• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2020 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

regawdless

Banned
WD Legion

watchdogslegionscreezok62.jpeg

Thief

239160_201903162153573kg3.jpeg

xPikYx

Assassins Creed Valhalla
With my custom reshade.
sh0Ljl4.jpg

NB5thSc.jpg
I've got suspects that this Valhalla PC version is a port of the old gen consoles versions, it looks undistinguishable from Odyssey, I might be wrong but it doesn't look this much different from Odyssey while I've watched many previews videos whereas the game looked more next gen

Kadallia222

Neo Member
I've got suspects that this Valhalla PC version is a port of the old gen consoles versions, it looks undistinguishable from Odyssey, I might be wrong but it doesn't look this much different from Odyssey while I've watched many previews videos whereas the game looked more next gen

Sadly i kinda gree. That or my pc is crap cause the LOD distance it extremely horrid i have to angle my screenshots and hide the uglyness of the far view with fog or stylish angles XD.
And i got it set to max everything.

Assassins Creed Valhalla
With my custom reshade.

Toe5F1y.jpg

4n6m8CW.jpg

Last edited:

Markie

Red Dead Redemption II:

0qXrCi.png
0qX1w9.png

RDR2 is one of a kind... I have never seen a game manage to look so good while being set to the lowest graphical settings possible. I tried it on my PC with everything at low/off but with ultra textures, 16x Anisotropic Filtering and TAA set to high, and it looked really good, sure you can see some obvious graphical flaws such as the LOD constantly changing and low resolution shadows close-up, but it still definitely looked better (or better said, prettier) than many other relatively recent games set to high or ultra settings lol. You wouldn't tell right off the bat the game was set to low graphics. Most of the visual identity is preserved at any setting, as long as you have these 3 settings I've mentioned enabled to keep the scenery detailed and the image clean.

RDR2 is one of a kind... I have never seen a game manage to look so good while being set to the lowest graphical settings possible. I tried it on my PC with everything at low/off but with ultra textures, 16x Anisotropic Filtering and TAA set to high, and it looked really good, sure you can see some obvious graphical flaws such as the LOD constantly changing and low resolution shadows close-up, but it still definitely looked better (or better said, prettier) than many other relatively recent games set to high or ultra settings lol. You wouldn't tell right off the bat the game was set to low graphics. Most of the visual identity is preserved at any setting, as long as you have these 3 settings I've mentioned enabled to keep the scenery detailed and the image clean.

I just wish you could set the gameplay in RDR2 to high. It definitely pushes some damned good looking visuals.

Markie

I just wish you could set the gameplay in RDR2 to high. It definitely pushes some damned good looking visuals.

My PC can't achieve 60 FPS no matter what. i5 2400, GTX 950 2GB, 8GB DDR3. Even at the lowest settings (plus those 3 I've mentioned before) I still get 50-60 FPS in open fields with nothing happening and 35-40 FPS in busy areas... I'm both CPU and GPU limited. And that's at 1366x768. I'd rather wait to play that game when I fully upgrade my PC.

GHG

Gold Member
I keep saying that this game is outdated as F***, I can't see any difference from Odyssey lol

Ok...? Go play odyssey then.

Meanwhile those of us enjoying Valhalla and can see the improvements that have been made will continue to post screenshots of the game.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I keep saying that this game is outdated as F***, I can't see any difference from Odyssey lol
I'd say that's a pretty fair comparison tbh. Both look great, but I'm also of the opinion that Unity is still the best looking AC game and that came out almost exactly 6 years ago so I'm probably not the best judge either. I think Unity still looks the best followed probably by Origins and then Odyssey/Valhalla. Though, I think I just enjoy the art direction more in Origins than Odyssey so that's definitely putting some bias in my opinion.

xPikYx

Ok...? Go play odyssey then.

Meanwhile those of us enjoying Valhalla and can see the improvements that have been made will continue to post screenshots of the game.
it wasn't a complaint on the shots lol you misunderstood me :messenger_grinning_sweat:

xPikYx

Valhalla is a better looking game though, that's a fact. The lighting is more natural, the materials are better and there is more detail in the world. No mods or reshades required, it looks great.

It also runs better at like for like settings levels.

Assassin-s-Creed-Valhalla-13-11-2020-01-36-41.png

Assassin-s-Creed-Valhalla-13-11-2020-01-55-38.png
I obviously don't doubt that, either because I don't personally have the game and it it effectively a new game, so it is obvious that is better, but comparing the screenshots not that much as expected from a "next gen" game, even crossgen as such, but we are OT

GHG

Gold Member
I obviously don't doubt that, either because I don't personally have the game and it it effectively a new game, so it is obvious that is better, but comparing the screenshots not that much as expected from a "next gen" game, even crossgen as such, but we are OT

We will need to wait for them to make a new "next gen" engine to see a visual improvement to the degree you are expecting. This is a swan song for the current engine, this generations "black flag" if you like.

Assassin-s-Creed-Valhalla-13-11-2020-00-57-10.png

Assassin-s-Creed-Valhalla-13-11-2020-01-10-53.png

xPikYx

We will need to wait for them to make a new "next gen" engine to see a visual improvement to the degree you are expecting. This is a swan song for the current engine, this generations "black flag" if you like.
Yes I do agree, the engine is old and even though graphic is beautiful it cannot be pushed further, I think was the same situation when the first current gen assassin's creed was released despite unity which was the first current gen "next gen" title, and also the game engine was not meant for open worlds too as Unity is still today the best Assassin's creed graphicwise which also I purchased recently for roughly 3.50£ and ready to be reshaded

Top Bottom