• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2020 movies don’t interest me at all...what about you guys?

sol_bad

The Gentlemen
Black Widow
Tenet
A Quiet Place 2
Onward
Soul
Mulan
No Time to Die
Antlers
Wonder Woman 1984
Top Gun: Maverick
Free Guy
Ghostbusters: Afterlife
Jungle Cruise
Bill & Ted Face the Music
Death of the Nile
Halloween Kills
Godzilla VS Kong
Raya and the Last Dragon

Lot's to look forward to and this is just the more higher profile movies.

Raziel

ill watch all of these at some point

bad boys 3
color out of space
birds of prey
sonic
invisible man
quiet place 2
new mutants
no time to die
fast & furious 9
black widow
wonder woman 2
top gun 2
tenet
ghostbusters
morbius
bill & ted 3
last night in soho
venom 2
halloween kills
eternals
godzilla vs kong
dune

GymWolf

not hyped about films in years tbh, i just lost passion.

the last one was the meg because i fucking love giant sea creatures films and sharks.

any good monsters movie in 2019 or this year?

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
It’s all so lame even the long awaited sequels Im not excited about. Like lol I almost don’t want to see GB or Bill and Ted cos what if they suck like every other soft reboot sequel in the past decade?

I’ll probably catch up on the classics. I have a huge Alfred Hitchcock collection ive been meaning to work my way through.

Also want to rewatch all the Marx Bros movies

Last edited:

GreyHorace

Dune by far is my most anticipated film this year. Really hyped to see how Villeneuve adapts it for the big screen.

Among the comic book movies, Wonder Woman 1984 and Black Widow are must sees for me. I like both Gal and ScarJo in those roles and the team behind both productions have proven they can make a decent film. Not so sure about Birds of Prey or Morbius though.

I'm gunning for the new Ghostbusters to kill it in the box office. After the 2016 shitshow and the SJW crowd meltdown that followed I'd like to see them wail even further if this film succeeds. Maybe Hollywood will finally learn the truth to the saying: Get woke, go broke.

GeorgPrime

Banned

Is there anything you’re looking forward to see in 2020??? Pretty much nothing on that list is calling to me at all...

what day you

Zero Interest in the next Marvel Cinematic Univeruse (i dont think they can achieve the same success like they did with the first one)

Aside from that iam waiting for

- Ghostbusters 3
- DoLittle (With Robert Downey Jr.)
- Free Guy ( i love the concept xD)
- Godzilla vs. Kong (just for fullscreen popcorn action)
- Dune (I love d the game when i was young and the first movie)
- Maybe Top Gun ( but i dont know if they destroy everything with it)

Last edited:

thequestion

Dune. (Loved All of DV’s films thus far - can’t wait for his vision of Dune)

Ghostbusters (Love the og films, love Paul Rudd. Looks like there will be some heart and soul in this one)

That new Chris Nolan movie. (Because Christopher Nolan)

Wonder Woman (unsure about this one. Might be good. Might be terrible. The music in featured in the trailer pumps me up. The actual substance shown in the trailer..... ehhhh....maybe???

Anything Lovecraft will get a watch from me.

Birds of Prey looks cool. There, I fucking said it. Marvel's lineup doesn't look all that impressive tbh. I'm usually just an indie, low budget movie freak so anything that's great I'll watch. Hollywood is so sterile as is so I can't say I'm excited.

The Gentlemen
Tenet
A Quiet Place 2
Soul
No Time to Die
Wonder Woman 1984
Top Gun: Maverick
Free Guy
Ghostbusters: Afterlife
Jungle Cruise
Bill & Ted Face the Music
Dune
Godzilla VS Kong

some of these are must watch for me, and some of them are just like I'm kinda interested and will watch it eventually.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
I checked out once Disney buried Star Wars. They own the entire industry and I’ve boycotted all Disney since TLJ.

Godzilla vs Kong however... hell yea. Still can’t believe that King of the Monsters was a legit Godzilla film, never thought it was possible. Thankfully the director/writer of that film is working on this sequel... so I’m hyped. Even tho Kong is a fucking joke and Godzilla should murder him in seconds.

Last edited:

Gargus

Banned
Every year that passes I find that I find fewer movies I'm interested in watching, and I find myself buying more blus Ray's of 70s and 80s movies.

Last year I could only be bothered to go the movie theater twice. Once upon a time in Hollywood and the lighthouse were the only ones I cared to go see. Oh and I went to a small theater to see a screening of phantasm and tetsuo iron man.

Super Mario

Banned
Eh, there isn't a ton on that list that I'm saying to myself that I must see on day 1. I'm sure there are quite a few in there I will enjoy. Maybe even ones that don't sound good at the moment.

However, Tenet will be one I am very excited for. Give me a Nolan movie and my butt will be the seat.

Antlers
Tenet
Monster Hunter
Dune

There are probably a handful of foreign films that'll end up being amazing. If you have a disdain for comic book movies, 2020 won't be any different than the last 5 years or so.

Top Bottom