• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2019 NFL Regular Season - Week 2

greyshark

I strongly urge you to reconsider, Vic

That’s crazy - when Fangio took over as Bears DC in 2015 one of the first things he did was hold people accountable and cleaned major house with our underperforming defensive players. Maybe it’s a public vote of confidence but privately the guy has a short leash?

jouQ0uB.png

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
Yeah, Definitely not a Steelers fan but He was a great QB.

There was a time a few years ago I was worried about the lack of really good young QB's in the league but that seems to have definitely come full circle
now. Once Brees (who is also out at least 6 weeks) and Brady Retire it will be a new Era.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
I would think the Rooney family has too much integrity for that but there is no success in this league without a franchise QB

I just took a look at qb stats for the first time this season. Maholmes stats are fucking disgusting. They should be illegal. They should be handed over and given to Garoppolo. As long as Maholmes keeps playing like this, They're going to have to give the Chiefs two super bowl trophies.

I know the truth is that he won't be able to sustain these numbers for the entire season. He'll have his low stat bad games, but still, his overall numbers could match or even surpass his insane first year stats.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I just took a look at qb stats for the first time this season. Maholmes stats are fucking disgusting. They should be illegal. They should be handed over and given to Garoppolo. As long as Maholmes keeps playing like this, They're going to have to give the Chiefs two super bowl trophies.

I know the truth is that he won't be able to sustain these numbers for the entire season. He'll have his low stat bad games, but still, his overall numbers could match or even surpass his insane first year stats.

I’d be very curious if he breaks Rodgers accuracy numbers. When does he have enough passes to become part of that disucsssion?

Dthomp

At this point, I kind of wish somebody would sign Colin, watch him be a below average QB so people can stop talking like there is some Super Bowl caliber QB out there not being signed. Not playing QB in the NFL for years will have taken it's toll along with the loss of mass, and ignoring that he was an at best average QB when he was in the league last.

Kacho

Gold Member
The circus that would inevitably follow Colin would be fun to watch, but I can't imagine teams being desperate enough to want to deal with that.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
The circus that would inevitably follow Colin would be fun to watch, but I can't imagine teams being desperate enough to want to deal with that.

Kapearnick was a one dimensional quarterback who eventually got exposed and couldn't adjust his game once defenses figured him out to continue to be a starter in this league. It has happened to too many players before him to count.

Then he created an media circus for the league by bringing an issue to the league that had nothing to do with football and pissed off the powers that be.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

0-3 after this week. With the way the 49ers have been playing, they should crush the (TANK BOUND) Steelers. "We play for pride." "No you don't. You play for a high draft pic stupid."

Also I didn't see that Gore ran for 70 yards and a TD. For a 36 year old, that's damn god. Time is catching up to Gore obviously, but the motherfucker is huffin and puffin and begging gore to "Please stop! You are making me look so bad right now! You need to stop looking that good for your age!"

Also Frank Gore lock for the HoF. Endurance, numbers and overall solid production are more than enough . Fuck needing a ring to get it. Also the "He was never an elite RB!" horse shit. Shut up whiny babies. Gore has always been a very good, sometimes great RB. If bad teams didn't hold him back so much, his numbers would look much better.

John Elway was quoted as saying that NFL officials "confirmed that the call on Bradley Chubb was 'dead wrong'"

The ref crew that game was awful and screwed both teams, and I maintain that we didn't deserve to win anyway, but that call is still getting a lot of airtime around here in Bronco Country

*shrugs*

It is what it is

Vade

Broncos got 3pts from a shit call earlier no sympathy here. All the call did was put it at a net 0-0

Vade Vade like I said, that ref crew was awful and shit calls went both ways, I always said that from the jump

To add to what I said, bottom line is the Bears still had to convert a 4th and 15 and they did.

I am just relaying shit I hear around the local area here

There is also a report that Elway asked coaching staff if Garrett Bolles "knows what holding is?" That's a true report, not a joke.

Year 3 of our first round tackle, seems kind of late to try to be figuring that out

Last edited:
Top Bottom