• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2020 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

WcqahpO.jpg

9zo5Rgw.jpg

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
A couple of flights in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Rhodes to Rome and Milan to Rekiyavik.

Incidentally, I'm pretty amazed by how many cities in Italy got the top detail treatment. Not only big ones like Rome, and MIlan, but also smaller ones like Venice, Florence, Bologna, and more.

50266585167_4c14b85ab3_k.jpg

50261903666_7657630353_k.jpg

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
A couple of flights in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Rhodes to Rome and Milan to Rekiyavik.

Incidentally, I'm pretty amazed by how many cities in Italy got the top detail treatment. Not only big ones like Rome, and MIlan, but also smaller ones like Venice, Florence, Bologna, and more.

50266585167_4c14b85ab3_k.jpg

50261903666_7657630353_k.jpg
Outstanding graphics

GHG

Gold Member
It does, 2.76MB file turned into ~2,01MB

Cubeupload is the best IMO, but 5MB size limit is annoying...

Interesting, I always thought they didn't compress images (or maybe they didn't in the past?) hence they were always widely recommended as an image host for screenshots.

I just can't fly the Cessna CJ4!

I get 'over speed' no matter what I do. Also the ap doesn't seem to work? I switch it on and engage altitude hold mode but I just nose dive like crazy? Why is that?

Edit- I don't know how you all do it! I struggle to control a jet like crazy, managed to get to the destination, have no idea where the runway is, what height I'm supposed to be, etc, have to circle around, then apparently I've overstressed it and that's it! Crash. Half an hour wasted (and the ete said fifteen minutes!).

Am I the only one struggling? I had to fly that manually as well as the ap just goes crazy even when all is set to off except maintain altitude.

I'm really salty at this yet again.

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
I just can't fly the Cessna CJ4!

I get 'over speed' no matter what I do. Also the ap doesn't seem to work? I switch it on and engage altitude hold mode but I just nose dive like crazy? Why is that?

Edit- I don't know how you all do it! I struggle to control a jet like crazy, managed to get to the destination, have no idea where the runway is, what height I'm supposed to be, etc, have to circle around, then apparently I've overstressed it and that's it! Crash. Half an hour wasted (and the ete said fifteen minutes!).

Am I the only one struggling? I had to fly that manually as well as the ap just goes crazy even when all is set to off except maintain altitude.

I'm really salty at this yet again.

The CJ4 has a sensitive throttle, and since it does not have an autothrottle (unlike the Longitude), you need to find the sweet spots and consistently adjust when you climb or descend. I have lots of experience with it, and I still go briefly into overspeed at times.

The autopilot works, but it's a lot more complex than many believe. You can find a guide I wrote here: https://twinfinite.net/2020/08/microsoft-flight-simulator-autopilot-guide/ It's not specific for the CJ4, but it'll teach you the basics.

Here's a video of me flying the CJ4 for an hour almost entirely with the autopilot. It should be able to show you what I'm doing with the various settings.

Keep in mind that business Jets are like sport cars, and they're quite sensitive to overcompensation. Excessive inputs can destabilize them easily, which is why learning to fly them with the autopilot is actually the correct way of doing it.

Last edited:
The CJ4 has a sensitive throttle, and since it does not have an autothrottle (unlike the Longitude), you need to find the sweet spots and consistently adjust when you climb or descend. I have lots of experience with it, and I still go briefly into overspeed at times.

The autopilot works, but it's a lot more complex than many believe. You can find a guide I wrote here: https://twinfinite.net/2020/08/microsoft-flight-simulator-autopilot-guide/ It's not specific for the CJ4, but it'll teach you the basics.

Here's a video of me flying the CJ4 for an hour almost entirely with the autopilot. It should be able to show you what I'm doing with the various settings.

Keep in mind that business Jets are like sport cars, and they're quite sensitive to overcompensation. Excessive inputs can destabilize them easily, which is why learning to fly them with the autopilot is actually the correct way of doing it.

Oh man in my blind frustration I posted my rant in the wrong thread! Was supposed to be in the MSFS OT. Sorry everyone.

Not surprising I can't fly a plane lol.

Thanks for the help on the CJ4, I thought it would be an easy starter jet but maybe I was wrong, or maybe there's no such thing.

I've actually watched Squirrel's video on ap and can get it to work in the Cessna 172 but it didn't seem to work in this. I'll check your guide and video out too.

I'm sure I'll improve if I can just not expect to be a master in ten minutes- it's my failing in every game lol.

Project Cars 3. The racing is better, the graphics are not. taken at 4k max settings.
jhbdJM.png

Project Cars 2 for reference. What a piss-poor effort by SMS. Seems all they did was make some minor changes to the track details and replace the asphalt with porridge. I'm curious how they got the AA looking worse in PC3 than the awful AA implementation in PC2.

Gameplay with a controller is better, gameplay with a wheel is worse. Why can't SMS have both work well?

Minor gripe, but it also bugs me that they are still using the ugly old Turn One racing suits and gloves that haven't been on the market in years. Shiny nomex is only used on bargain basement suits now.

Project Cars 2 - Reshade

IVCCi1g.jpg

NRYjxEO.jpg

Top Bottom