2020 kicks off! Trump holds first rally tonight (2-11-2019)

Apr 9, 2009
https://insider.foxnews.com/2019/02...texas-rally-followed-ingraham-angle-interview

President Donald Trump is heading to El Paso, Texas, Monday night, where he will hold a rally and be interviewed by Fox News' Laura Ingraham.

Tune in to Fox News Channel at 9:00pm ET to hear Trump's speech, followed by the exclusive interview on "The Ingraham Angle" at 10:00pm ET.

The sit-down will focus on Trump's pursuit of funding for a border wall ahead of the Feb. 15 budget deadline.

After a 35-day partial government shutdown that ended Jan. 25, the federal government could close again if congressional Republicans and Democrats cannot hammer out a compromise. Sources told Fox News on Sunday that negotiations had broken down.

Trump has also considered declaring a national emergency to allow him to fund the border wall, though Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell reportedly cautioned him against such a move.
For those without cable I'm sure there will be youtube livestreams from NBC, CNN, e.t.c. Ted Cruz and Greg Abbott will be with Trump as well. Exciting stuff.

Beto O'Rourke is holding a counter rally a few blocks away, which I'll be attending.

Jun 5, 2011
He's been running since he won. How many stump speeches has he done in the last two years? It would be nice if he governed between speeches and golf.

Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
The New York Times is already preempting this by pushing more of the "open all borders, legalize all criminals, down with America" bullshit. Any leftist on this board want to keep lying to us about your anti-American kind not wanting open borders?
A lot of "leftists" on this board are in full agreement with you and think the open borders bullshit is bullshit. Relax.

Apr 15, 2018
The border must be demilitarized, which would include demolishing the already-existing wall and dramatically downsizing the Border Patrol. Criminal sanctions on illegal entry and re-entry must be repealed.
They aren't even trying to hide it anymore. At least I won't have to hear anymore bullshit arguments and lies from people here about how democrats "don't really want open borders".

Apr 9, 2009
If DC tries to pass legislation that opens borders, I guarantee you heads will be on pikes in front of the Capital building.
The most comprehensive pro-immigrant legislation of the last 100 years was signed in 1986 by a republican president. There were more deportations in the Obama administration than in George W. Bush. This whole notion of democrats wanting to let migrants run amok is 100% certified bullshit pushed by our demagogue in chief because he wants you to be scared and angry.

You know why we were protesting Trump's migration crackdown last year? Because of the family separation policy, which Trump luckily backtracked on. You know why we were protesting Trump's travel ban in 2017? Because it didn't even target Saudi Arabia which is where the 9/11 hijackers were actually from.

They aren't even trying to hide it anymore. At least I won't have to hear anymore bullshit arguments and lies from people here about how democrats "don't really want open borders".
You will have to continue to hear those arguments from us, unfortunately, because one op-ed doesn't speak for my whole party.

Jan 25, 2018
Southeastern USA
If DC tries to pass legislation that opens borders, I guarantee you heads will be on pikes in front of the Capital building.
If you don't have borders you don't have a nation, that is exactly the kind of thing that would spark a second Civil War.

Americans are way too pussy to do anything like this, I guarantee you. It's nice to have dreams though.
You wanna bet?

Oct 24, 2017

So Trump gets another 1.4 billion to keep building the wall. Dems get pretty much nothin meaningful in return. I think that's a win for Trump.

Last edited:

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Its one fourth.

I don't see how 55 miles of fencing with explicitly no concrete barriers is a win for Trump, but uh, at this point sure. MAGA!
There's going to be a wall.

Want to know why?

Immigration cannot go on forever. The USA cannot fit the entirety of South America inside and watch its population explode.

The wall will be built. We have only one planet with a finite amount of resources, but we're suppose to believe infinite immigration does not challenge that?

Remember, people complain about climate change, but they don't care that millions of people move to the USA so they can pollute the planet even further? All moral arguments point to the wall being a human necessity.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
I don't think he will. Its a pittance.

And its not just the money but the barrier itself: fencing bollards. As in what we already have. And 55 miles lol

I sense shutdown 2 electric boogaloo.
My guess is he declares an emergency or finds some way to get the money from elsewhere instead of shutting down the government again.

Apr 15, 2018
My guess is he declares an emergency or finds some way to get the money from elsewhere instead of shutting down the government again.
In theory he could sign it and 30 minutes later declare an emergency and demand the army give him 5 billion to build the wall.

This is such a dog and pony show. Trump has the upper hand here because the law is on his side.

Oct 24, 2017
You dont need 1.4 billion to build 55 miles of barriers, so I feel like people are misinterpreting that somehow. Maybe it means 55 miles of new barriers and the rest will be used to reinforce exiting barriers.

Anyway the large number of Dems saying Trump should veto this tell me they actually feel its a win for him.

Feb 25, 2017
Great speech. Safety, prosperity, and unity. If democrats don't have any vision to counter Trump's message, but resistance and open borders, then Trump may see an easy path to victory.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2009
In theory he could sign it and 30 minutes later declare an emergency and demand the army give him 5 billion to build the wall.
If pubs want to risk granting that sort of precedence to the next dem president over 5 billion... well I would call that a strategic error.

Anyway the large number of Dems saying Trump should veto this tell me they actually feel its a win for him.
He should sign it. It was never going to materialize into anything like what his supporters had envisioned. He can still tout the wall and dems can tout reduced cost by 75%, lower bed capacity for ICE detainment, and 55 miles versus something more expansive so politically it evens out.

May 17, 2012
Canada
If pubs want to risk granting that sort of precedence to the next dem president over 5 billion... well I would call that a strategic error.
Nice talking point. National emergencies are called all the time by presidents. Obama declared 13 over his presidency, almost all of them are still active. They could do it without this precedent.

Here is CNN bagging on Trump for not declaring opioids a national emergency in 2017. Now it is the end of your country and will be met with swift retribution by the next democrat President if he does it for a wall. What a load of shit.

Last edited: