• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2021 NFL Season | OT | "Some of those blokes are giving 110, 120%"

Who gon' winnit? (cut off at 10 for poll brevity's sake)

• Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Baltimore Ravens

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • San Fran 49ers

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Los Angeles Rams

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Cleveland Browns

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other, hear me roar my reasons

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • DEM TITANS BABAY

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Jimmy G may suck but he can morph into a smokin hot chick.

Ea5FcO3WkAI95wb
weird-boner.gif

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Jaylen Ramsey and Odell Beckham Jr? These are the people you root for?

Anyone who hates a small market team with a history of losing can not be trusted!!

Go Bengals!!

Squarehard

He just hasn't been the same since his breakout year. And to do this after the pro bowl of all things.

Guess Saints might finally be looking elsewhere for another RB, lol.

Squarehard

first time watching the pro bowl..that felt like a straight up mockery of the sport tbh
While all the other major sports leagues have been doing different things to make their more interesting, the NFL seems to be regressing with theirs. But it's just a cash grab for the owners anyways, so they really don't give a shit anyways.

Lunarorbit

Wait you mean deflate gate was complete bullshit?

The Washington sex scandal, the league allowing dudes like tyreek hill to play in the NFL, rampant racism amongst the owners.....
I really don't care about the nfl like I used to. It's still my favorite sport but time and time again Goodell and the owners show they don't deserve to be running the league

Dr Bass

Wait you mean deflate gate was complete bullshit?

The Washington sex scandal, the league allowing dudes like tyreek hill to play in the NFL, rampant racism amongst the owners.....
I really don't care about the nfl like I used to. It's still my favorite sport but time and time again Goodell and the owners show they don't deserve to be running the league
Yup, basically. But some people will cling to it because they hate winners.

Also funny that Aaron Rodgers flat out stated he over inflated balls beyond their supposed limit and no one said jack.

Yes Goodell is not a great leader.

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
So GAF are we gonna be ignoring the superbowl in this thread or do we need a dedicated thread to ignore it in?
Are there any Bengal or Ram fans or Gaf?
I'm very excited to see this Super Bowl matchup,

I don't think the Bengals can protect Burrow, though.
I'm predicting OBJ blows the top off of the Bengals secondary and Aaron Donald flattens Burrow 4 times - RAMS roll, 31-21.
I also put $50 on the Rams, betting with a former co-worker, so nobody can say I didn't put my money where my mouth is. :LOL:

Last edited:
I'm a Bengals fan for the night. Gotta support the underdog when both teams are on my meh list. A blowout for LA wouldn't surprise me in the slightest but I'm hoping for the game to be alive in the 2nd half still. If only as compensation for suffering through that god awful half time show they have lined up.

My prediction for this game was the LA Rams due to how balanced they are as a team. I'm not the only one though, people were writing off Cincinnati for not facing a good defence in the playoffs.

Teslerum

Larry David is doing crypto commercials.

What??????
Everyone's doing it. Because currently the PR machine for Crypto got out of hand and its considered the next big thing.
Why wouldn't you jump onto it?

I can also guarantee that none of these celebrities (and a lot of companies) actually understand crypto. There's going to be a massive rude awakening at some point.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

I didn't care about either team in this game, but I feel like some of the calls against the Bengals at the end were pretty suspect. Namely the holding call on the 3rd and goal I think it was (should have been fourth down instead of another first), and the unnecessary roughness or whatever it was in in the end zone ... the Rams on offense ran into the defender on the replay, how do you avoid that, jump out of the way? Seems kinda silly and taints the win a bit IMO. But I know thats how the NFL goes. 🤷‍♂️

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
I didn't care about either team in this game, but I feel like some of the calls against the Bengals at the end were pretty suspect. Namely the holding call on the 3rd and goal I think it was (should have been fourth down instead of another first), and the unnecessary roughness or whatever it was in in the end zone ... the Rams on offense ran into the defender on the replay, how do you avoid that, jump out of the way? Seems kinda silly and taints the win a bit IMO. But I know thats how the NFL goes. 🤷‍♂️

lot of bad calls all around tbh

demigod

It was a made up call for the offensive pass interference by the Bengals on their TD.

This year’s SuperBowl ad sucked hardcore.

Dr Bass

lot of bad calls all around tbh
I didn't see the whole game since I was doing stuff while it was going on. Paid more attention at the end.
It was a made up call for the offensive pass interference by the Bengals on their TD.

This year’s SuperBowl ad sucked hardcore.
I just saw this play, yeah that seems pretty dumb too. Wish they could just get the calls right instead of doing things like this.

Last edited:

Tschumi

I'm glad the rams have won one, going into this season the narratives all seemed to be about Brady winning until he called it quits then Mahomes winning everything for half a decade or something.. felt like the rams lost their shot with the downfall of Goff.. good to see they came good. I don't think burrow would have considered runner up in the SB even remotely likely at the start of the season, so he should be happy too, to a certain extent.

Xenon

Not exactly non stop action,but it was still a good Superbowl. The post season as whole was freaking great.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Refs giving Rams 6 more chances inside the 10 on a fake holding penalty was the game. Terrible way to end the season for the NFL.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Made up for them not calling the facemask and giving the Bengals a 75 yard TD

I'd argue that make up calls should happen before successful stops on 3rd and goal at the end of the game.

"Here's 4 more tries. Let's get you a few yards closer to the endzone too."

Bengals won that game. Rams are false champions.

Top Bottom