• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2020 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

xPikYx

Assassin's Creed Odyssey + DSR Factor 4k (80%)+ Custom Reshade + Raytraced Global Illumination

0kacOC.png

0kaUTv.png

0kaXU5.png

Markie

Actually I am using Reshade (HDR, MagicBloom, DPX and some desaturation to keep colors the same)
Oh, ok. I'm curious to see what the vanilla game looks like on PC. The art direction seems closer to Halo 5 and the Destiny games than to the previous Halo games.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
T The Janitor How are you liking the flight? I got invited, but I don't think I'm gonna install. I just remember how stunning Halo 4 looked on 360 to the point that I was shocked at what I was seeing. Then you see how much smaller the environments are. But no denying that it looks fantastic.

xPikYx xPikYx Wow at those Odyssey screenshots. Looks stunning. Great job. What GPU are you using?

Last edited:

xPikYx

T The Janitor How are you liking the flight? I got invited, but I don't think I'm gonna install. I just remember how stunning Halo 4 looked on 360 to the point that I was shocked at what I was seeing. Then you see how much smaller the environments are. But no denying that it looks fantastic.

xPikYx xPikYx Wow at those Odyssey screenshots. Looks stunning. Great job. What GPU are you using?
Thank you so much, I appreciate it, It's running on a rtx2080 water-cooled at 30 fps at the 80% of 4k because of the Raytracing

xPikYx

It looks really good and you did a great job with the reshade/injection. Can't wait to see more.
thank you so much, it is nice to receive some very good feedback and very encouraging, my reshade is based on the one I developed for the Witcher 3 with some small adjustment to adapt it to the color palette of AC Odyssey, but the very great work has been done on the Witcher 3

Markie

Quake 2 RTX
It's incredible how "right" the lighting and the reflections look in motion.
I know what you mean. Every time I look at Quake II RTX and Minecraft RTX I get that impression. The visuals in games with ray traced lighting (or fully path traced like those two) just feels different, even on static images actually. It's very subtle, but it's there. It all just looks "correct" and natural in a way very few rasterized games do, the lighting ends up making everything else look somewhat real at points even though these two games are heavily stylized and cartoonish.

Last edited:

Well I haven't actually played it much, I just briefly use the flight for screenshots and making a HUD toggle. Then I wait for the release. But it seems like a good port, runs well.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Well I haven't actually played it much, I just briefly use the flight for screenshots and making a HUD toggle. Then I wait for the release. But it seems like a good port, runs well.
Yeah, they all run super well. Your screenshots and reshade look fantastic. You plan on posting more?

xPikYx

Damn xPikYx xPikYx these two are fantastic. If you could get visuals like that at 60fps.

giphy.gif
Unfortunately only 30fps (but it is a single player game so not an big issue) definitely with a 3080 you can, the problem is the ray tracing shader, too much performance hit, obviously if I drop the resolution to 1440p 60fps are possible even with raytracing

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Unfortunately only 30fps (but it is a single player game so not an big issue) definitely with a 3080 you can, the problem is the ray tracing shader, too much performance hit, obviously if I drop the resolution to 1440p 60fps are possible even with raytracing
It's gonna be interesting going forward and DLSS being adopted more by developers exactly where the 20xx series is gonna fit in.

xPikYx

are you using the game resolution scaler?
I use the nvidia dsr factor (I have a monitor 1080p) to improve the resolution up to 4k and in this particular case I use the game scaler to reduce it a bit (70%)because the game is too demanding using the Raytracing

sertopico

Control, 2880p, DLSS ON (1440p), RT ON. This DLSS is incredible, yes, there's some shimmering here and there but the overall image is incredibly stable and pretty much clean, maybe more than my native.

edit: whoops, sorry for the overlay, I thought the photo mode was going to get rid of it. D'uh!

50524891917_e2531573b9_o.png

50524727601_e23a6a2267_o.png

Last edited:

xPikYx

These look insane, as do the rest of your AC screenshots. Great job, man.

Sidenote: having a proper monitor has given me a newfound appreciation for this thread.
Thank you so much I appreciate your feedback these posts make me willing to keep up, thanks

I would like to mod AC Unity next as I know it is even better than Odyssey even though it is older

Top Bottom