaningless votes.

Last edited: