• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2020 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

Dr.D00p

When I first tried Project Cars 2 on console, I wasnt impressed graphically. PC is def on another level. Really impressed by the entire package of this title.

Just a shame they reduced the graphical fidelity from the the first game, to get the damn thing running better on non Nvidia GPU's.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Star Citizen:

jBKape.png
jBKG1a.png

Dr.D00p

Star Citizen looks fantastic, no doubt about it,true next level fidelity...in still screenshots.

It's only when you start to move, that it all turns to shit.

When I first tried Project Cars 2 on console, I wasnt impressed graphically. PC is def on another level. Really impressed by the entire package of this title.

Try this if you're interested, based on the Maddness Engine used in Project Cars. Still in early access but it's already really promising. Just don't pay $100 for the season pass...

xPikYx

F1 2019 (Photo Mode) + Custom Reshade + Path Tracing GI

Completely Reworked my profile from scratch. I added to many modification to the colors to the previous one and I lost it, what's difficult is to balance the result all over because the modifications do not work in every condition, it may work in an agle then you change angle and does't work, also because you need always the same kind of comparision material to replicate all of them

jBOb2v.jpg

jBOwJC.png

Markie

Looks good. Ive never played watch dogs on PC, does it look like that initial E3 footage? Console version sure didnt.

Vanilla PC version doesn't either. Even maxed out, i'd say it looks decent at best, and that's for its time of release. Playing WD with mods is an absolute must on PC. Both graphical and performance improvements (mostly regarding stutters) by doing so.

First one is for visuals, second one is for gameplay. Worth mentioning you can merge mods as well.

Vanilla PC version doesn't either. Even maxed out, i'd say it looks decent at best, and that's for its time of release. Playing WD with mods is an absolute must on PC. Both graphical and performance improvements (mostly regarding stutters) by doing so.

First one is for visuals, second one is for gameplay. Worth mentioning you can merge mods as well.

Awesome man thanks for the info! Wasnt aware of these mods. Might have to pick this title up now since its dirt cheap now. Looks awesome.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Session 4k max. Surprised more people dont talk about this game. Its basically Skate 4 now that they have added legacy controls (controls like Skate). Looks really good and I like that it has day/night cycles with great content making features.

really?? i bought the game and refunded it. the controls were absolutely awful and the character kept getting stuck in weird places. i might give it another chance.

Markie

thanks for sharing the pics, looks great. Does Watch Dogs 2 have good mods like this? I enjoyed WD2 more.

I think the first WD with this Natural and Realistic graphics mod looks better than anything WD2 can achieve. Maybe even better than anything GTA V can achieve depending on the time of day and map area. Sometimes i'm just messing around the map looking at the graphics and it makes me think "this looks too good to be true". There isn't any major graphics mod for WD2 as far as i know, just Reshade presets etc.

xPikYx

Great F1 2019 shots, looks real!
Thanks, ☺️

profiles are very nice, especially the one from the cockpit, it really gives you the impression of watching a f1 race. The problem with these profiles as i said remains that they do not work in any condition due to the limitation of the lightning (plus the comparision material doesn't help, too many micro differences in the way pictures are edited), so I realized these profiles with a generic look and then I adjust with the photo mode, for example the issue with the previous version of the photorealistic profiles was that there was too much contrast and switching among profiles was like having a punch in the eye,

Markie

VisualFidelity VisualFidelity It can look even better! Dansvsw (aka Vosswar) did an excellent job with removing the blue tint from the game with the Reshade preset he included in his mod, but that's pretty much as far as it goes. He could have made much better use of it on certain aspects, which i did. Try this:

In Watch_Dogs\bin\ReShade\Presets\Default open "Shaders_by_Ceejay.cfg"

And change the SMAA values to these:

#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.100
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 32
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 16
#define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 25

Then change the HDR values to these:

#define USE_HDR 1

//>HDR settings<\\
#define HDRPower 1.10
#define radius2 0.81

And the Lumasharpen values to these:

#define USE_LUMASHARPEN 1

//>LumaSharpen settings<\\
#define sharp_strength 1.50
#define sharp_clamp 0.035

The game already looks great with the mod and the default Reshade settings, but here it still manages to look even better with this custom Reshade i've done. HDR is what makes the biggest difference, you'll notice how the game looks bleak and lifeless without it. Now just keep in mind i use Reshade's SMAA combined with the in-game FXAA, that's why i've put a relatively high amount of sharpening there. If you think it's too much just reduce sharp_strength to your liking.

Top Bottom