• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2021 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

Wunray

Dead Space 2

This alarm clock right here.......fuck that alarm clock
qeb6QZi.png
LfZ6h1J.jpg

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
BusierDonkey BusierDonkey What a coincidence, I've just started playing Hitman as well. The graphics hold up perfectly well for a 2016 game, the architecture and amount of detail on everything is great, as well as the art direction overral. And the game itself is excellent to me so far, truly sandbox gameplay is not something you get so often in triple A games (apart from the Arkane games of course), I spent quite a bit of time just in the tutorial mission doing the challenges etc.

On a sidenote, this game desperately needs Reshade. The image is extremely bleak/dull with muted colors, it's almost like you're playing the game with low brightness or trying to play it in HDR using a SDR screen. The SMAA also doesn't clean up the edges well enough so you're better off using FXAA or injecting AA with an external tool and then sharpening it, because the game is very blurry already.

By the way, check this out: Hitman 2 includes all levels from Hitman in the updated engine (Hitman 3 will also do the same with H1 and H2), though it does not necessarily look better at all times:

Looking at the H1 levels in H2 you can notice the game has a yellow/brownish tint applied over everything as well as a stronger bloom effect and added lens flare, personally I think it detracted from the original art style and made it all a bit more artificial and generic looking, I prefer the H1 levels in H1.

I think Hitman 3 seems to correct most of those things (especially that yellow/brownish filter):

Kenpachii

CP

Damn, the RT GI set on Psycho makes a huge difference, once you start noticing what it does in certain lighting conditions. Like in this first pic, disabling it makes everything look more fake:

50839822078_432cb7a4f8_o.png

50839821938_08b70681dd_o.png

50839821848_bf2f3f5026_o.png

Totally agree, ultra setting should have included psycho. it makes a huge difference visually but dat 50% fps drain tho.

regawdless

Banned
CP

Damn, the RT GI set on Psycho makes a huge difference, once you start noticing what it does in certain lighting conditions. Like in this first pic, disabling it makes everything look more fake:

50839822078_432cb7a4f8_o.png

50839821938_08b70681dd_o.png

50839821848_bf2f3f5026_o.png

Agree, it makes the whole world so much more grounded and believable. Raytraced GI with multiple bounced rays is what we need for these kinds of games with dynamic time of day.

sertopico

Yeah, it does wonders for indirect lighting and gives a photorealistic look that couldn't be achieved otherwise. "Unfortunately", once you try it you cannot go back, so I took into account some slowdowns I am having here and there, for instance in the Afterlife and some areas in the city center (like the one where you meet the girl for that spellbook side mission). And I am playing at 1440p DLSS quality. This tech will need some more years to be fully enjoyable.

regawdless

Banned
Yeah, it does wonders for indirect lighting and gives a photorealistic look that couldn't be achieved otherwise. "Unfortunately", once you try it you cannot go back, so I took into account some slowdowns I am having here and there, for instance in the Afterlife and some areas in the city center (like the one where you meet the girl for that spellbook side mission). And I am playing at 1440p DLSS quality. This tech will need some more years to be fully enjoyable.

What card do you have?

sertopico

I have a 3080 as well and in the heaviest scenes it drops to the mid 40s, while usually fluctuating between 50 and 70fps.
Places with multiple reflection bounces and Psycho GI are just too much for now. Another area that comes to my mind is the main lobby from the peralez's building, before taking the elevator that brings to their penthouse. In that particular, rather small, area, there are so many rt effects in place that I notice a clear reduction in fps. Everything is reflective, and on top of that, you get that big ad screen at the end of the room that changes color and affects the overall lighting realistically. My GPU was crying. :D

CP

50843327583_ab5fe993fb_o.png

50844057536_b343ce6aef_o.png

50844057191_caefc051e6_o.png

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
I still regret not having purchased this game on PC.

In fact, this game was a big reason I abandoned consoles this generation.

I only bought it because it was on offer & in conjunction with the £10 Epic voucher the game only cost me £11.99 ($16)...and whilst the game has tremendous production values and looks great, the actual gameplay is hateful 'Dark Souls' type stuff, which quite honestly, I can't stand, so I simply blasted through it with a cheat mode. The level design and maps are pretty horrendous to navigate as well. I never would have stuck with it without cheating my way through it, TBH. I simply have neither the time nor inclination to learn the combat mechanics of DS type games.

Top Bottom