• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2021 NFL Season | OT | "Some of those blokes are giving 110, 120%"

Who gon' winnit? (cut off at 10 for poll brevity's sake)

• Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Baltimore Ravens

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • San Fran 49ers

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Los Angeles Rams

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Cleveland Browns

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other, hear me roar my reasons

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • DEM TITANS BABAY

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
i start getting a feeling... maybe in the last 5 or so years college teams have really figured out how to make QBs peak early, while they're in college, and the NFL teams are kinda slow to realise that players who look like they're destined to blossom are already kinda capped out... this is what watching Hurts brings to mind, he's a bit small, maybe they thought he could carry it but maybe he just maximised what he had...
cant really comment on that as I've only seen 1 college game and my only take away from it was just how low quality it was. A bit like watching womens cricket.

Tschumi

isn't footy in oz like the 4th winter sport? I don't even know what that would be in the UK. Probably something obscure that nobody watches like hockey.
nah we like to think we take football seriously, i think you could say it's more popular than rugby union at least, but we fucking suck at it... i don't live there any more but when i did i played indoor against some of the guys who represented australia... i'm pretty good but i'm not good enough to match international players lol

nah we like to think we take football seriously, i think you could say it's more popular than rugby union at least, but we fucking suck at it... i don't live there any more but when i did i played indoor against some of the guys who represented australia... i'm pretty good but i'm not good enough to match international players lol
Odd that union is 4th considering how good your guys are at it. It's (a distant) number 2 here behind football (and more football). Nobody gives a stuff about league outside of a few dozen weirdos up north.

Tschumi

Odd that union is 4th considering how good your guys are at it. It's (a distant) number 2 here behind football (and more football). Nobody gives a stuff about league outside of a few dozen weirdos up north.
you'd know we used to be way, way better... god i miss lynagh, larkham, hell even mortlock, gregan, eales... back when we were the technical equals of the kiwis... these days everybody just wants to flick it behind the back like quade cooper lol, even our forwards, fuck it all

a few wins here, we beat the boks but they beat the kiwis who we haven't beat in like 20 years so we're clearly micropenises against the ABs... yeah touches a nerve in me :p my grandpa was a wallaby back in the 50s/60s

Tschumi

I'm thumping my opponent in fantasy NFL this week but he's someone who hasn't even kept his team updated, some of his starters are IR, so this is a wasted huge score lol

Last edited:

Tschumi

i'm gonna start doing something with my time, i think, if the eagles steal a win that'd be fun, but if the bucs win it it'll be pedestrian, so i'll either save a pleasant surprise or a meh for when i get back

Pagusas

Elden Member
Lmao at all the gamblers livid about the 2pt conversion and 6pt win. I don’t think there are any sweeter tears then those of sport gamblers losing.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Of his former coach, Carr said: "I love the man, [but] you hate the sin. No one's perfect."

Welcome back to the fun part of NFL!

PREDICTIONS WEEK 6!

Score going in:
Tschumi = 61.25% ⭐
Nobody_Important Nobody_Important = 68.75% ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
@DadEggs = 62.5% ⭐
Elpidio Valdés Elpidio Valdés = 68.75 ⭐

It's a close race in the pedictions stakes this season!

Eagles - Buccaneers - Easy to predict this one... Which means it's a perfect time for the Bucs to fuck up!
Jaguars - Dolphins - I dunno, you take what you get and I just wish the best for the Jags. But if you take the QB outta the equation it's clear which team has the better lineup, and I think Tua will have more influence than Lawrence, as far as it goes.
Panthers - Vikings - McCaffrey out for third straight game, Dalvin Cook due back, cousins might get sacked too much but i think injuries are going to be influential.
Ravens - Chargers - Again, I'll have to look more deeply into this, but going in I think the Chargers have more weapons across the board and a fitter allround defense than the Colts had.
Gianst - Rams - Nailed on, sorry Jonesy.
Colts - Texans - The Colts did well until injuries let Jackson look like an elite passer, I still worry that they'll give Davis Mills a lot of room to air it, but he isn't quite the same kind of threat. Cooks should get more some points for Fantasy though, I deem.
WhFT - Chiefs - I sincerely doubt the Chiefs will let this keep happening. WHffffT have given the fifrth most passing yards away and have very few sacks, i think it's a recipe for success for wheremahomesat
Bears - Packers - I don't think the Pack is invincible but I do think they've got enough weapons to keep giving Rodgers looks and I don't think the Bears can hold them out enough.
Lions - Bengals - Feeling sorry for Goff, I think it's entirely possible that he's getting the same Lions curse that Stafford got for all those years. He's a better QB than results show. I think the Bengals' questionable running game could make them predictable and give the Lions a shot.
Browns - Cardinals - I'll have a look at the Card's run D but I feel like Kyler Murray has taken over from Carr as the invisible MVP candidate this season and I think their problem solving capacity is huge. If the Brows win this, though, they're legit.
Patriots - Cowboys - This is damn hard, what a fantastic chance to see what Bill and the Pats can do, but I think the Cowboys are just a more fully matured team atm.
Broncos - Raiders - I don't know how the Raiders will bounce back from losing their HC but it'd be hard to pick them this week. I'll look at injuries.
Steelers - Seahawks - Wilson is out for the first time in history, I don't think the Hawks can overcome this.
Titans - Bills - the Bills are unbackable favourites to coin an international betting term, I think, I mean the Titans have a shot but the Bills are putting way too many points on the board this season.

Let's goooooo!
Jags over Lolfins - Future HoFer Trevor Lawrence throws 3 TDs.
Panthers over Vikes - Darnold gets ANOTHER rushing TD
Bolts over Ravens - Herbert continues to be the second coming.
Rams over Giants - Jones has 2 turnovers
Colts over Texans - This is a toss up. The colts are less of a fuck up though. So them.
Chiefs overs WFT - Mahomes goes off for 3 TDs
Packers over Cubs - Warrior God Aaron Rodgers once again gives a flawless performance.
Bungles over Lolins - Burrow and Chase are gonna eat.
Cards over Browns - Browns are too beat up to win.
Cowgirls over Cheatriots - Dallas has 4 turnovers though.
Broncos over Raiders - The whole Gruden thing has the Raiders off beat. No way they win.
Hawks over Steelers - Big Ben has 3 TOs. The old man needs to be put into a home.
Bills over Titans - Henry gets 100yds though

200.gif

Tschumi

Jags over Lolfins - Future HoFer Trevor Lawrence throws 3 TDs.
Panthers over Vikes - Darnold gets ANOTHER rushing TD
Bolts over Ravens - Herbert continues to be the second coming.
Rams over Giants - Jones has 2 turnovers
Colts over Texans - This is a toss up. The colts are less of a fuck up though. So them.
Chiefs overs WFT - Mahomes goes off for 3 TDs
Packers over Cubs - Warrior God Aaron Rodgers once again gives a flawless performance.
Bungles over Lolins - Burrow and Chase are gonna eat.
Cards over Browns - Browns are too beat up to win.
Cowgirls over Cheatriots - Dallas has 4 turnovers though.
Broncos over Raiders - The whole Gruden thing has the Raiders off beat. No way they win.
Hawks over Steelers - Big Ben has 3 TOs. The old man needs to be put into a home.
Bills over Titans - Henry gets 100yds though

200.gif

If those thursday night games don't quite do it for you and you want something even worse.... it's game time london! Come watch the worst teams the league has to offer in front of a sell out crowd willing to watch any old rubbish!

The Dolphins are a disgrace! Their forum looks like ResetEra right now, all the posters are "shaking with anger" asking for Flores and the GM Grier to be fired and for Ross to sell the team. I would be angry if I didn't find it funny. The whole team is a joke.

Tschumi

Fuck me lol what a dogshit fantasy week, I've got the Buffalo kicker left to accrue points and I'm on 110.. the chargers failing reeeeeeaally fucked me

Last edited:

Tschumi

that's about that i guess, unless they can make a stop and zeuerlin [sic] miss his kick

-- Well that's that ! Nice pass, Dak was throwing those all night it seems, that's about right...

but gg mac jones

Last edited:
Fuck me lol what a dogshit fantasy week, I've got the Buffalo kicker left to accrue points and I'm on 110.. the chargers failing reeeeeeaally fucked me
My fantasy team has been so bad this season. I'm about to be 2-4 with 4 straight losses after a promising start. I'm done with football for today, watching The Dodgers vs The Braves now. Let's go LA!

Tschumi

can't believe that steeler got the first down lol, he squandred an easy 1 yard rush by going lateral...

damn, Snell's hand was hanging free, looked like something important snapped in his forearm..

Two fantastic plays in a row from the 'hawks there

0-0 after one quarter, a different type of interesting.

"charmin" toilet paper ad... talking about a family of chubby bears being happy to have clean assholes... some marketing person is feeling very smart "let's start talking to all those families who are so morbidly obese and can't reach their buttholes!"... Dane Cook should look it up!

Last edited:

Tschumi

i'm glad juju is out of the way lol some decent WRs can get to work in his stead

damn, Trevon Diggs is an absolute ball-hawk.

He reminds me of a young Ed Reed.

giphy.gif
he looked pissed after NE's comback, probably why NE didn't do another thing all night lol

Tschumi

Every time i watch a Steelers game I wanna stop being neutral and be a Steelers fan, just love their uniforms lol, their coach and their history

Last edited:

Tschumi

I don't think the Seahawks sucking is Smith's fault, they're not defending him and they're not getting open for him.

... Stilluhs kickin' ass

Bills - Titans, let's hope the Titans put up a fight and this lovely extra day of NFL intrigue isn't a blowout (no offense Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes )
On the one hand I can't stand the bills and would like the titans to win but on the other hand I want the bills to get back to their traditional superbowl losing ways. I miss the days where year after year we were just waiting to see who would beat them in the final game of the season.

Top Bottom