• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2020 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

Oblivion

49965934956_a9d95696ee_o.png

Alright, alright, I'll put the sweetroll back calm the fuck down...

Markie

Star Wars Battlefront II

jpKIYr.png

jpK0q7.png

Disappointed by not seeing more of this game here. It deserves more attention. It seriously is in the top 20 best graphics ever so far.

On a sidenote, having played both games, I find very interesting how the second one seems to look less realistic but more cinematic overral, but when you compare maps that are present in both games (such as Scarif in your screenshots or the Bespin/Outer Rim maps ported directly from the previous one) it looks almost identical.

Last edited:
Disappointed by not seeing more of this game here. It deserves more attention. It seriously is in the top 20 best graphics ever so far.

On a sidenote, having played both games, I find very interesting how the second one seems to look less realistic but more cinematic overral, but when you compare maps that are present in both games (such as Scarif in your screenshots or the Bespin/Outer Rim maps ported directly from the previous one) it looks almost identical.

There are two major issues with the game that made me drop it.

- They update and break mods, and the community doesn't update the mods to work in the new version.

Sly's cinematic lighting overhaul improved the visuals a ton, especially in space, but it's been outdated for a while now. I also used to run all the photogrammetry mods for the characters to make them look the same as in Battlefront 1. Sade's filmic characters and Moose's character mods made the characters look about as perfect as I think they can look. The vanilla characters look like wax figure versions of the people they are based on, but the filmic versions were damned good, especially Dooku. Other mods that really made a difference were several ship retexture mods that are outdated now like the Millennium Falcon retexture mod I was using, as well as multiple HUD tweaks that made the HUD smaller for 4K screens, cleaned it up, and had it auto-hide when not needed.

It's hard going back to the game without the improvements.

- The other issue is the lack of SP modes. They added instant action, but haven't given me a way to play modes like Starfighter Onslaught or Capital Supremacy outside multiplayer. Sometimes I just want to fly solo and the starfighter arcade modes are kind of lacking.

I'd be glad to take more shots in the game. but most of the coolest parts are multiplayer only where there is no such thing as setting up a shot. The best I could do in the past was to set up chronolapse and hope something turns out.

Project Cars 2 - Reshade

JArPBg1.jpg

IXOdTiI.jpg

Top Bottom