• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2019 gaming challenge - 52 Games in 1 Year - You can do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game 52.: The House in Fata Morgana -Dreams of the Revenants Edition--
14hrs. 35 mins. 24 out of 25 Points.

chPGsN5.jpg

IKSTUGA

33. Quantum Break, 8/10
It was surprisingly good, but I'm glad I didn't have to pay anything for it lol. There was just way too much walking and cutscenes. Story was also not that interesting. Gameplay was the clear winner here, but there wasn't enough of it. Visuals were amazing.
34. Vampyr, 9/10
Wow, really don't get the poor reviews. The story got me hooked right from the start. Got the worst ending, because sucking blood turned out to be quite fun. Never knew I was into vampires this much...

35. Super Lucky's Tale, 8.5/10
Sweet little platformer. Quite creative.

Seriously, Game Pass is such a gold mine...

Last edited:

BurstZyn

28. Watch Dogs (Xbone):
Story:
Aiden Pearce, hacker thief, gets his life turned upside down, Fresh prince style, when a heist goes wrong and gets his niece killed in a hit made for him. Months later (I think) his sister and nephew try to live a normal life grieving for their loss. Aiden finds another way to deal with the loss by hunting the person that called the hit, as he climbs the ladder of the criminal underground as "The Vigilante".
Gameplay: Shoot your way through enemy hordes, or stealthily sneak around using your phone to hack vehicles, enemy phones, and etc. Several guns and several neat gadgets help you progress, allowing you to even cause a blackout in the whole area blinding enemies and disrupting their technology.
Art style/ Music: The music gets pretty good at times, nothing super memorable though.
Gripes: Aiden is such a boring character to play as, and it really shows when he surrounded by even more interesting characters such as Jordi and T-Bone. He also plenty of weird and stupid decisions. It's honestly more of just an average game, that it had a hard time holding my interest in several parts of the game.
Additional Info: To be more positive about the game... it's not that bad! I went in with very low expectations from what I remember hearing about the disappointing rants surrounding it. Now the complains still hold true (the ones I remember hearing at least), but honestly when this game isn't boring me it has some cool stuff to it. It plays fine (besides the driving) and it can be really cool when you have your profiler out and see people's occupation, hobbies, incomes, and age. For ex. I saw a Museum curator whose hobby was to make frequent purchases of Hentai, which i just found hilarious. It's really hard to find 2 of the same with the profiler, unless you keep it out frequently unfortunately. It's also pretty fun how you can get through most of the game, without having to kill people and just using the environment around you to do the work for you. In the end, i would say the game is worth a rental if it peaks your interest. It's not a bad game, just average at best.
Score: 3/5

29. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (Xbox 360)
Story:
Taking place shortly after the previous game, you resume the role of Captain Scott Mitchell, once leading your Ghosts against terrorists residing in Mexico as they try to use stolen nuclear missiles against the U.S.
Gameplay: The game takes the controls from the first game and build upon them mostly for the better. You can now view through the camera of your controlled comrades, which is nice to get them to specific points and enemies.
Art Style/ Music: The music is awesome, especially during combat as it amps up
Gripes: Now as this game is an improvement over the previous entry, it has its fair share of problems. Several, several bugs and even the game crashing on me (not to bad of gripe tho.) Your units sometimes don't listen to you, or they'll stop for no reason, and they'll keep complaining for no damn reason. For example there was one mission where i was entering broken debris and my team was following constantly saying "Can't move forward" "Can't Proceed, Captain!" and bunch of other shit, while they were still following me.
Additional Info: Besides all that the game was enjoyable and worth a shot,. Not really a gripe, but the writing is so action-hero it's hilarious. I would say get this game if you can find it for like $5

30. Gears of War 2: Road to Ruin (Xbox 360):
Story:
Join Marcus and Dom in a little deleted scene that takes place towards the end of the Gears of War 2 campaign
Gameplay: Plays just like GoW 2, but what makes this DLC different is that you can either go guns blazing OR take the stealth approach
Art Style/ Music: N/A
Gripes:
Is on the short side, took my brother and I less than 45 minutes to complete
Additional Info: Fun lil scene that adds some new gameplay to differentiate itself from the usual style of the series
Score: 4/5

31. Metal Slug Anthology: Metal Slug (PS2):
Story:
I'm not really sure what's goin on with the story here, all i know is that this game is sickkkk
Gameplay: Old school run and gun madness that's fun as shit especially if you have a cooperative partner to join you for the fun
Art Style/ Music: The art style is still fucking incredible to this day, I remember playing these games in the arcades and being distracted by all the amazing details, crazy enemy death animations and just everything popping up on the screen
Gripes: The only thing thats keeping me from giving this particular game 5 stars is because I played the emulated version of the Anthology on PS4, and this version of the game has so many damn hiccups and input lag which can really mess you up in a game where one shot equals death
Additional Info:

I haven't compiled a list of what I played in a single year and haven't opened this thread until today. Goodbye Saturday afternoon. What's that? Weekends are for going out and making new friends and seeing new things? Sorry, I need to make a list accounting how much time I've wasted this year and telling people my opinions about the games I played. I can mow the lawn and clean the car tomorrow.

Finished (content that I've seen all I need to see or finished the game, but may not have 100% completed)
Working On
Abandoned (either I suck or it sucked, or both)

1: Snipperclips: Switch: 6 hours
8/10 Impossible not to have fun with this game.

2: Golf Story: Switch: 20 hours
7/10 First game finished in 2019, really great little game. Golf mechanics aren't great but good enough.

3: Forza Horizon 4: PC: 450 hours in 2019.
9/10 Easily my current favorite racer. All "story" races complete, still working on achievements.

4: The Stanley Parable: PC: 4 hours.
7/10 Great for what it is. Never found 100% of the endings but had a lot of fun.

5: Forza Motorsport 7: PC: 360 hours in 2019.
8/10 One of my favorite racers. Mostly playing Forzathon and events. Still working on career (only do extra long races)

6: Just Cause 3: PC: 50 hours.
7/10 Lots of fun to fuck around in. Originally played on Xbone but abandoned before completion. Got on Steam for $5 and finished it. Still go back to blow stuff up.

7: Project Cars 2: PC: 65 hours in 2019.
7/10 Great racer if you're not tired and can give it 100%. Marred by several niggling issues.

8: Beat Hazard: PC: 4 hours.
5/10 Nothing special, but the music based shooter idea was novel. Not sure if this game really "ends"

9: Wreckfest: PC: 20 hours in 2019.
8/10 Always love Bugbears racers. Smashing cars, what else do you want? Like it more since original post.

10: Octodad: Deadliest Catch: 4 hours.
6/10 Pretty hilarious, loved the deliberate broken gameplay. "Finished" the game.

11: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna: Switch: 40 hours.
9/10 Excellent prequel. Loved this as much as the main game.

12: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Switch: 80 hours in 2019.
9.5/10 One of my favorite RPGs ever, probably my favorite since Xenoblade on the Wii.

13: Fallout 4: PC: 400 hours in 2019.
7/10 without mods, 8.5/10 with mods. Most of my time was messing around with mods. Played fully through once in 2019. Have over 2600 hours since launch
:messenger_grinning_sweat:

14: Star Wars: Battlefront: PC: 30 hours in 2019.
6/10 What was there was fun. Looks like Star Wars, fun to play, but very limited.

15: Star Wars Battlefront II: PC: 120 hours in 2019.
7/10 Also limited, but has been improving. Completed Campaign mode, still play other modes. Game has grown on me.

16: Hollow Knight: PC: 40 hours.
5/10 Found the game dragged everything out too much. Lost interest in the game and abandoned it.

17: Retro Game Crunch: PC: 1.5 hours.
6/10 fun little collection of old 8-bit style games. Almost beat Super Clew Land. Last boss is just the worst.

18: Stardew Valley: PC: 90 hours
8/10 Time vampire. Didn't realize I'd dumped 90 hours into this, Jesus Christ.

19: Human Resource Machhine: PC: 3 hours.
8/10 Interesting puzzle game, too bad I'm dumb as a rock and can't complete it.

20: Phantom Dust: PC: 10 hours.
4/10 Very clunky controls. I couldn't get into it and abandoned it.

21: Gear of War 3: Xbone: 15 hours.
6/10 Gears always feels too repetitive to me by the end of the game. I never got into Gears MP so my score doesn't reflect the whole game. Completed Story.

22: Hyperdimension Neptunai Re;Birth 1: 10 hours.
7/10 so far. Forgot about this one, will need to go back and finish it and the others

23: Mushroom 11: PC: 5 hours.
7/10 Fascinating action puzzle game, short but sweet.

24: Gears of War: Judgement: Xbone: 12 hours:
6/10 Just like Gears 3 this started to feel very repetitive by the end. Completed story.

25: Gears of War 4: PC: 15 hours:
7/10 A bit better than Gears 3, but still felt like more of the same. Completed story.

26: Crackdown 3: PC: 54 hours.
8/10 Most fun I've had in a game in a while. Really liked this game.

27: ReCore: PC: 50 hours. 1205/1500 Achievements.
7.5/10 Controls were tight with paddles in use. World was interesting to explore and combat was pretty fun. Much better game than I expected.

28: We Happy Few: PC: 26 hours.
6/10 Lacks polish, becomes repetitive over time. Finished with Arthur, will play other characters later.

29: Ori and the Blind Forest: Xbone: 12 hours.
8.5/10 Really liked this game, the visuals were beautiful.

30: Secret of Mana: SNES: 20 hours.
9/10 (Score likely raised by nostalgia) Played on a Super NT which made it look so much better than the 20" screen I played it on in the 90's. What a great game.

31: Super Lucky's Tale: PC: 10 hours.
7/10 Great little platformer. Clearly catered to kids but I had fun.

32: Goat Simulator: PC: 5 hours.
7/10 Really had fun with this game, didn't expect to.

33: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon: Xbone: 3 hours.
6/10 Plays too stiff, which I suppose was intentional but still rubbed me the wrong way. I can't finish it, I suck.

34: Fallout New Vegas: PC: 33 hours in 2019.
8/10 with mods. Finished only one of several endings in 2019. Have over 1200 hours total since launch

35: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite: PC: 4 hours.
4/10. Fighting mechanics felt so dumbed-down. Just played through the story mode and tried to like the fighting. Didn't really enjoy the fighting and dropped it.

36: Gunstar Heroes: Genesis: 4 hours.
9/10 Super fun shooter with great boss fights. Played on a Mega SG, looks great for it's age. Still a fun game.

37: Metro Exodus: PC: 25 hours.
6.5/10 Decent story, characters never stop talking, lighting is phenomenal. Killed the bear boss by accident Finished story, got good ending.

38: Thumper: PC: 1 hour.
6/10 Not a lot here. Had to abandon, I suck at it so bad.

39: Halo Wars: PC: 10 hours.
6.5/10 "RTS for babies" is harsh, but the game does lack depth. Finished campaign mode

40: Super Mario Party: Switch: 5 hours.
7/10 Hard game to rate. Had a lot of fun, but does that mean it's good? Yes? Outside Monopoly or talking politics, the best way to get your whole family to hate each other.

41: Tales of Zestria: PC: 65 hours
6.5/10 Kind of bare-bones but enjoyable so far.

42: Halo Wars 2: PC: 15 hours.
6.5/10 In some ways better than HW1, but in many ways worse. Finished campaign mode

43: Isolated Warrior: NES: 2 hours
7/10 Good isometric shooter from olden times. I can't beat it, it's too much.

44: West of Loathing: PC: 20 hours.
8/10 It's pretty damned funny, but there's a game here too. RDR2 could learn a few things from WOL. Wild West done right.

45: Dead Rising 4: PC: 48 hours.
6/10 It's not a dead rising game. They could have just called it something else and I may have liked it more

46: Gears 5: PC: 25 hours.
7/10 I actually liked the more open areas. Found exploring more interesting than past Gears titles

47: Poly Bridge: PC: 30 hours
7/10 The physics of the structures are sketchy at best, but it's a fun diversion that can be played in small pieces.

48: Dirt Rally 2.0: PC: 10 hours
8/10 Easily the best Rally Game I've played in years. It's no Top Gear Rally on the N64, but it's really good.

49: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: PC: 30 hours
7/10 Really decent Metroidvania. Visuals are a bit all over the place but it plays well enough.

50. Trailmakers: PC: 61 hours
7/10 Banjo Nuts and bolts 2. Still rough around the edges.

51. Everspace: PC: 55 hours
8/10 Extremely good controls, but repetitive.

52. The Outer Worlds: PC: 45 hours
7/10 Not Fallout New Vegas in space, but not bad.

53. Rage 2: PC: 45 hours
9/10 Really enjoyed just about everything about the game.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Doesn't have to be new games, most of the games I played were either Gamepass, Humble sale or old games. I think I've spent under $150 on games in 2019.
Yeah, I’ve been using it as an excuse to chip into my pile of shame NES and SNES titles. $0 cost.

Kadayi

Banned
21. Lego City: Undercover

Finished, but mopping up to 100% it (because why the F not). Next title to be determined by what the UK temperature stays like as we are in the midst of a major heatwave at present and anything too demanding turns the Rig into a furnace I'd rather not be close to (my planned complete Kingdomcome Deliverance playthrough may get pushed back a bit).

100% ed the above, which was a lot more demanding than I imagined. Still glad I did it. If you are thinking of getting the game my advice would be to concentrate on the main missions firstly then undertake the free play missions, and only then worry about doing the district missions. Once you beat the main game you'll unlock Rex Fury and you'll need to use him in your Robber slot in order to access certain goodies in both the Freeplay and district missions.

IKSTUGA

34. Vampyr, 9/10
Wow, really don't get the poor reviews. The story got me hooked right from the start. Got the worst ending, because sucking blood turned out to be quite fun. Never knew I was into vampires this much...

35. Super Lucky's Tale, 8.5/10
Sweet little platformer. Quite creative.

Seriously, Game Pass is such a gold mine...
36. Picross S2, 9/10
I've played like every version of picross out there and these Switch versions are really good. Hopefully Picross 3D comes to switch at some point as well!

37. Crash N'Sane Trilogy - Crash Bandicoot, 8.5/10
Never beat Crash 1 before, great game. Some of the later levels were pretty frustrating though.

38. Crash N'Sane Trilogy - Crash 2, 9/10
This one I played as a kid and it's objectively even better than the first game. Can't wait to play the third one!

39. Crash N'Sane Trilogy - Crash 3, 8.5/10
Too many gimmicky stages, but overall solid!

40. Bioshock 2, 8.5/10
Never played Bioshock 2 before. It was surprisingly solid. Innovation on the other hand... nowhere to be found.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
100% ed the above, which was a lot more demanding than I imagined. Still glad I did it. If you are thinking of getting the game my advice would be to concentrate on the main missions firstly then undertake the free play missions, and only then worry about doing the district missions. Once you beat the main game you'll unlock Rex Fury and you'll need to use him in your Robber slot in order to access certain goodies in both the Freeplay and district missions.

22. Inside (100%)

This was a bit of replay truth be told as I'd always wanted to revisit it and unlock the secret ending. Mission accomplished (full playthrough mind. I'm not one for half measures). I think it's a pretty neat puzzle game, though I honestly found I had to wack the brightness up considerably to make things out. I really really dig the art style and the lighting model that Play dead use throughout, and there's something just profound about the sense of monumental scale to the environments, even though you're just exploring them in a linear fashion. I think albeit it very distinct titles there's something to the aesthetic that reminds me of Kentucky Route Zero, which I think I'm going to have to get back into relatively soon.

FE0C26186FC17C69F5BA21D6DEB05AE59064BBA9

Next on the playlist, not too sure. I was wanting to get back into KCD now all the DLC is out, but it's gotten quite hot again here and the PC definitely wasn't in the mood for that level of GPU heat (and nor was I). Probably try and shore up a few smaller titles and look at KCD in September once things are a few degrees cooler.

IKSTUGA

36. Picross S2, 9/10
I've played like every version of picross out there and these Switch versions are really good. Hopefully Picross 3D comes to switch at some point as well!

37. Crash N'Sane Trilogy - Crash Bandicoot, 8.5/10
Never beat Crash 1 before, great game. Some of the later levels were pretty frustrating though.

38. Crash N'Sane Trilogy - Crash 2, 9/10
This one I played as a kid and it's objectively even better than the first game. Can't wait to play the third one!

39. Crash N'Sane Trilogy - Crash 3, 8.5/10
Too many gimmicky stages, but overall solid!

40. Bioshock 2, 8.5/10
Never played Bioshock 2 before. It was surprisingly solid. Innovation on the other hand... nowhere to be found.
41. Diablo 3 (XONE), 10/10
This game still holds up really well. The formula is just really addictive even after like 20 playthroughs + countless hours of Adventure mode. Beat it this time with a friend whose never played Diablo before and he enjoyed it so much that he decided to get it for himself too. I've bought this game 4 times now... (360, PS4, PC and XONE) Should probably get the Switch version as well at some point lol.

42. Guacamelee 2, 8.5/10
At times this games is smooth and fucking amazing and at times it's frustrating as hell. Some of the late game battle arenas and platforming sections really hurt this otherwise amazing game.

Last edited:
cVr27Km.png

Judgment

47:54h.
50/50 Side Cases completed, 50 friends befriended, all 4 girlfriends. 58% (...) of the game completed.

To begin with, let's be clear: Judgment IS Yakuza. No Yakuza fan can deny this. It could be called Yakuza Gaiden and nobody would bat an eye. That grants it an almost-automatic 5 star rating from me and I'm not going to go into detail as of why because I do it a minimum of 3 times a year.

This said, plot-wise, Judgment tries to do something different. Yes, there are lots of yakuza in the plot, and the initially simple plot soon devolves in the usual country-wide conspiration. But the tune of the game is different; Judgment takes itself much more seriously than Yakuza, and this is in no small part because of Yagami.

Yagami is pretty much the anti-Kiryu. Instead of being a criminal that wants to play nice, he's a civilian that, while being a good person, is not afraid of dirtying his hands. He's also not the monolithic, invincible brawler Kiryu is: he's a much more fragile, "human" fighter, which has to run away or play smartly instead of relying on being a legendary force of nature. This is reflected in-game with the "mortal wounds" system. Instead of just licking his wounds, you have to play carefully if you don't want to see yourself severely crippled during a fight.

At first I thought Yagami was not really very charismatic compared to Kiryu, but he grows on you. Mostly because his relationships; instead of being a character-driven game, everyone around Yagami is a part of his story. The game is about his interactions with Kaito, Mafuyu, Genda, his friends in the city.... Jugment has a very different "soul" and allows you to see Kamurocho in a different way. Hope to see sequels: more Yakuza is always good, even when it's not Yakuza.

My Score: ★★★★★

4ac5juE.png

Assassin's Creed: Origins

44:59h.
87% of the game completed.

I have to say, I'm not a big Assassin's Creed fan, but this was an absolute joy to play through. Unlike Altair and Ezio, which are respectively an edgyboi and a cheeky asshole, Bayek felt like a real, flawed, but generally nice guy you could relate to. Not to mention that the Egyptian setting is marvelously depicted, not to mention gigantic (I tried to 100% the game but I got humbled by the sheer size of the map and frankly, I want to play other games this year).

I have heard people saying that AC Origins (and Odyssey) is a great game but a "bad" Assassin's Creed. I can understand this feeling - AC Origins feels like an action RPG where stealth is not as important as just muscling, and stats can give you an edge over skill. But hey - I haven't managed to stomach AC Brotherhood and I devoured Origins. If this is the new Assassin's Creed, sign me up.

KiK4xM5.png

Golden Axe (SEGA AGES)

2h
-ish, of which I spent like 30 min gnawing at the controller without realizing Death Bringer's skeletons are invincible.

This is the original Dark Souls. Enemies try to circle you and look for your back. I wouldn't have been able to finish it if it wasn't for the blessed rewind function. I can't in good conscience score this - it's a relic of ages past.

Also, I really thought the Thieves were Squirrels. For me this was bigger than the Super Mario bushcloud reveal.

My Score: N/S

Original Post

Last edited:

IKSTUGA

41. Diablo 3 (XONE), 10/10
This game still holds up really well. The formula is just really addictive even after like 20 playthroughs + countless hours of Adventure mode. Beat it this time with a friend whose never played Diablo before and he enjoyed it so much that he decided to get it for himself too. I've bought this game 4 times now... (360, PS4, PC and XONE) Should probably get the Switch version as well at some point lol.

42. Guacamelee 2, 8.5/10
At times this games is smooth and fucking amazing and at times it's frustrating as hell. Some of the late game battle arenas and platforming sections really hurt this otherwise amazing game.
43. Fire Emblem: Three Houses, 10/10
What a great year, another masterpiece comes from Japan. I just love everything about this game, never played FE before. Currently doing a second run. I have no interest in other games at the moment...

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
iu

Game 27 - Dragon Quest Builders 2 - Nintendo Switch - Completed Aug 16th, 2019
If I fail to complete the challenge this year, I'm going to place the blame squarely on this game. With it's deceptively simple premise and addicting gameplay hook, I sunk almost 90 hours into this title without even realizing that it had been weeks since I had completed another game. While "Minecraft but with Dragon Quest" seems like an accurate description, I really liked the quest-based nature of this game. While there is quite a bit of hand-holding, the game gets pretty great when it really opens up for you to create your own stuff. And while the first Dragon Quest Builders game was a bit of a riff on the first Dragon Quest game, this one is a pretty solid riff on the second game in a lot of ways. Which has me excited for Dragon Quest Builders 3.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
header.jpg

Game 28 - Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition - PC Steam - Completed Aug 17th, 2019
Another play through of Final Fantasy XV. Technically my third time through but the first was at launch and the second was the Pocket Edition a few months ago on the Switch. While the beginning of the game was more or less the same as the first time through, they had made some pretty significant tweaks to the later parts of the game especially chapter 14. I suppose this was the "Royal Edition" tweaks they did to the end of the game but it was a welcome change over the previously very bleak Insomnia level I remember from a few years ago. The game definitely earned it's place and feels right at home as a "numbered" Final Fantasy game, in my opinion. About 30 hours to complete this time around, I still did a lot of side quests so I probably could have shaved about 10 hours off of that easily.

Game 3 (yeah... Project 5.2 is still running :D ) - Assassin's Creed Origins - PC - Main Story completed
All things considered, Origins was the best game of the franchise for me (some older titles - Unity, Syndicate - are missing on my playthrough-palate). I loved the characters, the visuals, the revamped fighting system and the light customization and leveling features. I loved my camel and for the most time the simple mission-design. I really liked the tombs.

I fucking hated the last mission sets. SPOILER:
Who thought, it was a good idea, to let you level up over hours and hours, just to let you play the last hour as a depowered, stripped to the core Aya? Her character was pretty cool, but fuck that barebones shit!

I will return for the two DLC Stories, but I think I need a break of the AssCreed-Formula (*he said and played the first hour of Odyssey again)...

Last edited:
6AmEERW.png

Dragon Quest Builders 2

65h-ish.
Had to stop myself from lollygagging because I wanted to play other games, but I could have sunk twice that easily. I didn't rush at any point though.

I had a bit of an internal debate about giving DQB2 5 stars or 4. Finally I decided on 5 because it's one of the games I've enjoyed the most this year. DQB2 takes everything that made DQB great and expands on it, solving many of the minor quibbles everyone had (limited inventory space, weapons destroying building blocks by mistake. etc) along the way.

If DQB was big, DQB2 is massive, with hundreds of recipes spanning a dozen different subsections. Like the original, it has three main "areas", but there are many more optional zones and "linear" story stages that complete a much more solid storytelling (nothing close to a mainline game, though - but still very enjoyable). Farming, decorating and expanded cooking mechanics give you some extra things to do. Keeping your townies happy will devour hours upon hours of your free time.

The game is a joy to play - why did I almost give it 4 stars then? Because of the camera and, mostly, the controls. While there's nothing wrong per se with them, the controls are finicky to the point of being capricious. If your finger slips for half a millimeter, you will put the block in the wrong place or hit the wrong thing with the hammer. I wanted to throw the controller in frustration more than once, particularly when building roofs.

Still, the game is really, really enjoyable. It's a sandbox game, an action RPG, and a base-building game, all rolled into one. If you're even half interested on one of these genres, or even if you simply like Dragon Quest, give it a go.

Original Post

Last edited:

jshackles

iu

Game 29 - Pokemon Let's Go: Eevee - Nintendo Switch - Completed Aug 22nd, 2019
I've been playing this game off and on for the last couple of months when I didn't really know what else to play. It's actually the first Pokemon game I've ever actually beat, though I think I've played almost all of them. I ended up with Eevee, Pikachu, Charizard, Blastoise, Articuno, and Moltres all around level 60 except Eevee that was level 67. The game had a fun and interested take on the Pokemon Go catching mechanics but blended it well with the traditional RPG gameplay. I think I battled every trainer on the roads and did all of the dungeons to 100%. I didn't fill the Pokedex but I did have 93 pokemons caught by the end of it. Overall a pretty fun game and a classic.

Main Post

44. Battlefield 1 (PS4) - 7/10
Enjoyed the war stories but it should have been longer and more fleshed out. Just as things would get interesting the levels would end and we would move on. It could feel really disjointed at times which didn't work for me as a whole.

45. Hey! Pikmin (3DS) - 7/10
Repetitive but still a fun little game. Looking at the reviews, I think people were more harsh than they needed to be. The game by itself is quite easy but it was unique. My hands do hurt a bit from having to play it with stylus only.

46. Lost Planet 2 (PS3) - 7/10
I played LP 1 years and years ago. I remember enjoying it until the last boss and it left me with sour taste in my mouth. I do remember it being challenging but fun. LP 2 was instead super easy and felt way different from the original. Definitely leans into co-op and it was definitely more fun when I found someone to play with. The story was all over the place and to be honest I have no clue wtf was going on most of the time. Still fun. Will look into 3 sometime soon.

47. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (PS4) - 8/10
I really enjoyed the puzzles in this game. The ending originally pissed me off but after thinking on it I found it to be memorable. Walking speed in these types of games is key and I feel like this one nailed it. Enjoyed my time and it didn't overstay its welcome.

48. Sonic Forces (Switch) - 6/10
Worst Sonic game? Not even close. It is a strange game that seems to be at odds with itself. I think I beat the game in 2 hours, maybe 3. The levels would get interesting and then end. Barely any challenge outside of the final boss. Guess you could chalk it up as a normal modern Sonic game...some good ideas but overall a mess on execution.

49. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Fall of the Foot Clan (Gameboy) - 7/10
Played this when I was young years and years ago but never beat it. Wanted to cross this one off in my head. It's fun but very basic. Not sure if anyone would enjoy it as-is now...but I had the nostalgia of playing it in my younger days. Good effort.

50. Gremlins 2: The New Batch (NES) - 9/10
This game holds up so well. To me this is a forgotten masterpiece. The only thing that lowers the score is how bullshit the game can be in the later levels. Those jumps need to be precise. I could never get past level 4 as a kid but I made it a mission to tackle this game. The music in this game is AMAZING. I love some of the old Sunsoft scores for NES. Great game that everyone should give a go. It's a shame that this will never see a release again.

Last edited:

IKSTUGA

43. Fire Emblem: Three Houses, 10/10
What a great year, another masterpiece comes from Japan. I just love everything about this game, never played FE before. Currently doing a second run. I have no interest in other games at the moment...
44. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, 9,5/10
Man, this game is still badass. Awesome soundtrack and action. Camera is the only reason why I don't give MGR a perfect score. Nanomachines, SON!
45. Diablo 3 (Hardcore)
I'm gonna put Diablo here again. Did a hardcore playthrough this time, wasn't even hard.

Last edited:

Hitch

Neo Member
Games finished so far: 9

January - July

1) Final Fantasy XV

Developed by: Square Enix Business Division 2
Platform: PS4
Time to beat: 41 hours 53 minutes
Rating: 6.5/10

2) PES 2019

Developed by: Konami
Time to beat: 200+ hours

3) Inside

Developed by: Playdead
Platform: Switch
Time to beat: 3 hours 12 minutes
Rating: 7.5/10

4) Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Developed by: WayForward Technologies
Platform: Switch
Time to beat: 10 hours 59 minutes

5) FIFA 19

Developed by: EA Vancouver
Time to beat: 600+ hours

6, 7 & 8) Resident Evil 2

Developed by: Capcom
Platform: PS1
Time to beat: Leon A - 6 hours, Claire A - 5 hours 34 minutes, Leon B - 5 hours 21 minutes
Rating: 9/10

August

9) The Inpatient

Developed by: Supermassive Games
Time to beat: 2 hours 32 minutes
Rating: 6/10

Tenaciousmo

I Have been defeated by a warframe addiction . will try to repent myself next year.

From March to august
12. [✓] Paradigm [PC] 6.2 Hours
Great adventure game I backed a while back that i got around to when I was waiting for the internet company to come by my house. I remember laughing a bunch to most jokes and visual designs. Would recommend to anyone that fancies a nice adventure game.​

13. [✓] Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night [PS4] 12+ hours
Like castlevania syphony of the night ? that's that game. Really enjoyed it.​

14. [✓] Statik [PSVR] 3-4 Hours
I must recommend this to anyone that has a PSVR (or other platform if available) it is an immersive puzzle game centered around your hands and controller being a box that needs to be solved by different inputs related to the environment youre in. Hard selling point but incredibly effective in game.​

15. [✓] Wasteland 2 [PC] 60 ish hours
I have not completed everything but I had my fill of it with a bunch of different endings.​

16. [✓] Gunstar Super heroes [GBA] 1-2 hours
I Had a very slow day at work recently and was able to play this to completion without getting disturbed, great day.​
17. [✓] Katana ZERO [PC] around 4 hours , cant remember, was short tho.
Very short and great game. can't believe i almost missed out on it. one of the must play of the year.​
18. [✓] Rage 2 [PC] some 20ish hours
Sadly one of the most meh games out there. would not recommend unless deeply discounted. It just falls short of being a good game. I still finished it i guess so...​
and some hundreds of hours in Time Vampire: Space Ninja edition. got my nightwave cornered tho, can go back to other games now.
19. [✓] The Surge [PC] 19 Hours.
I've started that game 3 times before finishing it , making it to 3rd area everytime and either had to reboot my PC or it was on PS4. Glad i got around back to it. really good 3D castlevania (because thats what those "souls games" are.) Would Advise to start with dark souls 1 or 3 before going to this one, some of those later enemies are kind of unfair almost. If youre ready for a challenge, great game.​
I will try to play more real games, into The surge, Judgment, and Doom now.​

Last edited:

Ozrimandias

Just revisited this threadto watch the commitment i made, and how i failed so bad.

But i can retake this challenge.....i have zero money to spent on new games. Till FFVII remake and Ciberpunk 2077

jshackles

Just revisited this threadto watch the commitment i made, and how i failed so bad.

But i can retake this challenge.....i have zero money to spent on new games. Till FFVII remake and Ciberpunk 2077
If you have a half-decent PC, the free games being given away from the Epic Game Store this year (at least one a week) might be a good jumping off point. Most of what they've given out so far has been pretty decent. There's also no reason why you couldn't play games you already own that are maybe in your backlog, or to replay games you already have.

It's getting to be pretty late in the year now but the challenge is still totally possible to complete!

IKSTUGA

44. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, 9,5/10
Man, this game is still badass. Awesome soundtrack and action. Camera is the only reason why I don't give MGR a perfect score. Nanomachines, SON!
45. Diablo 3 (Hardcore)
I'm gonna put Diablo here again. Did a hardcore playthrough this time, wasn't even hard.
46. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, 9/10
Classic game remastered, campaign still holds up. Nuke scene was EPIC.

tomiguelk

Neo Member
Wolfenstein: The New Colossus: Liked it more than the first order, and I really liked the first order. Great graphics, well optimized and amazing story. 9/10 for seeing Hittler piss his pants...
Big Update.

3. Yakuza 0, 9/10
Great game, but a little repetitive in it's combat.

4. Rage, 7/10
Better than I thought, great shooting mechanics.

5. Sunset Overdrive 8/10
Mindless fun

6. Red Dead Redemption 2, 9/10
Amazing game, but a little too long for my limited time.

7. Deus Ex Human Revolution, 7/10
Interesting, but I thought it would be better.

8. Bioshock, 9/10
Good gameplay and amazing story.

9. The last of Us, 10/10
Perfection in every sense

10. Castle of Illusion remake, ( This one was with my Kids, so I'm not sure if it counts, they played it more than I did) 8/10
Nostalgia trip, my kids liked it.

11. A Hat in Time,
( also with my kids) 9.5/10
My kids favourite game, and with good reason, the charm is everywere.

12. Titan Quest, 6/10
It gets boring halfway through.

13 Xcom: Enemy Within, 9.5/10
Amazing game, interesting gameplay, never gets stale.

14. Battle Chasers: Night War, 8.5/10
Really liked this one, the story cold be better, but the gameplay is amazing

jshackles

header.jpg

Game 30 - 12 Labours of Hercules VIII: How I Met Megara
There isn't a lot to say about this game that I haven't already said about the first seven games - if you liked them, you'll like number 8. The plot was probably the worst yet, these games make absolutely no sense at all. I enjoy the time management and resource management aspects of these games quite a bit. Like the first games in the series, this game reminds me a lot of the old-school Popcap games - fast paced but run at a super high frame rate. If you're looking for a fun way to waste 6-7 hours, definitely pick one of these games (especially if and when they go on sale for $0.50 each).

Game 53.: RemiLore: Lost Girl in the Lands of Lore
5hrs. 2 mins. 19 out of 25 Points.

cadI4eB.jpg

Game 54.: The Dark Pictures Anthology - Man of Medan
3hrs. 42 mins. 23 out of 25 Points.

kHjlWuG.jpg

jshackles

header.jpg

Game 31 - The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - PC Steam - Completed Sep 3rd, 2019
I was in the mood to play something spooky, and I figured it'd be The Blair Witch since it was on Game Pass. However, I made it to chapter 4 on Blair Witch and encountered a game-breaking bug that wouldn't let me continue. So I decided to pick up Man of Medan because I've been looking forward to it for a while and also because I've generally enjoyed Supermassive Game's Until Dawn-type output the last couple of years. A lot of people are saying this game is a step down from Until Dawn, but I actually enjoyed this game's more tight narrative focus a lot more. The characters weren't as good overall, and technically it wasn't as impressive, but the game came together nicely to (I think) be more than the sum of it's parts. The game had a really great atmosphere and an interesting story premise but a somewhat predictable twist. Overall, I'm now looking forward to their next Dark Pictures game, Little Hope.

BurstZyn

30. Gears of War 2: Road to Ruin (Xbox 360):
Story:
Join Marcus and Dom in a little deleted scene that takes place towards the end of the Gears of War 2 campaign
Gameplay: Plays just like GoW 2, but what makes this DLC different is that you can either go guns blazing OR take the stealth approach
Art Style/ Music: N/A
Gripes:
Is on the short side, took my brother and I less than 45 minutes to complete
Additional Info: Fun lil scene that adds some new gameplay to differentiate itself from the usual style of the series

31. Metal Slug Anthology: Metal Slug (PS2):
Story:
I'm not really sure what's goin on with the story here, all i know is that this game is sickkkk
Gameplay: Old school run and gun madness that's fun as shit especially if you have a cooperative partner to join you for the fun
Art Style/ Music: The art style is still fucking incredible to this day, I remember playing these games in the arcades and being distracted by all the amazing details, crazy enemy death animations and just everything popping up on the screen
Gripes: The only thing thats keeping me from giving this particular game 5 stars is because I played the emulated version of the Anthology on PS4, and this version of the game has so many damn hiccups and input lag which can really mess you up in a game where one shot equals death
Additional Info:

32. Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4):
Story:
The year is 1960 and the Nazis have won World War II. War Hero B.J. Blazkowicz must launch an impossible counter-offensive against the monstrous Nazi regime that has conquered the globe.
Gameplay: The first person shooter Nazi killing series which you can choose to go in guns blazing or take the more stealth approach. The stealth approach is usually more preferred and honestly pretty fun, it's nice to have multiple ways to play the game. And it's awesome that the game awards your playstyle, for when you complete challenges you get passive perks that attune to your way of play!
Art Style/ Music: The music had times where it can be badass as shit, other times it was fine.
Gripes: Fun game but didn't really grab me enough to possibly continue the series.
Additional Info: I would say the game is at least worth a rent or to download off Game Pass and such if possible.

jshackles

We're currently in the 36th month of the year, so if you're shooting for one game a week you should have 36 games completed by now.

(Which means I'm 5 games behind - anyone have some good "short game" recommendations? All these full length RPGs this year are killing me.)

Pantz

Gold Member
I'm around 6 games behind. Working a lot Aug-Oct so progress is slow. Nov-Dec will be crunch time when work season ends.

QtJOTxM.png

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

13h-ish.
Good ending. 88% castle completion. Used a no-spoiler guide to avoid the bad ends.

Bloodstained is a love letter to Castlevania, as it was to be expected. It does some things brilliantly (music [which is particularly good], setting, most of the combat, most boss fights) and some... not so much (Movement feels sluggish, some weapons are way too impractical to use, some bosses are totally anticlimatic). A great example of this is the two-part fight with the true final boss, Dominique and Bael. The first is a rapid, twitchy, unpredictably fun romp, and the second is a boring, protracted affair consisting on dodging three extremely easy to dodge attacks while chipping away at the enormous boss' health pool.

This is the duality of Bloodstained: some parts are extreme fun, and some are extremely boring. The frustration is present, but it's not the "good" kind of frustration you find in games like Sekiro, but the "this is bullshit!" kind of frustration you find in, huh, Castlevania. So, mission accomplished I guess?

I had a lot of fun with the game, hence the score, but it's still a "low" 4-star. A very, very good game that could have been much more. Perhaps a Bloodstained 2 is in order?

My Score: ★★★★

Original Post

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I’m on exactly 36 games so far, but with games like DQXI, Zelda: LA and FFVIII coming up, I’m not sure I’m going to make it.

jshackles

I’m on exactly 36 games so far, but with games like DQXI, Zelda: LA and FFVIII coming up, I’m not sure I’m going to make it.
Cries in Final Fantasy VIII, Oninaki, and Astral Chain all at once

marcincz

Update:

Game 35 - Gears of War 3 (360) - 09h 49m
Beat 18/07/2019 - my score: ★★★

Game 36 -
Gears of War 4 (XBO) - 12h 11m
Beat 24/07/2019 - my score: ★★★

Game 37 - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (XBO) - 09h 27m
Beat 28/07/2019 - my score: ★★★

Game 38 - Truberbrook (PS4) - 06h 29m
Beat 30/07/2019 - my score: ★★

Game 39 - Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix (PS4) - 40h 15m
Beat 17/08/2019 - my score: ★★★

Game 40 -
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded (PS4) - 03h 15m
Beat 18/08/2019 - my score:

Game 41 - Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep: A fragmentary passage (PS4) - 03h 03m
Beat 22/08/2019 - my score:

Game 42 - Sly Cooper And The Thievius Raccoonus (PSV) - 09h 10m
Beat 01/09/2019 - my score: ★★★

Last edited:
3ARxfPT.png

DUSK

15h-ish.
32/33 levels. Semi-completionist run.

Unlike AMID EVIL, DUSK (Why do retro FPS devs capitalize GAME NAMES like that?) is less of a twitch shooter and more of a... survival horror/shooter hybrid? Don't get me wrong; gameplay-wise, if AMID EVIL is Hexen then DUSK is Quake II. Instead of shooting everything that moves until they stop moving, you have to be strategic with your weapons because your ammo is more limited. If you spend your precious hunting rifle or riveter ammo with weak mooks, then you're in for a world of hurt.

DUSK's setting is a mixed bag. The plot is less of an excuse than in AMID EVIL, and the setting is more consistent and inspired, but the more "realistic" level design lacks a certain charm. Also, DUSK fucking loves its darkness. Particularly in Episode 1, you're probably going to have to tweak the fuck out of your gamma settings just so you can see something. God help you in those levels that remove the use of the flashlight temporarily...

In my opinion, DUSK at its best is a better game than AMID EVIL, but it's much more inconsistent. Some levels are a riot, others are a disjointed mess of darkness and shooting at walls. Even with this, it's easily one of the best new FPSs in the market.

My Score: ★★★★☆

Original Post

Last edited:
ngBWyZx.png

Astral Chain

21:07h.
Semi-completionist run. Standard Pt. difficulty.

Astral Chain breaks my heart. It breaks my heart because even though it had great-to-rave reviews, it's going to be skipped by many action game fans because it's on Switch. If it was on PC/PS4 and reached 1080p 60fps, it would be considered one of Platinum's all time greats, on par to Nier Automata or Bayonetta. It's THAT good.

Story and setting-wise, the best way to describe Astral Chain is as a mix of Nier Automata, Evangelion and Appleseed. Particularly the references to Evangelion are everywhere (A secretive paramilitary police that fights monsters from another plane of existence by enslaving some of those monsters and "synchronizing" with them, run by a shadowy scientist with glasses and a penchant from staying behind his desk and looking gloomy?). It never really outgrows this "lol anime" phase, but the story is frankly interesting even if it becomes a "Platinum special" pseudo-fauxlosophical epic a la Nier Automata near the end. On the "minus" side, some of the sidequests love to troll the player (The ice cream one comes to mind...) and the camera is too diligent on trying to keep the MC centered, even if it means keeping the enemies out of focus. But this jank is all part of the Platinum experience! Probably.

Astral Chain is also easy to pick up but hard to master, the combat system might be slower, but it's as flashy and weighty as ever. Might be a tad easier than other Platinum games though, but the difficulty curve is harsh: at first you're going to be decimated by everyone, but if you keep updating your gear and legions, as you gain more abilities and learn to keep with the synchro timing you start mowing down through enemies, even bosses, with relative ease. If you want a challenge, though, there is definitely one. Just set up the difficulty to Ultimate Plat. and prepare yourself for a tough ride.

I picked up Astral Chain on a bit of a whim and it has quickly become one of my GOTYs. I wonder if this can become Platinum new star IP after Bayonetta. Hope it does!

My Score: ✪✪✪✪✪

Original Post

Hitch

Neo Member
Games finished so far: 9

August

9) The Inpatient

Developed by: Supermassive Games
Time to beat: 2 hours 32 minutes
Rating: 6/10

10) Batman: The Telltale Series
Developed by: Telltale Games
Time to beat: 7 hours 16 minutes (Platinum trophy)
Rating: 7/10

September

11) Beyond: Two Souls

Developed by: Quantic Dream
Time to beat: 8 hours 44 minutes

12) Need For Speed

Developed by: Ghost Games
Time to beat: 14 hours 42 minutes

Due to the amount of FIFA I already played this year (never ever got into it before) I have no chance of finishing this...at all.

Last edited:

IKSTUGA

46. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, 9/10
Classic game remastered, campaign still holds up. Nuke scene was EPIC.
47. Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, 8.5/10
Never was a huge CTR fan back in the day, but man, what a great remake. Campaign was fun, had to play on easy though :messenger_sad_relieved:

Last edited:

jshackles

iu

Game 32 - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Nintendo Switch - Completed Sep 21st, 2019
I was right in the middle of a playthrough of Final Fantasy VIII when Link's Awakening came out, and decided to put that on hold for a bit while I played through the newly remastered Game Boy title. I absolutely loved everything about this game, except for the framerate drops. This was a pure nostalgia trip for me, and the fact that Nintendo left all of the dungeons, dialog, and secrets intact from the original game was a huge bonus. The music, which remastered and orchestrated, was absolutely wonderful. The art style is a bit controversial but I really enjoyed the chibi art and tilt-shift camera feel. Overall, I'd say this is an instant classic and the definitive way to play Link's Awakening. I'm really just glad this exists - I hope they decide to remaster other older Zelda games this way.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
iu

Game 32 - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Nintendo Switch - Completed Sep 21st, 2019
I was right in the middle of a playthrough of Final Fantasy VIII when Link's Awakening came out, and decided to put that on hold for a bit while I played through the newly remastered Game Boy title. I absolutely loved everything about this game, except for the framerate drops. This was a pure nostalgia trip for me, and the fact that Nintendo left all of the dungeons, dialog, and secrets intact from the original game was a huge bonus. The music, which remastered and orchestrated, was absolutely wonderful. The art style is a bit controversial but I really enjoyed the chibi art and tilt-shift camera feel. Overall, I'd say this is an instant classic and the definitive way to play Link's Awakening. I'm really just glad this exists - I hope they decide to remaster other older Zelda games this way.
You finished it already?! I probably would’ve too lol, but I’ve had a busy weekend.

I disliked the art style at the first reveal, but as soon as I started playing it, I loved it.

IKSTUGA

47. Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, 8.5/10
Never was a huge CTR fan back in the day, but man, what a great remake. Campaign was fun, had to play on easy though :messenger_sad_relieved:
48. Bayonetta, 9/10
Great stuff all around. I first played this 10 years ago on the 360 and it still plays just as well in 2019 on the Switch. Looking forward to trying the sequel for the first time!

Pb5FeEJ.png

Gears 5

9:57h.
69.77% of the game completed. Intermediate difficulty. I don't play multiplayer.

I was a bit afraid of playing Gears 5, since it got some flak here in GAF because of some bugs and technical issues, and the fact that it can be a bit of a walking simulator through some points of the second Act, but generally I think Gears 5 takes everything Gears of War 4 did right, and improves on it, to the point of being basically a much better game.

This doesn't mean the criticisms don't hold water: they do. It's true that the weapons don't feel weighty, there ARE bugs and glitches, the story is so-so, and there's a certain undercurrent of grrl power which can be a bit cringy sometimes (look at how they massacred my boy JD by making him both ugly, scarred and unlikable), but the cover-and-shoot gameplay is as solid as always and Act 4 might be one of the best levels in the whole history of 3D action. There, I said it.

If you got Game Pass and you are not playing this, why do you even have Game Pass? Otherwise, if you are only interested in the campaign, the game is still very worth it, but you might want to wait for a sale since the story mode is a bit on the short side.

Original Post

fzcqV06.png

TLoZ: Link's Awakening

10h-ish.
All dungeons + Color Dungeon

Even with the new coat of paint, it's hard for Link's Awakening to hide that it's a relic of ages past. The extremely formulaic plot (Collect the 8 Macguffins!) , the no-nonsense pacing... other games smother you in hours of needless padding. Not this game - it's to-the-point from the first minute to the last. Like a 10h-climax, epic from beginning to conclusion.

Still, even so... it sort of peters out towards the end. Mostly because the dungeons become too complex and long, and they tend to drag on. Turtle Rock is a confusing mess and Eagle Tower is just boring. This, together with the very-much-foregone "plot twist", made me lose interest in the game right before the ending.

Why did it get so many great review scores? Well, because Link's Awakening is a perfect game of its time. It was an absolutely bonkers technical milestone in a GameBoy, and I imagine nostalgia plays a factor too. Also, framerrate woes aside, the technical and artistic job is top-notch. Pity the game is so short and they're selling it full-price... for 20€ it would be no-brainer.

My Score: ★★★★

oW2JPWe.png

Mega Mall Story 2

5h-ish
. 5 Star Mall by year 8 or so. All customers "Satisfactions".

At first I thought MMS2 was a return to form for Kairosoft - the beginning of the game is just right. But after some years, the micromanagment aspects start to take over, the difficulty curve crumbles, and the game becomes a simulator of stacking money until you win. It's perfectly possible to have all the game goals completed before the half point of the game - then you basically twiddle your thumbs while the in-game years pass.

I've followed Kairosoft since Game Dev Story and no other mobile dev has more of my money than them, but I'm afraid they've definitely lost their touch. I'm unsure if I will ever buy a game from them again (who am I kidding... for the usual 4€ I probably will)

My Score: ★★

Original Post

Main Post

Made it to 52!!!!!

51. Sonic Rush Adventure (DS) - 7/10
I enjoyed the individual levels more and felt the bosses were interesting if a tad easy. I enjoyed not falling off the edge every two seconds like in the first Sonic Rush game. I did find the sea map mechanic a pain in the ass and caused me to put the game down a few times due to having to collect parts to continue. I ended up just replaying bosses to get to the end.

52. Final Fantasy V (PSTV) - 8/10
Was absolutely loving this game throughout...made it to the final boss and then...my Vita card in my PSTV corrupted and I was left staring at an unplayable game. I have never had something like this happen to me and it was heartbreaking. I ended up finding a save online and using it on the PS3. While my team was definitely overpowered due to the save I found... I played the boss with my similar setup. I really enjoyed this game. The mechanics were more advanced than IV but the story was more simple. I really want to dive back into VI and see if it holds up as my favorite FF and one of my favorite of all time!

53. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (NES) - 9/10
Probably nostalgia talking but I still love this game. I love the music, the extra levels outside of the normal arcade experience and just the fun of playing it. I still remembered the code to give you a few extra lives on your play-through. I don't know if this version exists anywhere besides the NES. The arcade is obviously flashier but what they managed on the NES was fantastic.

tav7623

Well I figured it was time for a status update since I just finished my 32nd game of the year which you can read about (along with the other 31 games) here which means I've got about 13 -14 ish weeks to try to knock out 20 games :) :p .

IKSTUGA

48. Bayonetta, 9/10
Great stuff all around. I first played this 10 years ago on the 360 and it still plays just as well in 2019 on the Switch. Looking forward to trying the sequel for the first time!

49. The legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, 9.5/10
Beat ALttP for the first time, what a fun game. At times the game was a bit too cryptic for my taste, but I guess that's a pretty common thing in early 90's action-adventure games :messenger_tongue:. I'm pretty sure this would be a 10/10 if I had nostalgia for it, seems pretty dang groundbreaking for its time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom