• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2021 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

tn5aKf5.jpg

17JBecj.jpg

ueKXqBv.jpg

Sorry about the HUD, there's no way I've found to make a toggle for it without changing the files and restarting the game each time and I need it on when I'm playing.

regawdless

Banned
I've been waiting for the next gen console patch on Cyberpunk 2077 but these screenshots are making the wait hard, it looks incredible!

Can I ask, how are people getting HUDless shots for Cyberpunk, does it have a photo mode of some sort?

Yes it does have a photo mode. Unfortunately not free cam, so it's rather limited regarding possible perspectives. But generally good photo mode.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
tn5aKf5.jpg

17JBecj.jpg

ueKXqBv.jpg

Sorry about the HUD, there's no way I've found to make a toggle for it without changing the files and restarting the game each time and I need it on when I'm playing.
This game is beutiful.
The alternate postprocessing option is only recently finally 4k60 playable. It was really demanding

Markie

Damn, BS Infinite still holds up surprisingly well.

Definitely, so does Call of Juarez: Gunslinger and Super Mario 3D World above. That's mostly because of the art direction and cartoonish art style of these games. Any game made like that is basically future proof visually. They're all from 2013, but there's even older games that can still look very good. Many 7th gen era games hold up very well, if they're on PC at high resolutions and with good texture filtering and anti-aliasing of course.

This is Dishonored, from 2012:

50349547316_f1920c42d6_o.png

50349707127_d1ef5b5bea_o.png

Last edited:
Bioshock Infinite - Reshade

aaTuBUg.jpg

Zsl06mK.jpg

00mIvD6.jpg

This game is beutiful.
The alternate postprocessing option is only recently finally 4k60 playable. It was really demanding

You're not joking. With all the boxes ticked for post-processing I was getting 99% utilization on a 2080ti which is bananas for a game this old. The geometry in the game is actually quite low, but well hidden by the art (look at the holes on the machine gun in my last shot for example)

The game runs pretty sloppy, not as bad as Prey but it needed some work with the .ini files and profile inspector. At least this game never outright crashed the entire time I played it. There are a lot of pointlessly heavy effects, but then other effects are held down that make a bigger difference. I made some changes in the files based on several performance guides/posts which dropped GPU to 60-80% with no impact on visuals. I discovered you can't alt+tab out of the game and alt+tab back in without permanently tanking the game's performance until restarting the game which is really annoying but easily avoidable. I haven't found a fix that sticks for that issue yet. Also, changing the shadow resolution from max to "normal" knocked my GPU utilization down a lot and based on comparing my own screenshots made absolutely no discernable difference in the game. A couple of the other settings were similar with almost no visible difference but they were using 1% or less of the GPU so I just left them alone.

With the above I'm getting a solid 4K/60 with my reshade included. Any card with performance of a 1080ti up should be able to do the same.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

I'm late and you may have already finished the game, but there is a way to hide the HUD, it's just laborious:

753728DA376700E6FA74139DA6270B941427FCA5
8DE7F7553FB5D4B2E546886D814330F6526EE9FE

3FE093F9153FB76AA5171B761DD522B786AC8E8D

I'm late and you may have already finished the game, but there is a way to hide the HUD, it's just laborious:

753728DA376700E6FA74139DA6270B941427FCA5
8DE7F7553FB5D4B2E546886D814330F6526EE9FE

3FE093F9153FB76AA5171B761DD522B786AC8E8D

I always check out nohud first when I start a new game with no built-in HUD toggle. I was going to try method #2 so I could toggle but the link for step #2 goes to a 404ed dropbox. I'm also just about done the game, I'm just wrapping up Burial at Sea part 2 but I appreciate the help!

Last shots from Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea

9fFOeQq.jpg

BXvwCvE.jpg

plnU5bp.jpg

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
I always check out nohud first when I start a new game with no built-in HUD toggle. I was going to try method #2 so I could toggle but the link for step #2 goes to a 404ed dropbox. I'm also just about done the game, I'm just wrapping up Burial at Sea part 2 but I appreciate the help!

Last shots from Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea

9fFOeQq.jpg

BXvwCvE.jpg

plnU5bp.jpg
Awesome lightnings effects

Crysis Warhead - Reshade

f6PeNkB.jpg

WkIDdnR.jpg

zoifhCC.jpg

This game is a mess.

If anyone wants to attempt to try this game, you will likely discover that the game runs at terrible framerate in fullscreen with V-Sync active but will be perfectly fine in a window due to a bug that for whatever reason defaults to your monitor's lowest compatible refresh.

I had to make a new custom resolution in Nvidia control panel (I just went with 2160 x 3039) which solved the issue. HUD, FOV etc can be toggled by activating dev mode in the start options on steam then using console commands and some assigned keys so that part went smoothly.

After that I was having no issues until I ran into my first big firefight at the crashed VTOL where the game can't seem to get through without a CTD. I've tried several suggestions I've found but nothing is sticking. Anyone else figured out a fix?

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
This game is a mess.

If anyone wants to attempt to try this game, you will likely discover that the game runs at terrible framerate in fullscreen with V-Sync active but will be perfectly fine in a window due to a bug that for whatever reason defaults to your monitor's lowest compatible refresh.

I had to make a new custom resolution in Nvidia control panel (I just went with 2160 x 3039) which solved the issue. HUD, FOV etc can be toggled by activating dev mode in the start options on steam then using console commands and some assigned keys so that part went smoothly.

After that I was having no issues until I ran into my first big firefight at the crashed VTOL where the game can't seem to get through without a CTD. I've tried several suggestions I've found but nothing is sticking. Anyone else figured out a fix?

I am always amazed at how well the CryEngine 2 holds up

I am always amazed at how well the CryEngine 2 holds up

If I can get it stable I was going to try modding it, but it seems to crash every time there's a quick camera change. I shut off compatibility mode entirely which has gotten me through half the game now, but then it started crashing out again. I'll try a couple more things in the morning.

More Crysis Warhead w/Reshade

VwtDUjT.jpg

e9VxXc6.jpg

JXrFYUk.jpg

Top Bottom