• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2021 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

Cyberpunk 2077 21:9

u4YIbRy.jpg

6dvh78G.jpg

92Lx88W.jpg

If anyone is thinking of playing this game in the near future and sees this:

Enter the following into the game.cfg file

e_lods = 0

It will disable the lod changes and only show the high res textures. The game has a texture streaming bug where low res textures start appearing, flickering and often not going away, almost at random. I spent way too much time trying to fix it landing on this fix. I'm getting a solid 4K/60 on a 2080ti/10600K even with this, my reshade and the couple mods I'm running.

Prey - Reshade/mods

zTYADqG.jpg

C2QwTm3.jpg

Last shots of this game. Absolutely loved this game. The detail Arkane puts into everything is fascinating. The station is so full of ornate decor, but at the same time it's clearly a functioning space station with foil insulation peeking out from behind hardwood. In the arboretum there are giant boulders that if climbed are revealed to be hollow complete with a visible wooden framework. In the top images of the Talos station bridge you can see the massive multi-story tall viewscreen with a real-time external camera view of the station itself. You can enter the ventilation system and come out behind the screen. There you see the structural support system and electronics running it all. There is nothing to do back there at all but they still took the time to model every detail. You can't trust windows in the game as when you break them they often reveal that the image you see in the window is fake and there are hidden rooms behind them.

I had a bit of an ordeal getting the game to perform properly including a few hours of trial and error but it was definitely worth it in the end.

BARRAD

Neo Member
Prey - Reshade/mods

zTYADqG.jpg

C2QwTm3.jpg

Last shots of this game. Absolutely loved this game. The detail Arkane puts into everything is fascinating. The station is so full of ornate decor, but at the same time it's clearly a functioning space station with foil insulation peeking out from behind hardwood. In the arboretum there are giant boulders that if climbed are revealed to be hollow complete with a visible wooden framework. In the top images of the Talos station bridge you can see the massive multi-story tall viewscreen with a real-time external camera view of the station itself. You can enter the ventilation system and come out behind the screen. There you see the structural support system and electronics running it all. There is nothing to do back there at all but they still took the time to model every detail. You can't trust windows in the game as when you break them they often reveal that the image you see in the window is fake and there are hidden rooms behind them.

I had a bit of an ordeal getting the game to perform properly including a few hours of trial and error but it was definitely worth it in the end.
Amazing shots, you finally convinced me to give it a try! I think you even shared Reshade preset in history, any other recommendations on tweaks\customization before starting?

Amazing shots, you finally convinced me to give it a try! I think you even shared Reshade preset in history, any other recommendations on tweaks\customization before starting?

In game.cfg file add these lines (Users>your name>saved games>Arkane Studios>Prey):
r_chromaticaberration = 0 <- CA in this game is overused and was giving me a headache
r_motionblur = 0 <- Motion Blur is always shit and it makes the game look fuzzy.
e_lods = 0 <- Disables LOD changes in textures. This game has an issue with texture streaming.

In the autoexec.cfg file (SteamLibrary>steamapps>common>Prey, or wherever your install folder is for whichever launcher you use)
Change the last four digits in the line r_TexturesStreamPoolSize=XXXX. Make sure XXXX in increments of 1024, but not your total vram as that will max out Vram and cause the game to hang when the Vram hits 100%. I used 8192 with an 11GB 2080ti.

With the changes above I was getting a solid 4K/60fps with no drops and completely eliminated the texture streaming bugs from the vanilla game.

For reshade these are the filters I use in most games as a starting point and fine tune for each game:
Ambient light, Colorfulness, Magic HDR, DPX, Clarity, and Adaptive Sharpen. Almost every game I've played has a tendency to soften up the image which hides texture detail and washes out colors. These filters used together will improve just about any game I can think of.

If I still have some horsepower left I will fart around with different AO and DOF filters but they tend to cause as many issues as they fix and can be expensive to run. I won't play anything without a solid frame rate so I'll pick GPU overhead over extra added effects any day.

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
The Division 2 (Warlords Of New York) 4K Ultra Settings.

Such a good looking game, especially once you hit the New York Streets in the DLC but the Photo Mode is still infuriating me in its limitations and how difficult it is to get a good shot added to the fact that the game doesn't pause all action when in said mode, so you can still get shot whilst using it!!

50821049631_7db58bb588_o.jpg

50821046761_490966df30_o.jpg

Looks like most of things mentioned are covered by this mod
Will manually tweak Reshade. Thanks!

I forgot to include the mods I used, that was the main lighting mod I used. It replaces the pre-baked lights with dynamic lights and fixes the angle/placement of lights throughout the game.

Don't use the full version of the mod. It's heavy to run, adds a bunch of effects like god rays/bloom effects that often look out of place (god rays coming from basically any light colored objects for example). You also won't be able to adjust the reshade using that version of the mod. I used his NO RESHADE version of the mod and made my own reshade.

I also used the Better Scopes Mod. You use the Psychoscope a lot in the game and it has a bunch of effects that were really straining my eyes. This mod makes the scope effect clean.

Not a graphical mod but I also used a mod to skip the "hacking" mini game since it's not actually challenging and is mostly just an annoyance.

I'll mention as well since I forgot: Don't create a bunch of save files, avoid Quick-save, quick-load, auto-save and auto-load as much as possible and delete any extra save files you make when you don't need them. This game tracks every single thing you do the duration of the game. Dead NPC bodies, furniture (most set pieces are not static), even broken glass and expanded Gloo Gun foam is kept track of. Too many saves seems to "confuse" the game and you start running into issues where objects reset, the wrong enemies appear (I had end-game enemies appearing when I was still just starting out) and mission audio and game checkpoint resetting. The game might also start loading in the wrong save when you start putting you back several hours with no way to access the correct save. I had to restart because of this but using a single save file I didn't have any issues after that.

Markie

BusierDonkey BusierDonkey What a coincidence, I've just started playing Hitman as well. The graphics hold up perfectly well for a 2016 game, the architecture and amount of detail on everything is great, as well as the art direction overral. And the game itself is excellent to me so far, truly sandbox gameplay is not something you get so often in triple A games (apart from the Arkane games of course), I spent quite a bit of time just in the tutorial mission doing the challenges etc.

On a sidenote, this game desperately needs Reshade. The image is extremely bleak/dull with muted colors, it's almost like you're playing the game with low brightness or trying to play it in HDR using a SDR screen. The SMAA also doesn't clean up the edges well enough so you're better off using FXAA or injecting AA with an external tool and then sharpening it, because the game is very blurry already.

By the way, check this out: Hitman 2 includes all levels from Hitman in the updated engine (Hitman 3 will also do the same with H1 and H2), though it does not necessarily look better at all times:

Looking at the H1 levels in H2 you can notice the game has a yellow/brownish tint applied over everything as well as a stronger bloom effect and added lens flare, personally I think it detracted from the original art style and made it all a bit more artificial and generic looking, I prefer the H1 levels in H1.

Last edited:
Top Bottom