• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2020 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
Metro Exodus (4K RTX Ultra)

TnBHaww.jpg

WRMLvG0.jpg

There are a lot of great artists working on games. Sometimes it's just a delight walk around the world they designed ignoring all the microtransactions and live service bullshit. There's passion even behind anthem if you know where to look.

The Witcher 3 - Vanilla

woJOMzz.jpg

I'm about done with this game. For about three hours everything ran smooth as butter, then I was getting CTD's every couple minutes. I ended up removing the entire works and did a fresh install with a new save. The new file worked fine until I reached about the same spot. It's doing the exact same thing with no mods installed. I've tried every "fix" I can find on the internet from simple shit like disabling v-sync to running it in potato mode to ripping through the game files and changing things. I've never played a game that crashes this often, including Bethesda's messes. This can't be normal, the game is universally adored, but I can't even fast-travel.

There are a lot of great artists working on games. Sometimes it's just a delight walk around the world they designed ignoring all the microtransactions and live service bullshit. There's passion even behind anthem if you know where to look.

I always feel bad when a game comes out and it's a complete shit-stain, but you can clearly see a lot of work went into designing the world and the NPC/items populating it. You have these artists that create everything from vehicles to simple background props and because the game they are in had no QC or worse, no actual game underneath, their work is often completely overlooked.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
The Witcher 3 - Vanilla

woJOMzz.jpg

I'm about done with this game. For about three hours everything ran smooth as butter, then I was getting CTD's every couple minutes. I ended up removing the entire works and did a fresh install with a new save. The new file worked fine until I reached about the same spot. It's doing the exact same thing with no mods installed. I've tried every "fix" I can find on the internet from simple shit like disabling v-sync to running it in potato mode to ripping through the game files and changing things. I've never played a game that crashes this often, including Bethesda's messes. This can't be normal, the game is universally adored, but I can't even fast-travel.

I always feel bad when a game comes out and it's a complete shit-stain, but you can clearly see a lot of work went into designing the world and the NPC/items populating it. You have these artists that create everything from vehicles to simple background props and because the game they are in had no QC or worse, no actual game underneath, their work is often completely overlooked.
Damn on my phone it looks really good with max brightness.

Kenpachii

Witcher 3 1440p, extended shadows, ultra + hairworks 8x and texture overhaul.

Performance is impressive tho still rock solid 60 fps until u zoom to far in on hairworks mostly happens after cutscenes then it drops to high 50's or fight 3 bears at once.

Must say blood & wine is a great expansion, pushes the visuals a bit further then the base game for sure and story is a lot more focused then the mess that the main game is. I would have loved if they did more of these expansions. The fairy tail world was exaclty what i was missing in witcher, while the idea was absolutely great and well done, it wasn't that well executed. Felt rather simplistic. Would have seen a more indepth version of it on the size of a expansion.

Visual the game is a mixed bag tho, some area's look incredible, other area's look really bad.

Also didn't like how u couldn't get to the castle in the second picture. Was really wondering what would be in it. But u can't reach it. Sucks.

VN6ScGR.png

hsaPK8G.png

Hope heart of stones is the same quality, i doubt it tho. but we will see. The only real downside i have is that the fights are to hard even on easy mode. I get 2 shot all day long and have a real hard time figuring out how to kill stuff. Which ends up in endless reloading.

sertopico

Oblivion with many mods. Goodbye social life!

I haven't been installing this in more than 10 years. I'm amazed from what the modding community has been able to achieve. Better Cities does wonders I must say, except for the framerate (even if I have a 1080Ti and a 6700K). :D I should have installed the game on SSD in order to get a smoother experience though. This game really stresses mechanical drives, a defrag on a regular basis is needed.

49376929508_3394bbb10d_o.png

49376929963_4221b10254_o.png

Last edited:

sertopico

Oblivion...

...And when you think your game is performing good you reach an area called Skingrad Outskirts and your computer starts begging for mercy. Jeez, I wasn't expecting such a poor performance. Probably it's related to the fact they added many new NPCs with their own schedule and, as we all know, this game uses only one core. Not to mention the added clutter. Sigh! By the way, I have enabled the sharpening present in Oblivion Realoded. Better with or without?

49388320403_ddff27300e_o.png

49388994767_a60a33f6e2_o.png

Last edited:

sertopico

Oblivion.
In Leyawiin -beautiful location, maybe one of the best, specially when modded- I am having severe framerate drops. As soon as I get into the city the game runs smooth but after a minute or so the framerate goes terribly down, making the game almost unplayable. It's super laggy and I don't know why it does that, since it manages to run smoothly for a bit. :/ Anybody has solutions?

49393716622_f58c7a7452_o.png

49393038818_df45e4b49f_o.png

Top Bottom