- Sep 21, 2018
Full review:Is this game good? It's in my steam library almost since release... I loved Fuel (2009 game) and it seem very smilar visually. I also liked Arkham Knight
I enjoyed it, it ticks a lot of boxes for me. I will say, don't expect Fury Road. This game is Road Warrior.
- Driving is really good (once you get better parts, much like Banjo Nuts & Bolts) and the vehicular combat is fun. I found myself not using fast travel at all because driving around was fun.
- Combat is similar to Arkham games fluid combat system and on-foot controls are very similar to Just Cause. I think the running animations are directly lifted from JC3. Jumping isn't precise, but you never need it to be.
- I like dystopian future settings and Mad Max's setting is great.
- The game runs really well, 4K/60 with a couple heavy Reshade boxes ticked with no hiccups
- The story is almost non-existent and there are very few interruptions to the game.
- Repetitive. There is a lot to do but you do a lot of it many times over.
- The game is 90 hours long if you want to 100% it, which I did. It should have been 60.
- The entire last 1/3 of the game does some annoying things. You spend the game building the Magnum Opus up to be the most bad-ass car around, but you are forced to abandon it several times and drive garbage vehicles instead which tend to be clunky to drive. There are also a couple races where you have to downgrade the Magnum Opus before you can do a mission which is equally puzzling.
- The story cutscenes that do exist are pointless and I didn't care about them.